Players who won big titles without coach? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:22 PM   #16
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Players who won big titles without coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
we all know Serena is her own coach
In fact, you (we) don't know anything. Then again maybe I'm incorrect and that you spend most days hanging with Williams and her team as they train. It amazes me how many people think that the opinions they conjure up from being a fan mean they know what goes on.
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 09:27 PM   #17
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
In fact, you (we) don't know anything. Then again maybe I'm incorrect and that you spend most days hanging with Williams and her team as they train. It amazes me how many people think that the opinions they conjure up from being a fan mean they know what goes on.
You are like old geezer when you post things, get over yourself. You take every persons post here 100% serious and 100% as it is is written. You are more annoying than NashaMasha, Saisai, Dominic, sanders, an co. combined.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:00 PM   #18
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you mean the coach wasn't at the event or that they didn't have a coach at that time? It's very different because a coach can still give helpful advice (before a match) without being on-site.
good question. reading the examples he gave, i think the OP meant the first.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:23 PM   #19
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are like old geezer when you post things, get over yourself. You take every persons post here 100% serious and 100% as it is is written. You are more annoying than NashaMasha, Saisai, Dominic, sanders, an co. combined.
I agree. He's got serious issues. I've never liked his posts.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:24 PM   #20
country flag Pie800

Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future

Kim went end of 2005 through 2006 and until she retired in 2007, if I'm not mistaken, without a coach. She racked up some big titles in that time.

Lindsay DAVENPORT Elena DEMENTIEVA
Pie800 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #21
country flag lola-b.

lola-b. is a glorious beacon of light lola-b. is a glorious beacon of light lola-b. is a glorious beacon of light lola-b. is a glorious beacon of light lola-b. is a glorious beacon of light lola-b. is a glorious beacon of light lola-b. is a glorious beacon of light lola-b. is a glorious beacon of light lola-b. is a glorious beacon of light lola-b. is a glorious beacon of light lola-b. is a glorious beacon of light

What about Mona Barthel and her Paris title few weeks ago? Yes, there was somebody with her, but they met just a few days befor for the first time and only on a gut level decided to work together for that one week in Paris. And it rather looked like a "getting to know each other" than a coaching on court

But it was rumored that the guy will coach her again in March in the US.
lola-b. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 01:57 AM   #22
Tech1

Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Serena and Venus. i really don't get why they kept emphasizing on Patrick as a good addition and good ear, when we all know Serena is her own coach, She just wanted a new coach cause Mom and Dad don't like to travel anymore. Specially Serena, she knows what she is doing wrong, if she is hitting too early, or the ball toss is this or that. She knows how to abbreviate her serve and groundstrokes by herself.
Baghdatis agrees:
Coach Patrick Mouratoglou helped lead Serena Williams to the 2012 Wimbledon title, the Olympic gold medal and 2012 US Open crown, but that hasn’t impressed one of his former students, Marcos Baghdatis.

The Cypriot says he only spent two months being coached by the Frenchman, but he did spend more time at his academy working with other coaches.

I think Serena won 12 Grand Slams already, 11 without him and just one with him (she actually won 15), Baghdatis said. “I don’t think it changed too much in her game. I think she’s a great player, and he’s lucky to be there.

http://www.10sballs.com/2013/01/04/b...-is-fortunate/
Tech1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 02:08 AM   #23
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute
Serena in the 2007 Miami Final against Henin. GOATRena
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 02:16 AM   #24
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
Serena and Venus didn't need Richard that much once they knew how to win big matches.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 02:16 AM   #25
Lucemferre

Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
Kvitova - Dubai 2013
Justine - San Diego & Toronto 2003
Lucemferre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 02:55 AM   #26
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
Serena and Venus didn't need Richard
Revisionist rubbish.

In fact the opposite is true: Serena relied so much on her dad (and her mom) throughout the years - so much so that she suddenly felt for the first time that she needed to add a fresh "outsider perspective" on things (ergo: Mouratoglou)
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #27
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
That's Willytard revisionism.

In fact the opposite is true: Serena relied too much on her dad (and her mom) throughout the years - so much so that she felt for the first time that she needed to add a fresh "outsider perspective" on things (ergo: Mouratoglou)
Richard and Oracene haven't been officially traveling or coaching Serena for the last couple seasons for sure. She was essentially her own coach and her parents traveled with her to the tournaments they wanted to go to. Oracene is always in Melbourne with her and Richard almost always goes to Wimbledon.

When have you ever seen Venus or Serena specifically rely on their parents to close out a match? I can't think of a time. I do agree she brought on Patrick for a different look or perspective but her parents had long been away from the day to day coaching role.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 03:05 AM   #28
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you mean the coach wasn't at the event or that they didn't have a coach at that time? It's very different because a coach can still give helpful advice (before a match) without being on-site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat View Post
good question. reading the examples he gave, i think the OP meant the first.
Yeah I mean they win titles by not having their coach during the event but I do get the concern of a coach giving advice without being there.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 03:12 AM   #29
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Will2 View Post
Richard and Oracene haven't been officially traveling or coaching Serena for the last couple seasons for sure.
I dunno what you're talking about (not sure what "officially" means - in any case it's not that relevant).

The point remains that Serena at important events is almost always accompanied by either her dad or her mom (not necessarily always both at the same time but either one or the other).

Quote:
When have you ever seen Venus or Serena specifically rely on their parents to close out a match?
True, I don't remember her calling someone down for an on court coaching session - but then again I don't remember Serena participating in WTA tour events either
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #30
country flag Kuzzy24

Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future

Charleston 2012?
Kuzzy24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote