Blast Encyclopedia of Female Tennis Players - Page 62 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #916
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all
Re: Blast Encyclopedia of Female Tennis Players

The two Boulton sisters from Yorkshire, Mabel and Dorothy, enjoyed some success at tournaments in the mid- to late 1880's and early 1890's. Mabel was the better player, winning the singles title at the Scarborough tournament in 1885 and the inaugural women's singles event at the Scottish Championships in 1886.

Dorothy was Mary Dorothy, but was familiarly known by her second name.
--

Boulton, Mabel Eleanor
United Kingdom
Born 1861 in Beverley, Yorkshire, England
Died 27 December 1934 in Northumberland, England

Married Harry Ernest Cradock circa 1 July 1890 in Beverley, Yorkshire, England
--

Boulton, Mary Dorothy
United Kingdom
Born December 1869 in Beverley, Yorkshire, England
Died 8 May 1942 in Essex, England

Married Lieutenant-Colonel Charles Edward Percy Fowler circa December 1894 in Beverley, Yorkshire, England
-----

Last edited by newmark401 : Sep 9th, 2013 at 10:21 PM.
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #917
country flag BCGprod

BCGprod is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo109 View Post
I insert pics of some above Argentine players:

Beatriz Araujo Romani

Attachment 63002 Attachment 63010

Beautiful young pix of old friend of mine, I have photos also I will try to find of her and post. It brings back nice memories of her, Thank you for the photos of a sweet ans talented person. Great tennis player from Argentina.
BCGprod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #918
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Added in full names and dates for Gwendoline Allin (nee Moon) at:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....8&postcount=39
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #919
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Beautiful young pix of old friend of mine, I have photos also I will try to find of her and post. It brings back nice memories of her, Thank you for the photos of a sweet ans talented person. Great tennis player from Argentina.
Welcome to the Blast BCGprod

Anything you or Beatriz would like to share would be great. If she has any stories or memories she wants to share, list of titles., etc-we can add that too.

How did the two of you become friends?
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #920
country flag LKK

LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Added in full names and dates for Gwendoline Allin (nee Moon) at:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....8&postcount=39
I just changed her entries on the list, thanks Rollo
LKK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #921
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

added info on Suzanne Schmitt. She kept her marriage a secret for almost 2 years!

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=1725

Added Mabel Boulton at: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2540

Added Dorothy Boulton at: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2541
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #922
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
Annie Margaret Wix became Mrs Cobb. Annis is not a first name.
Per Alan Little she also went by Annis.
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #923
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Added more on Vera Spofforth Youle at:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2220

For now I think we can pin down which EF Rose was the tennis player. Here is her current bio.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2542

Next up are the Dillon sisters-post # 911.
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 07:25 AM   #924
country flag Jimbo109

Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
ARBUTHNOT, Adolphine Mary "May" (United Kingdom) [12 Jan 1868-18 Dec 1904] [Mrs. Charles Edward Brownrigg, from 22 December 1897] [Active 1890s.]

ARBUTHNOT, Alice Marion (United Kingdom) [8 Nov 1869-???] [Mrs. Edward Herbert Fox, from 18 April 1900] [Active ???]

ARBUTHNOT, Ann (United Kingdom) [Active 1890s.]

ARBUTHNOT, Ivy (United Kingdom) [Active 1890s.]
Alice and Ann are the same woman, as written here by Newmark.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....3&postcount=91

"Alice is sometimes listed as Ann, but Alice appears to be the correct name."
Jimbo109 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #925
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
Alice and Ann are the same woman, as written here by Newmark.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....3&postcount=91

"Alice is sometimes listed as Ann, but Alice appears to be the correct name."
Thanks for catching this one Jimbo. It's fixed!
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #926
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

I added the Dillon sisters. Thanks Mark

Last edited by Rollo : Sep 23rd, 2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 12:19 PM   #927
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

Ada and Florence Caldecott were two of the children of Henry Caldecott and Elizabeth Lawrence. One of their siblings, also called Henry, was also a tennis player. The Caldecott siblings took part in tournaments in the late 1880s/early 1890s.

Caldecott, Ada Lilian
United Kingdom
Born 1872 in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire, England
Died 15 January 1952 in Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, England

Did not marry.
--

Caldecott, Florence Hilda
United Kingdom
Born 1870 in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire, England
Died 10 October 1945 in Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, England

Did not marry. Probate Llandudno to Ada Lilian Caldecot, spinster, and Charles Allen Chase, retired bank official. £17,055, 3s, 6d.
-----
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 12:26 PM   #928
country flag newmark401

Ferrier, Lilla
United Kingdom
Born 2 March 1867 in Castletown, Isle of Man
Died 30 June 1929 at Mulranny, County Mayo, Ireland

Did not marry. This little known player took part in some tournaments circa 1893, the year in which she won the singles title at her native Isle of Man Championships.
-----
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 12:33 PM   #929
country flag newmark401

Although Welsh by birth, the sisters Lydia and Sophia Heitzmann had German parents, their father, Raymond, and mother, Leopoldina, being natives of Baden-Baden. The Heitzmann sisters took part in a small number of tennis tournaments in the early 1890s.

Heitzmann, Lydia Cecilia
United Kingdom
Born 1873 in Cardiff, Wales
Died 27 January 1958 in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England

Married Major George Hubert Cary Wilkins in Cardiff in 1901.
--

Heitzmann, Sophia Marie
United Kingdom
Born 15 August 1871 in Cardiff, Wales
Died 21 September 1932 in Penarth, Glamorganshire, Wales

Married Kenneth Ramsden Marley in 1896 in Cardiff, Wales. This is her husband: http://www.tennisarchives.com/coureu...oureurid=18661
-----

Last edited by newmark401 : Sep 21st, 2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 12:38 PM   #930
country flag newmark401

The A. Kendal featured in some of the draws at tournaments held in the early 1890s is Annie Kendal, sister of the more talented Lucy Kendal.

Kendal, Annie Wilhelmina
Born 1871 in Hexham, Northumberland, England
Died [????]

Married Jasper Gibson in 1895 in Kensington, London, England
-----

Last edited by newmark401 : Sep 25th, 2013 at 11:58 AM.