Blast Encyclopedia of Female Tennis Players - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 11:06 AM   #61
country flag LKK

LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice
Re: Blast Encyclopedia of Female Tennis Players

LKK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 11:06 AM   #62
country flag LKK

LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice

Outro
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 09:34 PM   #63
country flag LKK

The first group of players added. Check it out !
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #64
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The first group of players added. Check it out !
Looks great LKK! I will start adding bios today on some of the players you have posted.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #65
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

I will set a goal of at least 90 bios a month. It will be sparse at first, but in about a year's time it would give us over 1,000 bios.

Added Abbes (please note additional info found (including exact DOB and DOM , A'Beckett, and Adamoff

Also added a bio for Sherry Acker, who needs adding to your list.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....82&postcount=4

Last edited by Rollo : Feb 26th, 2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #66
country flag LKK

Maybe instead of writing full names of the countries we can use the Olympic country codes ? WTA and ITF use them too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IOC_country_codes

Last edited by LKK : Feb 27th, 2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #67
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
Maybe instead of writing full names of countries we can use the Olympic country codes ? WTA and ITF use them too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IOC_country_codes

I agree with David on this one. It's easier just to write out the names of the countries. We've tried country codes, and looking them up takes extra time.

I will test putting pictures in the bios LKK, as both you and jimbo think it is a good idea and will add to them. The question is where? I will try puting them at the bottom and see how it looks.

Please give us feedback all-we really do act on it!
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #68
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

I would have a separate section for each letter, or even keep two sections for each letter. Otherwise the entries might look a bit jammed together. After all, there have been thousands and thousands of tennis players over the decades.
-----
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #69
country flag LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmark401 View Post
I would have a separate section for each letter, or even keep two sections for each letter. Otherwise the entries might look a bit jammed together. After all, there have been thousands and thousands of tennis players over the decades.
-----
Mark, I left some blank posts after the first one, so if the things look horrible I can separate all the letters. We are still testing some formats and following your suggestion I just added two indicators to show where "A" and "B" start.
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #70
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
Mark, I left some blank posts after the first one, so if the things look horrible I can separate all the letters. We are still testing some formats and following your suggestion I just added two indicators to show where "A" and "B" start.
I'm sorry if I somehow erased your indicators LKK. I tried your URL trick and failed miserably. I will just put in the link if it is ok you you, as I fear messing up other things.
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #71
country flag LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
I'm sorry if I somehow erased your indicators LKK. I tried your URL trick and failed miserably. I will just put in the link if it is ok you you, as I fear messing up other things.
Not a problem. But are these indicators OK ? Please, let me know, if they're not good, I'll not upload them again, hehe.
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #72
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
Not a problem. But are these indicators OK ? Please, let me know, if they're not good, I'll not upload them again, hehe.
They are fine. You've have other examples too, so use what you think best.

I added pictures to most of our entires-what does everyone think?
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #73
country flag LKK

I added some new entries.
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 12:52 PM   #74
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
I added some new entries.
Looking good LKK. I will not try to add an entry here any longer as I mucked it up-just biograhpies!

And when I add bio I will post in here to make it easier for you to find.

Quote:
Posted by Newmark I would have a separate section for each letter, or even keep two sections for each letter. Otherwise the entries might look a bit jammed together. After all, there have been thousands and thousands of tennis players over the decades
As you know my thinking matched with Mark on this. If you do ever expand out to multiple posts perhaps you can put hotlinks in the letters to make navigating easier? The way you do this with biographies is ingenious!
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 03:59 PM   #75
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Added the following bios today:

1. Ethel Sargeant Clark (later Mrs Harrison Smith)
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....4&postcount=13

2. Simone Amuary (later Mrs Gorodnitchenko)
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....8&postcount=14

3. Mrs Tiny Alston (maiden name unknown)
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....4&postcount=15

4. Judy Alvarez

I will add more on her tomorrow.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....8&postcount=16

Please let me know if doing it this way is easier or harder for for LKK.

Last edited by Rollo : Mar 1st, 2013 at 04:10 PM.