Blast Encyclopedia of Female Tennis Players - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #256
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all
Re: Blast Encyclopedia of Female Tennis Players

One of Diddie Vlasto's children told me that her mother was always called Diddie by family and friends, including Suzanne Lenglen, and that her mother always spelled her name Diddie.
-----
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #257
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One of Diddie Vlasto's children told me that her mother was always called Diddie by family and friends, including Suzanne Lenglen, and that her mother always spelled her name Diddie.
thanks Mark

I added that important bit of information and a picture at:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2067
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #258
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Found new information on Nancy Dickin (later Macpherson-Grant)

Posted pics of her from the National Portrait Gallery, which also gave her year of birth and a name of second husband.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=537
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #259
country flag Jimbo109

Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice

Diddie Vlasto

In first pic with Lenglen
In 2nd pic she is at right, with Kitty McKane

lenglen e diddie vlasto 1926.jpg mckane godfree kitty e diddie vlasto.jpg vlasto diddie.jpg
Vlasto01[1].jpg
Jimbo109 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #260
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Thanks Jimbo-added
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #261
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Ok-more additions and questions.

More for Maria Paksyne:

Blast bio at: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=25510682&postcount=1447

Could she also have been a Margrit-or is this Barrett's error?

----------------------------------------------
Added an entry for Liesl Herbst.

Note Barrett lists her a Czech at Wimbledon in 1939. Wasn't she Austrian? Did she flee after the Anschluss?

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2251

Added Zena Lusty
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2252

Added Audrey Mothersole

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2253

Barrett's lists Von Ende-Pflugler as a "Mrs" in 1933. is there no "Ende" to this mystery?-LOL At any rate, I recall Mark telling us something about the German word "Freiin". In the pic Jimbo links to in 1931 she is called "Freiin" Von Ende-Pflugler-is this a clue to her marriage status?

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2242

Last edited by Rollo : Mar 28th, 2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #262
country flag LKK

LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post

Barrett's lists Von Ende-Pflugler as a "Mrs" in 1933. is there no "Ende" to this mystery?-LOL At any rate, I recall Mark telling us something about the German word "Freiin". In the pic Jimbo links to in 1931 she is called "Freiin" Von Ende-Pflugler-is this a clue to her marriage status?

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2242
Rollo, this term "Freiin" can give you the info that you're looking for - it means: "unmarried daughter of a baron" ! So she is called "Baroness von Ende-Pflugner" in that picture.

Last edited by LKK : Mar 28th, 2013 at 03:28 PM.
LKK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #263
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Found first name for DH Crichton:

CRICHTON, DOROTHY (Dorothy H Crichton)United Kingdom

1932 and 1933 Wimbledon qualifier. Also entered in 1934. Her singles record was 1-3 in the Championships.

Blast bio at: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=480

-----------------------

Quote:
Rollo, this term "Freiin" can give you the info that you're looking for - it means: "unmarried daughter of a baron" ! So she is called "Baroness von Ende-Pflugner" in that picture.
Fantastic LKK!

Now how should I write her bio-as an unmarried lady frequently confused for being married?
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #264
country flag LKK

LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice

Quote:

Fantastic LKK!

Now how should I write her bio-as an unmarried lady frequently confused for being married?
Yes, you should write that her double-barrelled surname may be quite confusing. Maybe even some of her admirers moved back because they thought that she was already married, hehe.
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #265
country flag LKK

Another group of players linked.
---
Thanks, Jimbo for the pictures of Anne Morgan !
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #266
country flag LKK

Quote:
Added an entry for Liesl Herbst.

Note Barrett lists her a Czech at Wimbledon in 1939. Wasn't she Austrian? Did she flee after the Anschluss?

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2251
Frau Liesl Herbst was Austrian, but I don't know if she was still active after 1937... There was also some Czechoslovakian player Doritt Herbst (she participated in Wimbledon in 1953).
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #267
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

CRICHTON, Dorothy Hannah
United Kingdom
Born circa January 1905 in London, England
Died
-----
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #268
country flag Jimbo109

Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice

Maria Uhlmann Paksyné

uhlmann paksyne maria.jpg uhlmann paksyne e krepuska.jpg uhlmann paksyne e roland jacobi.jpg
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #269
country flag Jimbo109

Lisl Herbst

herbst lisl..jpg herbst lisl.jpg
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #270
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Added natonality for Liezl Herbst-thanks LKK (and will check on years active)
Info on Dorothy Crichton added-thanks Mark
Thanks for the pictures Jimbo.

Our list of players grows daily