Indian Wells-Miami - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #91
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian Wells-Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by currie84 View Post
it's not like last time she slumped she came back as a contender or anythin.Yeah she was winning the prestigious Bali tournament or Linz but was a non factor in slams.At least she could win a tournament even a micky mouse one,i'll give you that.Point is her ceiling is where she's now.top 20.Past Ana is gone and never coming back.
When I said something similar a few years back I got into a big trouble
I think that Ana's future is in top 20 which is not bad at all, actually. She will still be a factor in majors and may win some titles now and then. But I doubt that she'll be able to achieve the level of consistency necessary to be a top 10 player. She'd need an absolute focus on tennis which I don't think she has anymore. She wants to have her life off the court as well and enjoy herself. In order to get back to top 10 she'd need a work ethic a la Justine Henin. Anyways, I'd be only happy if she proved my doubts wrong.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #92
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
When I said something similar a few years back I got into a big trouble
It was the summer of 2011, she was 2 years younger, the state of WTA was completely different back then. Every tournament was unpredictable. Azarenka was nowhere close to current form, Serena was still out of shape, Sharapova was inconsistent, Radwanska was starting to have some good results, but nothing to write home about, Kerber was barely a top 100 player. Clijsters was injured and unmotivated, Vera was injured, Wozniacki's slump has started. So, when she hired a coach, fitness coach, things looked better for her. And she indeed made some decent runs in Carlsbad, USO, Beijing and won Bali. But only six months after that things have changed drastically on the tour. While her game really got better, the field got much tougher, so even when she played well, she couldn't make really big runs. It was evident that she needed to improve her game. Instead of that, her game has regressed yet again. That was unexpected. She finally finds some form and then she makes a step back. Now she's back where she was in 2011 when you made that prediction. Unlike then, when she was 23, now it's safe to say that her chances of making another slam SF or reaching top 10 are very poor.

For example, it's too early to say that Woz will never be a top 5 player again. But if things stay this way in 3 years, it's safe to say that she's stuck where she is and that she got used to that.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #93
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation

Change the coach, find the coach she hired in Autumn of 2010, this is the last time her game seems good

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

~~Nicole~~Nastya~~Lena D~~
jasonbloom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #94
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

Ana is stuck but the others are improving
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #95
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and the rollercoaster continues for the poor thang.

Oh well back to square one for the misses.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #96
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

I've already expressed my feelings about last night's match on Twitter, so I won't really comment on it here. It was just really disappointing. It wasn't the loss. I was kinda expecting her to lose. It was the way she lost. How do you go from winning one set, playing relatively well, only to get bageled in the following set? Aside from that second set, Ana only won ONE game in the first and third sets combined. That is not a sign of being a top 10 player. Not even close to it. Maybe this will be a wake up call that makes her reassess where she really is right now. But who am I kidding? We have been saying that for years now. Not much has changed. It is just frustrating.

I saw a reporter on Twittter (@TATtweets) say that Ana cried on the golf cart after her loss last night with a towel over her head. She didn't do press.

So where do we go from here? Of course, Miami is next, but what about after that? Is she really going to go a whole month without playing tennis in April? She has to add Stuttgart and at least one other small clay event. Given Ana's past, I doubt she will do this, but if her goal is to get back to the top 10 again, does she really have a choice? I guess I will never understand why she schedules like a top 5 player when she won't even be a top 15 player come next week. Sigh.
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #97
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

Stosur beat Mona in 3 FML
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #98
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2nd Law View Post
And Aga lost in 3 to Kirilenko

Sucide: 50 W: Baku '13
FITD Singles: 44 W: 's-Hertogenbosch '14, Quebec '14
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #99
country flag roddickme20

roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice

ana is hopeless right now, her mental problem has not been solved during her flop period.

to be honest, i don't see any big improvement in her game during coaching with nigel.

i think she needs to be ranked outside of top 50, so she will realize her real position right now.

i have been rooting for here since her lost in seoul, but seeing her matches are like roller coaster for me.
roddickme20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #100
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtos07 View Post
I saw a reporter on Twittter (@TATtweets) say that Ana cried on the golf cart after her loss last night with a towel over her head. She didn't do press.
I just cannot understand why she cries after loses. It's not like she tries her best only to see it's all in vain.
She simply doesn't give a crap about tennis anymore and her results are reflecting that. I've said it before, it's not long until she hangs her racquet for good.
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #101
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2nd Law View Post
Not surprising at all.. when Ana actually tried a tiny bit she won a set. Unfortunately she barely tried the rest of the match..

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #102
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fANAtic View Post
I just cannot understand why she cries after loses. It's not like she tries her best only to see it's all in vain.
She simply doesn't give a crap about tennis anymore and her results are reflecting that. I've said it before, it's not long until she hangs her racquet for good.
Yes.. in this match she was barely trying.. maybe she cries because she doesn't want any of it anymore? She was crying in that coaching time out as well.. totally choked up, didn't even reply when Nigel asked her questions.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #103
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Yes.. in this match she was barely trying.. maybe she cries because she doesn't want any of it anymore? She was crying in that coaching time out as well.. totally choked up, didn't even reply when Nigel asked her questions.
Does anybody have a video with that time-out?
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #104
country flag Vasa

Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderFan View Post
Does anybody have a video with that time-out?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxPkJnnJyfY right after 1st set, both coaches were on the court
Vasa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #105
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fANAtic View Post
I disagree, she cares. If she didn't give a crap she wouldn't cry. I think she was so frustrated because it seems that she got one of her infamous brainfreeze moments in this match. Nothing, just nothing worked .
I mean, every player has this matches sometimes but what worries her is that it will turn into the vicious circle like in the past. It looks like she's struggling again, who knows why.

As far as her rankings, for me she's a top 20 calibre of a player. No better, no worse. The thing is, even for a top 20 she CAN do better. Top 20 players win tournaments and challenge the elite. But Ana cannot do this very well, she is yet to get a win from a top 10 contender and the title wins... I mean, she failed to win Hopman Cup,enough said.

Hopefully she'll manage to forget this by the time Miami comes. I'd like to see something better than another flop.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote