Indian Wells-Miami - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 15th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #136
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian Wells-Miami

Did I just read that Ana does everything equal to Maria?
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 15th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #137
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Good for Leon,he's just being supportive. Some of people in this section don't sound like fans anymore. I mean, yes, Ana is no longer a golden girl of womens tennis she is who she is but when you are a fan you should have some belief and positive things to say. Otherwise, why waste time and just moan 24/7? Where's the appeal in that
We are here to discuss her game, share our worries, hopes, positive and negative thoughts. Those who can't accept negative opinions, there's Ana's official forum on her own site. Last time I checked there was no negativity at all in that place, so that's a better place for sensitive fans. I disagree with Izzy very often, I had hundreds of discussions with her, but she's been on this board for years, just like many other posters. So it's disrespectful to come here and act bossy towards old regular members and question their devotion. You can argue, fight with people, but questioning someone's devotion is ridiculous. We don't have bandwaggoners in our fanbase, we have some freaks perhaps, but all remaining fans are loyal. We don't have jimmies here.

I said many times I'll be on my best behavior, but I can't stay nice for too long I guess. I must say it's outrageous how some newbies or not so regular posters act so bossy here. I just saw that Leon mentioned yet again how fans in this subforum should behave. Jesus Christ, we are almost all adults here, I came here to have a discussion not to get an advice. I've been her supporter for almost ten years, it was life time ago, I was still in high school when I started following her career. I'm sure that there are many fans who started following her long time ago too. And now someone like Leon comes to say: "You are a bad, bad fan. Don't worry about her game. Ana has her team, you should not analyze her game, you have to praise her, worship her and support her. P.S. I'm tall, dark-haired and handsome!"

Jesus Christ! I'm happy I'm not a true fan. Those true fans are a strange bunch.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #138
Evan James

Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute

@Cajka

I can't believe you actually took it that serious. Obviously we are all here to support Ana, but please don't you ever ever take something that I wrote so serious. Really, like at my home I argue with everyone if they come into my room during match and say: "Ana plays badly, she will lose..." I just don't want to listen that so I ask them to leave the room and I watch the rest of the the match with me, myself and I. Probably I am not always right... If I wanted to argue with anyone I wouldn't be here, at forum, almost every day for at least one hour.

Did I really said that I am tall, dark and handsome? I was probably crazy at that moment, or I was joking or something else... (But I really look that like)

Please, I am just here to have fun and to wrote, listen and share positivity all around and obviously to share my love for Ana. My intention is not to argue with anyone. If I ever offended someone, I apologize.

Official statement of Leon Daniel
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #11
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Evan James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #139
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't we move to the general discussion thread? http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=408795
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #140
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
We are here to discuss her game, share our worries, hopes, positive and negative thoughts. Those who can't accept negative opinions, there's Ana's official forum on her own site. Last time I checked there was no negativity at all in that place, so that's a better place for sensitive fans. I disagree with Izzy very often, I had hundreds of discussions with her, but she's been on this board for years, just like many other posters. So it's disrespectful to come here and act bossy towards old regular members and question their devotion. You can argue, fight with people, but questioning someone's devotion is ridiculous. We don't have bandwaggoners in our fanbase, we have some freaks perhaps, but all remaining fans are loyal. We don't have jimmies here.

I said many times I'll be on my best behavior, but I can't stay nice for too long I guess. I must say it's outrageous how some newbies or not so regular posters act so bossy here. I just saw that Leon mentioned yet again how fans in this subforum should behave. Jesus Christ, we are almost all adults here, I came here to have a discussion not to get an advice. I've been her supporter for almost ten years, it was life time ago, I was still in high school when I started following her career. I'm sure that there are many fans who started following her long time ago too. And now someone like Leon comes to say: "You are a bad, bad fan. Don't worry about her game. Ana has her team, you should not analyze her game, you have to praise her, worship her and support her. P.S. I'm tall, dark-haired and handsome!"

Jesus Christ! I'm happy I'm not a true fan. Those true fans are a strange bunch.
Beauty of a post Cajka.

If we can't discuss and be honest with our thoughts here, then where? I just don't get this "fans have to be this or that" theory.. this is a discussion board.. fans should be honest and discuss tennis in a civilized manner, that's ALL.

And that poster "marineblue" is this Caro fan who only seem to come here to either say Ana is only a top 20 caliber player or to say what we, longtime fans, should or not do. And it has been like that from day one it came here.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #141
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Daniel View Post
@Cajka

I can't believe you actually took it that serious. Obviously we are all here to support Ana, but please don't you ever ever take something that I wrote so serious. Really, like at my home I argue with everyone if they come into my room during match and say: "Ana plays badly, she will lose..." I just don't want to listen that so I ask them to leave the room and I watch the rest of the the match with me, myself and I. Probably I am not always right... If I wanted to argue with anyone I wouldn't be here, at forum, almost every day for at least one hour.

Did I really said that I am tall, dark and handsome? I was probably crazy at that moment, or I was joking or something else... (But I really look that like)

Please, I am just here to have fun and to wrote, listen and share positivity all around and obviously to share my love for Ana. My intention is not to argue with anyone. If I ever offended someone, I apologize.

Official statement of Leon Daniel
OK. I'm sorry, but I'm always honest. And it's fine to discuss. For example, if you think that certain posts are negative or wrong, you can always discuss them. That's why we have this board.

About tall and handsome, I think I saw it in GM, the thread about Sharapova. Btw, there was a Mister TF contest few weeks ago. Perhaps some new members don't know about it. Make sure to get nominated in time for the next contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Beauty of a post Cajka.

If we can't discuss and be honest with our thoughts here, then where? I just don't get this "fans have to be this or that" theory.. this is a discussion board.. fans should be honest and discuss tennis in a civilized manner, that's ALL.

And that poster "marineblue" is this Caro fan who only seem to come here to either say Ana is only a top 20 caliber player or to say what we, longtime fans, should or not do. And it has been like that from day one it came here.
The fact that he thinks that she's a top 20 caliber is why he has a problem with our negativity. He doesn't understand why we moan and complain, why we're disappointed. A top 20 caliber player is ranked at #17. No need to be disappointed, he thinks we should be perfectly satisfied. Maybe that's the right way to think, you avoid getting disappointed that way. But when you know that she's capable of much more, that she has regressed so much, it's hard not to be disappointed. Even Venus fans suffer when they see their fave as a shadow of herself. And Venus had a serious disease, she's 33, her career has been amazing. In theory, it's great to still have her there, but deep inside her fans suffer when they see that she can't play so well anymore.

Now people can only imagine how it feels to be Ana's fan. This has started when she was not even 21, no injury, no disease. She just disappeared. Only one slam, no tier 1 titles after that, no big runs... In the beginning I thought that she was gonna come back for sure, I believed in that until recently. Now when it's time to face the truth, it's so hard, I feel really bitter.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #142
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
OK.
Now people can only imagine how it feels to be Ana's fan. This has started when she was not even 21, no injury, no disease. She just disappeared. Only one slam, no tier 1 titles after that, no big runs... In the beginning I thought that she was gonna come back for sure, I believed in that until recently. Now when it's time to face the truth, it's so hard, I feel really bitter.

Ana is younger than Maria Kirilenko and her record in the last 4-5 years isn't any worse than Maria. All it takes is one good tournament (SF, F or Win) at either Miami, Rome, Madrid or RG and Ana will back in the thick of things.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #143
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Ana is younger than Maria Kirilenko and her record in the last 4-5 years isn't any worse than Maria. All it takes is one good tournament (SF, F or Win) at either Miami, Rome, Madrid or RG and Ana will back in the thick of things.
She made the semis in IW last year and it didn't do much. Same with her US Open quarterfinal last year and Rome semis in 2010.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #144
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtos07 View Post
She made the semis in IW last year and it didn't do much. Same with her US Open quarterfinal last year and Rome semis in 2010.
The difference is that Ana can play much better now than before, the 2nd set of Barthel's match is a good example.

Ana will kick off a sustained run once results start to show.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #145
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
The difference is that Ana can play much better now than before, the 2nd set of Barthel's match is a good example.

Ana will kick off a sustained run once results start to show.
I totally disagree. Her first and third setts against Barthel would say otherwise.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #146
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The fact that he thinks that she's a top 20 caliber is why he has a problem with our negativity. He doesn't understand why we moan and complain, why we're disappointed. A top 20 caliber player is ranked at #17. No need to be disappointed, he thinks we should be perfectly satisfied. Maybe that's the right way to think, you avoid getting disappointed that way. But when you know that she's capable of much more, that she has regressed so much, it's hard not to be disappointed.
to be fair i think it's ok to demand of all of us to accept where ana is. i still think she should be capable of more but having a top 5 schedule while fighting to be in the top 15 means she doesn't deserve it. she is not a top 5 player, so how about trying to do what every other player ranked around your place does. and she doesn't. it feels bad to care and talk about her career almost as long as she does while she has so much money and probably has better sex than we all do

i'm fine with what marineblue says now his arrival was a bit silly but there is enough respect to senior members now.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #147
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Very well put . Reading your posts is always a treat.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #148
Evan James

Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
About tall and handsome, I think I saw it in GM, the thread about Sharapova. Btw, there was a Mister TF contest few weeks ago. Perhaps some new members don't know about it. Make sure to get nominated in time for the next contest.
It would be a complete waste of time for all the other participants if I enter Mister TF contest. Honestly.

Guys just relax, let's love Ana all day long. She will be fine. I am sure very very very soon she will do some great job on tour and we will discuss how she amazed us again.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #11
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Evan James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #149
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Beauty of a post Cajka.

Well, as well as you I also come here to 'be honest' but it seems that you are not that willing to deal with other people's honest opinions.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #150
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
to be fair i think it's ok to demand of all of us to accept where ana is. i still think she should be capable of more but having a top 5 schedule while fighting to be in the top 15 means she doesn't deserve it. she is not a top 5 player, so how about trying to do what every other player ranked around your place does. and she doesn't. it feels bad to care and talk about her career almost as long as she does while she has so much money and probably has better sex than we all do

i'm fine with what marineblue says now his arrival was a bit silly but there is enough respect to senior members now.
Thanks

And as the statement in bold, this is exactly where I'm coming from. I admire Ana's top game, it's a delight to watch but at the same time the fact is that she's not been on that level for quite a long time. For more than a year she's been a top 20 player but even for that ranking range she could do better than she does now.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote