USA is the country of? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: USA is the country of?

Red Indians 11 13.92%
Euro Americans 14 17.72%
Afro Americans 3 3.80%
Jews, Muslims 4 5.06%
Diverse country with no unique identity unlike European, African and Eastern Nations 40 50.63%
Other 7 8.86%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #16
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute
Re: USA is the country of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
"Diverse country with no unique identity unlike European, African and Eastern Nations"

Are you saying that there aren't any European nations that are diverse?
no......i meant in general most nations have their own identity......even though there are nations with diversity, they are still identified with their root identity (or race if you want to call it like that)......

muslim population in india and russia are quite significant......but still both the countries are identified by their biggest religion respectively and unique identity......

similarly it would be interesting to know what people believe is the root identity of USA......

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #17

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi View Post
Red Indian - a member of the race of people living in America when Europeans arrived.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Red+Indian

Our NCERT syllabus is not that bad.
yes i remember studying it as well......the last time i checked, red indians were present in america even before columbus started his journey towards america......

and what's racist about it? it's a non-offensive term coined by historians to represent a sect of native american people......we are just using it for everyone's clarity......

enlighten yourself...
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #18
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

How about 'people'?
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #19

actually, using the term "native american" would be offensive to other ethnicities......they have every right to believe they are native to their land as well......

enlighten yourself...
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #20
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
actually, using the term "native american" would be offensive to other ethnicities......they have every right to believe they are native to their land as well......
No not when they didn't originate there, if you're Irish American or Italian American you are not ethnically native to the USA. If you're anything other than Native American you aren't indigenous to the USA even if your forefathers got off the Mayflower.
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
How about 'people'?
i don't think so......if we use something like "these" before people, then probably that's offensive......

enlighten yourself...
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
No not when they didn't originate there, if you're Irish American or Italian American you are not ethnically native to the USA. If you're anything other than Native American you aren't indigenous to the USA even if your forefathers got off the Mayflower.
oh i see......then the official belief must be that the country originally belonged to the "native americans"?

enlighten yourself...
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
I'm assuming "red indians" means the aboriginal peoples here before the Europeans. The land may have the aboriginal peoples but the country of USA built upon it had no involvement from them. And nowadays they seem almost non-existent in the USA - a footnote.

I believe much of formation of the country of the USA was based on the Scottish Enlightenment.

Jews have since had an impact.

Whose country it is now? Those individuals known as corporations. Even if they did have a slight setback in the most recent election.

nice and informative post.....

enlighten yourself...
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #24
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid, horrible poll from a stupid, horrible poster. SHOCKING!
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #25
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #26
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
oh i see......then the official belief must be that the country originally belonged to the "native americans"?
yes.

this topic is one of the most striking differences between the US and canada. americans speaking of history almost always talk about the founding fathers, pioneers, civil war, prohibitionists, etc. canadians talk about native americans. native groups also routinely demand things from the canadian government. if you followed the vancouver olympics, you might've noticed how much we sucked up to them.
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #27
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

America is the land of the free and the home of the brave, that is all you need to know.

Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #28
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Currently going to be doing a dissertation on Indigenous Political participation in Andean states any tips from anyone???

Lol thought I'd throw it out there considering this topic.
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #29
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Other-awesome fast food

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #30
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the Hispanic option? They are taking this country over!

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote