Is Errani The Worst Top Ten Player Ever? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Discuss

Yes 84 46.41%
No 97 53.59%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #31
country flag Sampressed

Sampressed is just really nice Sampressed is just really nice Sampressed is just really nice Sampressed is just really nice Sampressed is just really nice Sampressed is just really nice Sampressed is just really nice Sampressed is just really nice Sampressed is just really nice Sampressed is just really nice Sampressed is just really nice
Re: Is Errani The Worst Top Ten Player Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Woz-A-Rod View Post
You don't get to a Grand Slam final if your crap.

Errani is only 5ft5 as everyone knows, she isn't going to serve powerful, she isn't going to hit 20-30 winners. It's all about the spin and mixed play where she's concerned, all these spins she puts on the ball, might be so difficult for some players to read, she makes players play that extra shot which can prove difficult for opponents as well, while when she hits successful drop shots, in my opinion they are a joy to watch.

Let's see what the Clay Court season brings, she might have another good Clay Court season, and get to another Roland Garros final
What about Henin, she could serve in the 110s and hit winners all day.
Sampressed is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #32
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermod View Post
Stupid question.

Her style of game is just unattractive to most people on TF but she is very good at what she does.

She is playing more intelligent than 90% of the girls on tour, exploits their stupidity and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
If you can win a set with 0 winners then why not? Better than losing a set with 20 winners I'd say. Much better in fact. It really does seem some of the posters here simply don't understand that tennis is more than a race to see who can hit the most winners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jool* View Post
It's even more embarassing for that overhyped girl that didn't manage to beat her despite she didn't hit winners

you go rock them all Sarita
Thankfully there're still people who can understand that tennis is a lot more than hitting hard with the hope the ball will stay on court and hopefully won't come back...

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #33
country flag C-Woz-A-Rod

C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampressed View Post
But Errani is no Henin as we all know.

Different era now, different players.
C-Woz-A-Rod is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #34
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Woz-A-Rod View Post
You don't get to a Grand Slam final if your crap.

Errani is only 5ft5 as everyone knows, she isn't going to serve powerful, she isn't going to hit 20-30 winners. It's all about the spin and mixed play where she's concerned, all these spins she puts on the ball, might be so difficult for some players to read, she makes players play that extra shot which can prove difficult for opponents as well, while when she hits successful drop shots, in my opinion they are a joy to watch.

Let's see what the Clay Court season brings, she might have another good Clay Court season, and get to another Roland Garros final
Being short isn't an excuse, Vinci can hit a good ball, so can Cibulkova and she is more muscular than them. And their heights are Cibulkova is 5'3, Vinci is 5'4, Schiavone is 5'5 1/2 and Errani is 5'4 1/2. So the short excuse doesn't pass.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #35
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampressed View Post
Pome too, and she's shorter than both of them (not comparing her to Henin though, make no mistake ).

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #36
country flag CR3WLFC

CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of

How can Sara hit winners if Goerges misses after 2 shots
CR3WLFC is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #37
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
If you can win a set with 0 winners then why not? Better than losing a set with 20 winners I'd say. Much better in fact. It really does seem some of the posters here simply don't understand that tennis is more than a race to see who can hit the most winners.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #38
country flag Globetrotter

Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all Globetrotter is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
Being short isn't an excuse, Vinci can hit a good ball, so can Cibulkova and she is more muscular than them. And their heights are Cibulkova is 5'3, Vinci is 5'4, Schiavone is 5'5 1/2 and Errani is 5'4 1/2. So the short excuse doesn't pass.
Did Cibulkova or Vinci reach No.6 in the world? No. So Errani and Schiavone are clearly the best of their category: one with a decent/good serve, the other with a very bad one. XWhich means she must be even better in every other department!
In general, i do not like these threads against one player: like we, people in the front of the TV, could do much better.... Errani is CLEARLY extremely talented and, of course, she has a very bad serve. So what?
Globetrotter is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #39
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who said anything about Errani needing an excuse? She is number 7 in the world. She is ranked higher than any of those players you refer too.

Seriously, sure, she could hit her serve harder. Maybe one day she will. But as you obviously don't like her you better hope very hard against it because when one thinks of how successful Errani has been with what is undeniably a weak serve one can only speculate how much even more successful she might be were she to have a good serve as well.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #40
country flag doujyr

doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of

she's simply a product of the slow courts taking over tennis. it makes attacking players have to go for more to try and hit a winner, hence more errors, much like players having to go for more on second serves, hence more dfs. the risk/reward equation is all in the pushers favour now, they can just sit on the baseline and scuttle from side to side knowing the attacking player has to hit a supershot over and over and over to get by them. if courts were made faster this would restore the balance, the attacking player wouldn't have to paint the line with every shot.
doujyr is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #41
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
It makes me happy to know I've pissed you off.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #42
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalJackson View Post
Yes.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #43
country flag Mynarco
EIFORYA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Occasionally when she bothers to move to the net she can be a good player to watch. Shame she doesn't do this every time (maybe only when her confidence is sky-high)

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #44
country flag C-Woz-A-Rod

C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm not using it as an excuse, it's Errani's style, I know her fellow Italians and Domi are small.

Schiavone is a Grand Slam winner, Errani Grand Slam finalist, Domi has been to the French Open semi finals before.

Short players are not crap, but with Errani being short does come into play, because she isn't going to serve aces, 20-30 winners. But she will get a high percentage of first serves in, mix her play up, make her opponents play that extra shot, and use a variety of spins and drop shots which can be very effective.
C-Woz-A-Rod is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #45
country flag Six Feet Under
Singleniacki

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

She has strong results so thats hard to say.

She is definately the worst peak top 10 player, all other top 10 players at their peak > peak errani.