Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament - Page 63 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:05 AM   #931
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament

Stanford wins!

Glad my favorite Card Kristie Ahn could clinch the match. Very special for her after missing the NCAA tournament her freshman year and then not really being fully healthy during the tournament last year.
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:11 AM   #932
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Great win for the Card! Nice to see all players contribute: Tsay on Friday night for the clincher, Hardebeck last night and Ahn tonight. Dillon did her part tonight in dubs.

And what can you say about Gibbs? Impressive!

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:13 AM   #933
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Stanford, really a testament to there depth when they win without Burdette
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:34 AM   #934
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:35 AM   #935
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:36 AM   #936
country flag 2nd_serve

Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:07 AM   #937
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Stanford, beating the #1, #2, #4, and #5 teams in the country in 5 days is the toughest possible road to the title, and they did it. No one can say that they didn't earn it with some seriously impressive performances. Glad that Nicole and Kristie especially get a team championship; they've done a lot for the Stanford program, which continues to prove why it is the hallmark for women's college tennis. Til next season! This was a great one, full of drama, intense duals, and unexpected surges, just what college tennis should be like!
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:09 AM   #938
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, Nicole has now won the trifecta of NCAA Championships, singles, doubles, and team. How many other players have done that?
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:33 AM   #939
country flag 2nd_serve

All-Tournament Team
No. 1 Singles: Nicole Gibbs, Stanford
No. 2 Singles: Kristie Ahn, Stanford
No. 3 Singles: Nazari Urbina, Texas A&M
No. 4 Singles: Stacey Tan, Stanford
No. 5 Singles: Olivia Janowicz, Florida
No. 6 Singles: Caroline Hitimana, Florida
No. 1 Doubles: Cristina Stancu/Stefania Hristov, Texas A&M
No. 2 Doubles: Stacey Tan/Ellen Tsay, Stanford
No. 3 Doubles: Krista Hardebeck/Natalie Dillon, Stanford
Most Outstanding Player
Nicole Gibbs, Stanford
Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:05 AM   #940
country flag 2nd_serve

Final point, and some celebration on youtube
Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:28 AM   #941
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of

Sanchez choked big time.. anyway, impressive feat by Gibbs to have won the tri-fecta championships during her time at the farm, however I don't think her game will translate well to pro.
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:39 AM   #942
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:47 AM   #943
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

With Gibbs down 0-6, 0-2
decided to take a loooong nap and dream of a comeback, wondering who would get the 3 wins

Up 1-0, Stanford needed 3 wins and I was thinking Ahn, Tan, and Hardebeck were the 3 best chances, but I wasn't completely sold on Hardebeck clinching 3 nights in a row AND I was thinking that no way Gibbsy is going to go out the same way that Embree did...there's no way that could happen...she's got to come back
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:52 AM   #944
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Congrats to Stanford, beating the #1, #2, #4, and #5 teams in the country in 5 days is the toughest possible road to the title, and they did it. No one can say that they didn't earn it with some seriously impressive performances. Glad that Nicole and Kristie especially get a team championship; they've done a lot for the Stanford program, which continues to prove why it is the hallmark for women's college tennis. Til next season! This was a great one, full of drama, intense duals, and unexpected surges, just what college tennis should be like!
When Slickshoes and I were debating earlier which team (Cards or Bruins) have the toughest road to the championship, I am not gonna lie, I was thinking if the Cards pull it off, it would be the MOST impressive comeback or championship victory that I would have ever witnessed...not entirely witnessed (couldn't stand to watch and did not want to jinx) but more like dreamt and discovered to be true
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:27 AM   #945
country flag tie_breaker

A sign of a true championship team is when you can't really determine which players is going to be the hero with many to choose from:

Stacey Tan- has been solid and consistent, not the one to clinch it, but when she's on, she's usually one of the first off the court

Ellen Tsay- big clincher against USC, which was the game changer that made it possible that the Cards can win this and inspired others like Hardebeck then Ahn

Krista Hardebeck- she kept the dream alive by following in Tsay's footsteps by clinching twice in a row and passing the baton to Ahn

Kristie Ahn- can't say enough about what could have been if she was healthy these past 2-3 years. Like Tan, she's been solid this year and nothing can be more fitting, someone quoted "poetic justice" for her clinching the deciding match

Natalie Dillon- she fought like a true champion, not evident by her win-loss record, but her desire to inspire others with her passion to be on the same playing field as her teammates with her story of becoming a walk-on starter How about her doubles victory with Hardebeck. First against USC and one of the deciding factors in the finals

Nicole Gibbs- down 0-6 and 0-2...winning 12 straight games...she knew as a leader, she had to get a win for the others to believe. If she would have loss, there is no championship, there is no Kristie Ahn deciding match. I don't know where she got the energy, not just energy but emotions, especially after already defeating the #1 and #2 singles player, which would have tapped out most others in that situation She fought back like a true champion