Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament - Page 34 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 18th, 2013, 01:46 AM   #496
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Are you joking? I thought she didn't qualify.

I was trying to sound like Fantic...as oppose to picking a USC favorite

Although many picked USC...it was too premature talking about a UF match with Stanford's track record in NCAA's...

Honestly, I would like to see Sabs or Gibbs vs. Embree (I am partial to Sabs because Gibbs won it last year)
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #497
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Where's fantic...ok, i'll do it, twist my arm

Tsay Of Relief: No. 12 Stanford Outlasts No. 5 USC, 4-3
Stanford next faces No. 4 Georgia on Sunday in the quarterfinals

Ellen Tsay's three-setter helped No. 12 Stanford knock off No. 5 USC 4-3 on Friday evening in exactly five hours at the NCAA Championships.

URBANA, Ill.- And this was just the round of 16.

In a match that felt more like the national title was on the line, No. 12 Stanford knocked off No. 5 USC 4-3 on Friday evening in exactly five hours at the NCAA Championships.

When it was all said and done, Ellen Tsay clinched her team-leading seventh match of the year with a 5-7, 7-5, 6-3 victory over Gabriella DeSimone 5-7, 7-5, 6-3 on court five.

Conference matchups often become unavoidable once the round of 16 begins, and Stanford (19-4, 8-2 Pac-12) entered the match facing a clear obstacle. Pac-12 champion USC (23-3, 9-0 Pac-12) notched a 6-1 victory back on March 30 and eliminated the Cardinal from last year's postseason in the quarterfinals.

Taking the court nearly two hours after its original start of 12 p.m. local time, Stanford was up to the task. The Cardinal became the first team this season to snag the doubles point from USC, taking a 1-0 lead in dramatic fashion.

After Natalie Dillon and Krista Hardebeck coasted to an 8-1 rout on court three, USC evened things up with an 8-6 victory at the No. 2 spot.

The deciding doubles match was a rollercoaster on court one between the No. 8-ranked duo of Kristie Ahn and Nicole Gibbs against USC's No. 2-ranked pair of Kaitlyn Christian and Sabrina Santamaria. Ahn and Gibbs trailed 4-1, stormed back to lead 7-4, only to then fall behind 8-7. However, Ahn and Gibbs bounced back for what would be a tone-setting 9-8 (2) victory.

Stacey Tan followed with a 6-2, 6-2 victory over Giuliana Olmos at the No. 4 spot, putting Stanford in front 2-0.

USC registered its first point at the No. 6 position, when Kaitlyn Christian put away Natalie Dillon 6-3, 6-1, trimming the deficit to 2-1.

Stanford then received a boost at the top of the lineup when Gibbs suddenly reversed her match against USC's Santamaria, ranked No. 2 in the country. Santamaria led 5-1 and 6-5 in the first set before Gibbs came all the way back for a 7-6 (3) win and ultimately rode that momentum to a 6-2 win in the second frame.

Trailing 3-1, USC answered the call. The Trojans received a 6-3, 7-6 (5) triumph from Zoe Scandalis on court three and a 6-4, 2-6, 7-5 nail-biter from Danielle Lao at the No. 2 spot.

That left the match riding on court five, where DeSimone and Tsay had already traded 7-5 victories. Tied at 3-3 in the final set, Tsay ripped off three straight games for the win.

Stanford next faces No. 4 Georgia on Sunday at 10 a.m. PT in the quarterfinals.

No. 12 Stanford 4, No. 5 USC 3

- - - - - - - - - - - -

DOUBLES
1) No. 8 Ahn/Gibbs (STAN) d. No. 2 Christian/Santamaria (USC) 9-8 (2)
2) Olmos/Scandalis (USC) d. No. 28 Tan/Tsay (USC) 8-6
3) Dillon/Hardebeck (STAN) d. DeSimone/Lao (USC) 8-1
Order of Finish: 3, 2, 1

SINGLES
1) No. 13 Nicole Gibbs (STAN) d. No. 2 Sabrina Santamaria (USC) 7-6 (3), 6-2
2) No. 9 Danielle Lao (USC) d. No. 25 Kristie Ahn (STAN) 6-4, 2-6, 7-5
3) No. 27 Zoe Scandalis (USC) d. No. 14 Krista Hardebeck (STAN) 6-3, 7-6 (5)
4) No. 103 Stacey Tan (STAN) d. Giuliana Olmos (USC) 6-2, 6-2
5) No. 92 Ellen Tsay (STAN) d. Gabriella DeSimone (USC) 5-7, 7-5, 6-3
6) Kaitlyn Christian (USC) d. Natalie Dillon (STAN) 6-3, 6-1
Order of Finish: 4, 6, 1, 3, 2, 5

- - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES: Stanford and Georgia will be meeting for the first time since a 4-0 Cardinal victory in the quarterfinals of the 2011 NCAA Tournament ... The Cardinal won the doubles point for the 21st time in 23 matches ... Ellen Tsay improved to 3-4 on the year and 4-7 in her career in three-set matches. Tsay lost to DeSimone 6-1, 7-6 (3) earlier this year ... Nicole Gibbs is once again locked in for the postseason and that's bad news for her opponents. Gibbs owns a 22-1 career record in the month of May ... Stacey Tan defeated Giuliana Olmos for the second time this year. Tan accounted for Stanford's only point in the 6-1 loss at USC when she defeated Olmos 6-2, 7-6 (5) at the No. 4 spot ... The University of Illinois is hosting the NCAA Championships for the first time.
Old May 18th, 2013, 01:57 AM   #498
country flag tie_breaker

I have to be fair and partial...

USC Women Suffer Round of 16 Stunner, Falling To Stanford 4-3
No. 5 seeded Women of Troy stumble in the NCAA Round of 16.

Senior Danielle Lao was a warrior for the Women of Troy, netting her 20th dual-match singles win of the year.
May 17, 2013

URBANA, ILL. -- The No. 5 seeded USC women's tennis team saw its NCAA run come to a heart-wrenching end when an all-out battle with No. 12 seed Stanford went the way of the Cardinal with a 4-3 decision in today's NCAA Round of 16 in Urbana, Ill. The Cardinal issued some payback for the Trojans' upset win over Stanford in last year's NCAA Quarterfinals, as the two Pac-12 powers had to square off a whole round earlier in this year's draw. In order to pull this one out, Stanford had to work out a way to snap a 15-match win streak held by the Trojans. Eking out the doubles point was the first step, and Stanford was finally able to pull off the clincher with a three-setter on court five to wrap up the intense match as a 4-3 Cardinal victory. USC finishes the season with a 23-3 overall record.

Doubles play featured some dramatic momentum shifts. Stanford drew first blood on an 8-1 win by Dillon/Hardebeck over USC's DeSimone/Lao on court three, but USC fired back with Giuliana Olmos and ZoŽ Scandalis' 8-6 win over #28 Tan/Tsay at the the No. 2 spot. That put all the marbles on court one, where USC's undefeated pairing of #2 Kaitlyn Christian and Sabrina Santamaria were engaged in an unpredictable battle with Stanford's #8 Ahn/Gibbs. Christian/Santamaria were on point out of the gates, going up 4-1 on the Cardinal until the tables turned. Ahn/Gibbs rattled off the next six games to put the Trojans in a 4-7 hole. Then it was the Trojans' turn to regroup and push back. USC broke the Cardinal twice and held serve to go back on top, up 8-7. Stanford would force the tiebreaker with a hold next, and the Cardinal found a hot spot in the breaker to snag the upset on a 9-8 (2) victory that point the first point of the day in Stanford's column and hand Christian/Santamaria their first loss of the season.

Stanford took a 2-0 lead when #103 Stacey Tan posted a 6-2, 6-2 win over USC's Giuliana Olmos at the No. 4 spot. USC got on the board next, however, when Kaitlyn Christian caught fire and rolled up a 6-3, 6-1 win over Natalie Dillon on court two. Again, Stanford would find a way to force ahead. On court one, Stanford's #13 Nicole Gibbs was able to solve USC's top gun, #2 Sabrina Santamaria, and snap the Trojan sophomore's 21-match win streak with a 7-6 (3), 6-2 decision that made it 3-1 Cardinal.
USC would regroup and respond to the pressure, though. At the No. 3 position, #27 ZoŽ Scandalis fought her way out of a 3-5 hole in the second set, forcing a tiebreaker against #14 Krista Hardebeck. Scandalis had more comeback juice left in the tank during the tiebreaker, staring down another 3-5 deficit and hammering out a 7-5 win in the breaker to notch a 6-3, 7-6 (5) win over Hardebeck for a lift to cut the score to 3-2. Arguably the gutsiest effort of the day for USC came on court two, where senior Danielle Lao was bound and determined to capture a big point for the Women of Troy. Tied up 5-5 in the third set against Stanford's #25 Kristie Ahn, #9 Lao was a warrior through the next two games, breaking Ahn for a 6-5 edge and then hauling in the victory from the service line for a 6-4, 2-6, 7-5 win that pulled the Trojans even 3-3 with the Cardinal.

That put the decider on court five. #79 Gabriella DeSimone was locked 3-3 with Stanford's #92 Ellen Tsay in the third set, but Tsay was able to come through in the final stretch. Tsay finished off the jarring upset for the Cardinal with a 5-7, 7-5, 6-3 comeback that pushed Stanford past USC, stealing a spot in the Quarterfinals.

The Women of Troy still have national championship hopes alive on the individual side of things. Kaitlyn Christian and Sabrina Santamaria will look to regroup and get back to their winning form as the No. 2 seeds into the coming NCAA Doubles Championships, which begin on May 23. In singles, Santamaria is also seeded No. 2 in that draw, joined by Danielle Lao and ZoŽ Scandalis with eyes on deep runs in the singles scene when that starts up on May 22.
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #499
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

UCLA won the doubles point against USC during their first contest this season. Get your facts right! =)

#12 USC 4, #3 UCLA 2
Mar 08, 2013 at Los Angeles, CA (Los Angeles Tennis Center)

Doubles
1. Anderson/Van Nguyen (UCLA) vs. #1 Kaitlyn Christian/Santamaria (USC) 4-7, unfinished
2. #58 Dolehide/Montez (UCLA) def. DeSimone/Scandalis (USC) 8-3
3. Harrison/McPhillips (UCLA) def. Lao/Olmos (USC) 8-3
UCLA Wins Doubles Point
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #500
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Wagner beats Corning 6-1 6-2. Miami up 2-0

UNC easily wins the doubles point against Nebraska, 1-0

Last edited by tucker1989 : May 18th, 2013 at 02:14 AM.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:10 AM   #501
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL at Krista in this pic

http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #502
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
LOL at Krista in this pic

http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/

I was thinking the same thing...

I don't think she wants that on Facebook or Twitter
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:21 AM   #503
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Wagner beats Corning 6-1 6-2. Miami up 2-0

UNC easily wins the doubles point against Nebraska, 1-0

That side of the bracket is so boring, haha.

I fully expect A&M in the finals.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:38 AM   #504
country flag tucker1989

Laurente beats Turvy 6-1 6-3 at #2 and Abu Mushrefova beats Riobueno 6-0 6-4 at #4

Miami leads 3-1
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:42 AM   #505
country flag tucker1989

Barnett beats Albuquerque 6-3 1-6 6-1 at #5

Miami leads 3-2
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:48 AM   #506
country flag tucker1989

Third sets on 3 and 6 will decide Miami/Northwestern.

Michigan/UCLA is going on laaaaaate
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:48 AM   #507
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

What did Nebraska do this year to even get seeded? And did any team have an easier opening 2 rounds? I just looked at their schedule and I don't get it. UNC should cruise.

Northwestern is making things tight.

I think Michigan can pull the upset tonight.

I am happy Florida played early, no waiting around all day for these long matches to finish. UCLA-Michigan are gonna play to the wee hours of the morning.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:55 AM   #508
country flag tucker1989

Miami already up an early break in both third sets

Also, Niu has one of the strangest looking backhands that I've ever seen
Old May 18th, 2013, 03:23 AM   #509

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Really hoping for Northwestern to come back to upset Miami. I also picked this to happen. Looks like Miami has the advantage.
Old May 18th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #510

Quote:
Miami already up an early break in both third sets

Also, Niu has one of the strangest looking backhands that I've ever seen
Miami's player has the slice backhand and Northwestern's has the strange backhand. It's a battle of the backhands.