Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament - Page 32 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #466
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold
Re: Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament

Congrats to Tsay. I would have bet my money on Gabby. Typically she's clutch in this situation.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #467
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Tsay what?

And no, I am not surprised Stanford won. Usc has had issues handling favorite status and winning big matches. Stanford does well when no one thinks they can do it.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #468
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Well - USC had the goods on paper, really should have taken it to STAN. But STAN knows how to win in NCAA's... Sabs' 2 losses FOR THE FIRST TIME this season didn't help. Of course they had to come today. I actually prefer the STAN vs UF matchup more, but pity that there won't be a single trace of light shed to support whether fantic OR I was right about a foregone UF vs USC match up.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #469
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

HUUUUGE Win for the Card!

Dammit - someone came into my office as it was match point. By the time they left, the team was gathered around Ellen, so I missed the winning point!

Stacey and Ellen came up big today. We've been talking about their up and down season (on the Pac 10 Board), so it was great to see them step up in the tournament. (Shades of Lindsay Burdette??)

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #470
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Georgia and Cal will have a lot to say before a possible uf-Stanford match happens.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #471
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
Well - USC had the goods on paper, really should have taken it to STAN. But STAN knows how to win in NCAA's... Sabs' 2 losses FOR THE FIRST TIME this season didn't help. Of course they had to come today. I actually prefer the STAN vs UF matchup more, but pity that there won't be a single trace of light shed to support whether fantic OR I was right about a foregone UF vs USC match up.
Nicole Gibbs on Stanford was the only player to register 2 points for her team. Gibbs was a big reason why Stanford won, although Dillon/Hardeback were critical in winning their doubles.
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #472
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
Georgia and Cal will have a lot to say before a possible uf-Stanford match happens.
Georgia is going to be tough for Stanford, but I honestly think Florida will have no trouble with Cal. Aside from Zsofi Susanyi, who I think should be playing higher than No. 3, where are their points going to come from?
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #473
country flag OldBlue

OldBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
Georgia is going to be tough for Stanford, but I honestly think Florida will have no trouble with Cal. Aside from Zsofi Susanyi, who I think should be playing higher than No. 3, where are their points going to come from?

I don't think Georgia will give Stanford trouble, now that the Cardinal are brimming with confidence again, and Georgia had their hands full today.

I think Cal will play better tomorrow. If the Bears can steal the doubles point, who knows? Susanyi, Chi, and then someone gets hot?

Anyone wants to pick another upset in the remaining matches today?
OldBlue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #474
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

TAMU looks really good...I could see them reaching the final out of that bottom half.
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #475
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

It was tough getting any work done after noon today...kept peeking at the score!

For Gibbs and Ahn to get that doubles point was huuuuuuuuge!!!

Really nice comeback....that win gave Stanford a shot against USC...at the start of the match 25-30% chance, after the doubles match 40%

It was a see-saw seeing the bottom half of Stanfords line-up take the early lead before the top half gaining some momentum, but after the 1st set, only Tan had prevail and Gibbs was coming back strong!!!

Great win BTW for Stacey Tan!!! I was thinking about her latest interviewed which revealed she did an intern last summer with Toyota, so that is probably why she had a slow start this Fall. I could tell that she had something to prove as she wanted to be there in the NCAAs for the full 2 weeks
I am not surprised she was first off the court...2011 NCAA runner-up with a "speculative" and "well-deserved" chip on her shoulder (for the disrespect she got being bumped to the #5 slot early this season)

It was no fun being at the office with work piling on my desk...but it was good to see Stanford take an early 2-0 lead with Gibbs leading probably going 3-0 and at the time Tsay was behind so I am thinking 3-1 with Hardebeck and Ahn coming back in the 2nd set

It was a long a!@#$% drive home with all the story lines coming up in my head, as I was thinking that Stanford needed to win one game between #2 and #3, as I assumed Gibbs would win and Tsay would eventually lose:

1) Kristie Ahn has a chance to finally make an impact after her injury kept her from the spotlight. I was visualizing Gibbs rooting Ahn on after her win! BTW nice fight to win the doubles point...that match, scoreboard visual only, seemed historic!!!

2) Hardebeck has a chance to redeem herself after her 8 or 9 losses this season.

In the back of mind, I was thinking that neither Ahn nor Hardebeck has won a big game for Stanford (unlike Gibbs and Tan) so I had my doubts and I was thinking back to the Florida game when Stanford was up but couldn't get that final point...

Then another thought came up about how they beat Baylor after losing twice, two years in a row...in other words...DEJAVU...lost to USC twice in a row...3rd time is a charm....right FANTIC???

OK, I get home wondering what the results....thinking either Hardebeck or most likely Ahn was going to be the hero...Boy was I shocked that it was Ellen Tsay

She was the last person I thought would be the hero...especially after falling behind in the 2nd set and losing the 1st set...so many times, I've seen her lose those matches

Big kudos to Gibbsy...big comeback both doubles and singles!!! I had a feeling she was going to get revenge after losing to both Anderson and Sabs, earlier this year, despite Fantic ignoring the fact that I mentioned she was injured

Tan had alot to prove and her win set the tone for the comeback, especially since most of the top 3 players were playing from behind...big kudos for the senior!!!

Honorable mention goes to Hardebeck and Dillon for their doubles win, which was crucial...Hardebeck almost came back in the 2nd set but still has time to prove herself at singles. Ahn also gets honorable mention for the doubles win and a very close comeback for a 3rd set...good thing Tsay had everybody's back...great TEAM WIN....!!!

I had a feeling that Stanford was going to pull it off but didn't want to create so much hype and then jinx the Cards Like I said before, this is NCAA and both Florida and Stanford play for keeps!!!

I can't say that I am not surprised though as I didn't think Hardebeck and Dillon would get the doubles point...thought Tan/Tsay would get it and I knew it would be a battle for Gibbs/Ahn

I am also surprised of Tsay getting the winning point, as I thought that Ahn would come through...which she almost did...

Last edited by tie_breaker : May 18th, 2013 at 01:19 AM.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #476
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Texas A&M spanks Virginia 4-0.

Miami cruising on all doubles courts against Northwestern.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #477
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
We both know that USC shutting out Florida was more fantasy then reality...if USC was able to make it that far...my gut feeling is that they would have been too emotionally and physically spent and would have repeated UCLA's performance last year

Too many things going against USC:

1) Sabs had to lose sometime

2) Gibbs gonna get revenge...how can she turn pro and not dominate in college

3) I think they were a bit overconfident after becoming PAC-12 champs the past 2 years, beating Stanford in the process, perhaps looking at the Gators and not looking at the Tree that just hit them
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #478
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Who would've thought Tsay would clinch? Her game is not aggressive.. USC chokes. Gibbs should've lost the first set!
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 01:01 AM   #479
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
I certainly didn't. The team proved me wrong. I think the key was No. 3 doubles - Dillon and Hardebeck trounced USC. Without the doubles point, it's all moot for Stanford. Great job ladies!
YESSSSSSSS!!! I picked Stanford to upset USC in the tournament pool! I also picked Stanford to defeat UGA in the next round to set up a match against Florida. Who doesn't want to see that???
slickshoes510 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #480
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
YESSSSSSSS!!! I picked Stanford to upset USC in the tournament pool! I also picked Stanford to defeat UGA in the next round to set up a match against Florida. Who doesn't want to see that???
Were we the only ones to pick the upset? I picked Georgia in the next round, though
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote