Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 15th, 2013, 02:44 AM   #346
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gtennis View Post
desariofan post points to the fact that players get to school and some experience freedom and influences that don't gee-haw with the world of college athletics.
I did? What did i say? could you elaborate?
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2013, 02:53 AM   #347
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
I read an interview with Roland a long time ago and what I remembered very clearly from him is that he always allows transfers and immediate playing time. I believe he transferred himself and that's where his philosophy stands from.
I can't think of a current coach at Florida that won't let a kid transfer. If they aren't happy, no reason to not let them go some place they might be happy.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #348
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

you were referring to the Texas girls that did not last.
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #349
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/w-t...051413aaa.html

"NCAA NOTES
Last season, the Women of Troy made their first NCAA Semifinal appearance since 2006 thanks to an impressive 4-2 upset of Stanford in the NCAA Round of 16 to set up the fourth USC-UCLA clash of the year. The Bruins captured the ticket to the final with a 4-3 win over the Trojans in the semis, putting USC with a 24-4 overall record in 2012. This year's NCAA appearance is USC's 22nd straight trip to the postseason and 31st overall, holding a 65-29 record in the tourney after the Trojans' wins in last weekend's NCAA First and Second Rounds. This year's No. 5 seed into the draw equals last season's seeding, which was the best since a No. 3 seeding in 2006. USC has won seven national championships in all, including NCAA championship titles in 1983 and 1985 after the NCAA began its women's tennis championships in 1982.

TROJANS TO DATE
Ranked No. 5 in the nation and holding a 23-2 overall record entering the NCAA Round of 16, the USC women are riding a 15-match win streak and holding the fewest losses in a single season since 1985, when the Trojans won their last NCAA title. The back-to-back Pac-12 Team Champions carry a 13-match win streak into the 2013 NCAA Championships, and have already recorded their 15th 20-win season in program history. "

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:11 AM   #350
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/w-t...051413aac.html

"Long considered the gold standard in women's college tennis, Stanford has won 16 of 31 possible NCAA team titles and captured 17 national championships overall when including the 1978 AIAW crown. The Cardinal owns a 125-16 all-time record in the NCAA Tournament."

"No. 5 USC (23-2, 9-0 Pac-12) joins No. 1 Florida as the only teams in the postseason draw with two losses or fewer. Winners of 15 in a row, the Trojans completed a perfect conference season and were crowned Pac-12 champions for the third time (two outright, one share) over the last five years. If you're trying to identify three or four schools who could win it all, the Pac-12 champ deserves a serious look. USC defeated Stanford 6-1 back on March 30 in Los Angeles and also eliminated the Cardinal from last year's postseason with a 4-2 victory in the quarterfinals. Stanford can reflect back to its heated rivalry from a few years back against then-postseason nemesis Baylor. The Lady Bears ended the Cardinal's season in 2008 and 2009 before Stanford returned the favor in 2010 (when Baylor was ranked No. 1) and 2011."

Does this mean USC will beat STAN again?

"Doubles Play Has Been A Strength
A team strength all season long, Stanford has claimed the doubles point in 20 of its 22 matches this year. Routinely grabbing a 1-0 lead has allowed the Cardinal to get a jump on its opponent. One reason for the success has been consistency within the lineup, as head coach Lele Forood has employed only four doubles combinations in dual match play. The No. 1 spot has been anchored by Ahn and Nicole Gibbs, who are ranked No. 8 in the nation after compiling a 16-3 record that includes six straight wins. Playing together for the second full season, the No. 2 pairing of Stacey Tan and Ellen Tsay is 29-7 overall and 20-2 in duals. The No. 3 duo of Natalie Dillon and Krista Hardebeck sports a 15-10 record and is 12-6 in duals. The only teams to win the doubles point against Stanford? Saint Mary's and USC."

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #351
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

tennis warehouse threads

2013 NCAA Men's Tennis Tournament - Champaign, IL ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
TopDawg
Today 06:47 PM
by Nostradamus
202 7,236

2013 NCAA Women's Tennis Tournament - Champaign, IL ( 1 2)
TopDawg
05-12-2013 05:18 PM
by ClarkC
27 982

1st number is replies, 2nd, views

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #352
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Sad to hear that about Megan, but I hope she's a lot happier now. Any reason why Jessica left and pretty much retired from the game?

Last edited by tennisbuddy12 : May 15th, 2013 at 08:37 AM.
tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #353
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Sad to hear that about Megan, but I hope she's a lot happier now. Any reason why Jessica left and pretty much retired from the game?
Not exactly sure about Jessica. Once the freshmen from the 2003 class graduated, I've pretty much lost connection to the girls from the team. The only people I'd chat it up with when I show up at the matches are the parents of the players themselves, namely Cercone's mother, and Will's parents in the past, and also Roland high five's here and there.

I am guessing Jessica left because her sister left, and perhaps through personal reasons quit tennis as well? ANYWAY!
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #354
country flag desariofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
tennis warehouse threads

TopDawg
by Nostradamus
202 7,236

TopDawg
by ClarkC
27 982

tragic - i know. it just proves that we are a special brand, unique kind of tennis diehard fans!
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #355
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
tennis warehouse threads

TopDawg
by Nostradamus
202 7,236

TopDawg
by ClarkC
27 982

I was hoping that might be Claire Clark--I haven't read anything about what she's done since leaving ULM--but it seems not: I don't see any evidence that she's now a research scientist in Charlottesville.

I don't visit tennis warehouse, but at zootennis there are similarly far more comments about men's rather than women's college tennis--maybe not an 8-1 ratio, mind you. It's always puzzled me. Among men's sports, tennis is a bit of a minority taste, while among women's sports it's one of the most popular. Perhaps the latter doesn't apply to college sports.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #356
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
tennis warehouse threads

TopDawg
by Nostradamus
202 7,236

TopDawg
by ClarkC
27 982

TF

Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
fantic
Today 06:20 PM
by Embittered
354 10,254

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #357
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Thx to Mal and Allie, the field is considerably leveled. Let's thank them Too bad about Duke though, the league misses Trice.

In short, anything can happen

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #358
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/w-t...051513aaa.html

"The UCLA-Michigan Series
UCLA and Michigan have met only one time in women's tennis, with the Bruins taking an 8-1 victory over the Wolverines back in 1983.

UCLA at the NCAA Championships
Only three teams (UCLA, Stanford and Cal) have made the NCAA Tournament every year since women's tennis became an NCAA sport in 1982. The Bruins' selection to the 2013 tournament marks the team's 32nd appearance. UCLA captured its only NCAA title in 2008 in Tulsa, Okla. (UCLA def. Cal, 4-0). The Bruins' only other national title was in 1981 when the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW) was the governing body of women's tennis.

UCLA Against the NCAA Round of 16
UCLA owns a 2-5 record against the other 15 teams that are still alive in the NCAA Tournament. The Bruins' wins this season were over Cal and Georgia. UCLA suffered losses to North Carolina, Stanford, Cal and USC (twice). However, UCLA's loss against No. 2 seed North Carolina in the final of the ITA National Team Indoors, was a tight 4-3."

"McPhillips on a Roll
Freshman Kyle McPhillips has been UCLA's hottest player of late, taking a 10-match winning streak into this week's NCAA Round of 16. McPhillips' run started in the team's last four matches of the regular season and continued all the way through the Pac-12 Tournament, where she became the first UCLA freshman to win the main draw singles title since Sara Walker in 2000. At 30-8 overall, she is the only Bruin player to reach the 30-win mark this season.

McPhillips Named Pac-12 Newcomer of the Year as All-Conference Honors are Released
All-Pac-12 honors for the 2013 season were released on Wednesday and Bruin freshman Kyle McPhillips was named Pac-12 Newcomer of the Year. McPhillips, from Willoughby, Ohio, is the second Bruin player in as many years to earn that honor, as Robin Anderson also took home the award in 2012. In addition, McPhillips was named to the All-Pac-12 second team, while Anderson earned a spot on the first team.

Bruins Recruit Nationally
One interesting fact about this year's lineup is that the Bruins' top eight players all hail from different states. As amazing as it sounds, UCLA only has one starting player from the state of California in Pamela Montez. Below is a breakdown of UCLA's lineup:

1. Robin Anderson, Matawan, N.J.
2. Kyle McPhillips, Willoughby, Ohio
3. Pamela Montez, La Quinta, Calif.
4. Chanelle Van Nguyen, Miami, Fla.
5. Catherine Harrison, Germantown, Tenn.
6. Courtney Dolehide, Hinsdale, Ill.
7. Kaitlin Ray, Little Rock, Ark.
8. Skylar Morton, Bethesda, Md.

McPhillips Named Southwest Region ITA Rookie of the Year
In addition to her Pac-12 Newcomer of the Year award, freshman Kyle McPhillips was also named ITA Southwest Region Rookie of the Year on Tuesday. That means she is in contention for the ITA National Rookie of the Year award, which will be announced later this month."

"Did You Know?
Being a the No. 7 seed isn't such a bad thing for UCLA, as the Bruins were also seeded seventh in the team's national championship season of 2008. UCLA defeated No. 8 Cal, 4-0 in the final that year in Tulsa, Okla."

I see that they didn't tell the REAL reason

" Few college coaches can match Sampras Webster's ability to continually put their teams in the title hunt year in and year out. Prior to the 2008 championship season, she guided the program to a pair of second-place finishes in 2004 and 2007. Sampras Webster-led teams have finished in the top 5 nationally on eight occasions (1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2011 and 2012). UCLA was the national runner-up in 2012, falling to Florida in the championship match in Athens, Ga."

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #359
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

What match is going on right now?
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #360
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barktra View Post
What match is going on right now?
Women start Friday, Men tomorrow
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote