Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #331
country flag TennisSee

TennisSee is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gtennis View Post
Illinois courts fast or slow?
I can't remember whether they are fast or slow, but I do remember that they are tilted, with a great slope than most to allow for drainage.
TennisSee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #332
country flag TennisSee

TennisSee is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems to me like you guys are underestimating Georgia. They have a win over A and M who beat Florida the first time they played and a team who's freshman are improving each and everyday. They are well coached and play with there heads and hearts. They will prove to be a tough out. Go Dawgs.
TennisSee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #333
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know when was the last time UGA beat UF?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:53 AM   #334
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Anyone know when was the last time UGA beat UF?
Oh never mind, found it;

5/15/2009 #1 University of Florida Win 4-2
4/25/2009 #1 University of Florida Win 4-2

Date: 4/25/2009
Winner: University of Georgia
Score: 4-2
Position University of Florida University of Georgia Winner Score
#1 Singles Marrit Boonstra Chelsey Gullickson University of Georgia 6-2,5-7,6-0
#2 Singles Anastasia Revzina Yvette Hyndman University of Florida 6-1,6-1
#3 Singles Joanna Mather Nadja Gilchrist University of Georgia 6-0,6-4
#4 Singles Jessica Alexander Monika Dancevic Unfinished 6-4,6-7(6),0-2
#5 Singles Barbara Pinterova Naoko Ueshima University of Georgia 6-0,6-1
#6 Singles Brooke Allen Cameron Ellis University of Georgia 6-1,6-0

#1 Doubles Marrit Boonstra
Joanna Mather Chelsey Gullickson
Nadja Gilchrist University of Florida 8-3
#2 Doubles Jessica Alexander
Anastasia Revzina Monika Dancevic
Yvette Hyndman University of Florida 8-3
#3 Doubles Barbara Pinterova
Brooke Allen Naoko Ueshima
Cameron Ellis University of Georgia 8-0

---------

Date: 5/15/2009
Position University of Georgia University of Florida Winner Score
#1 Singles Chelsey Gullickson Marrit Boonstra University of Georgia 6-3,2-6,6-3
#2 Singles Yvette Hyndman Anastasia Revzina Unfinished 4-6,7-5,5-2
#3 Singles Nadja Gilchrist Joanna Mather University of Florida 4-6,6-2,6-2
#4 Singles Monika Dancevic Jessica Alexander University of Florida 6-4,6-1
#5 Singles Naoko Ueshima Barbara Pinterova University of Georgia 6-3,7-6(2)
#6 Singles Cameron Ellis Lauren Wolken University of Georgia 6-0,6-0
#1 Doubles Chelsey Gullickson
Nadja Gilchrist Marrit Boonstra
Joanna Mather University of Georgia 8-3

#2 Doubles Monika Dancevic
Yvette Hyndman Jessica Alexander
Anastasia Revzina Unfinished 4-5
#3 Doubles Naoko Ueshima
Cameron Ellis Brooke Allen
Lauren Wolken University of Georgia 8-1

So after Embree/Will came, UGA never won.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #335
country flag fantic

This started UF's undefeated campaign against UGA;

University of Florida vs University of Georgia

Date: 4/11/2010
Winner: University of Florida
Score: 6-1
#1 Singles #1 Lauren Embree Chelsey Gullickson University of Florida 7-5,6-4
#2 Singles Allie Will Nadja Gilchrist University of Florida 6-3,6-3
#3 Singles Marrit Boonstra Yvette Hyndman University of Florida 2-6,6-1,6-2
#4 Singles Anastasia Revzina Naoko Ueshima University of Florida 6-0,6-0

#5 Singles Joanna Mather Cameron Ellis University of Georgia 7-6(4)3-6,1-0(10-8)
#6 Singles #116 Caroline Hitimana Lara Fakhoury University of Florida 6-0,6-4
Allie Will Chelsey Gullickson
Nadja Gilchrist University of Florida 8-6
#2 Doubles Lauren Embree
Joanna Mather Yvette Hyndman
Cameron Ellis University of Florida 8-5
#3 Doubles Caroline Hitimana
Anastasia Revzina Naoko Ueshima
Lara Fakhoury University of Florida 8-3

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 14th, 2013, 04:07 AM   #336
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Oh never mind, found it;

5/15/2009 #1 University of Florida Win 4-2
4/25/2009 #1 University of Florida Win 4-2

Date: 4/25/2009
#1 Singles Marrit Boonstra Chelsey Gullickson University of Georgia 6-2,5-7,6-0
#2 Singles Anastasia Revzina Yvette Hyndman University of Florida 6-1,6-1
#3 Singles Joanna Mather Nadja Gilchrist University of Georgia 6-0,6-4
#4 Singles Jessica Alexander Monika Dancevic Unfinished 6-4,6-7(6),0-2
#5 Singles Barbara Pinterova Naoko Ueshima University of Georgia 6-0,6-1
#6 Singles Brooke Allen Cameron Ellis University of Georgia 6-1,6-0

Joanna Mather Chelsey Gullickson
Nadja Gilchrist University of Florida 8-3
#2 Doubles Jessica Alexander
Anastasia Revzina Monika Dancevic
Yvette Hyndman University of Florida 8-3
#3 Doubles Barbara Pinterova
Brooke Allen Naoko Ueshima
Cameron Ellis University of Georgia 8-0

---------

Date: 5/15/2009
Position University of Georgia University of Florida Winner Score
#1 Singles Chelsey Gullickson Marrit Boonstra University of Georgia 6-3,2-6,6-3
#2 Singles Yvette Hyndman Anastasia Revzina Unfinished 4-6,7-5,5-2
#3 Singles Nadja Gilchrist Joanna Mather University of Florida 4-6,6-2,6-2
#4 Singles Monika Dancevic Jessica Alexander University of Florida 6-4,6-1
#5 Singles Naoko Ueshima Barbara Pinterova University of Georgia 6-3,7-6(2)
#6 Singles Cameron Ellis Lauren Wolken University of Georgia 6-0,6-0
#1 Doubles Chelsey Gullickson
Nadja Gilchrist Marrit Boonstra
Joanna Mather University of Georgia 8-3

#2 Doubles Monika Dancevic
Yvette Hyndman Jessica Alexander
Anastasia Revzina Unfinished 4-5
#3 Doubles Naoko Ueshima
Cameron Ellis Brooke Allen
Lauren Wolken University of Georgia 8-1

So after Embree/Will came, UGA never won.
that was the fateful year when UF had injury & transfer problems - resulting in them having to use a club player @ #6 with 5 fully functional players on the team. The amazing feat was they remained unbeaten @ HOME that whole year even with such handicap and with the home-winning steak on the line, beating #2 UGA (ironically) in the process.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #337
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

If the courts have a little speed, Cal may surprise.
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:25 AM   #338
country flag OldBlue

OldBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
I think the remaining Pac-12 teams (Stanford, USC, Cal) all wished they had UCLA's draw...
True dat, Saki. LOL!
OldBlue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:43 AM   #339
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
that was the fateful year when UF had injury & transfer problems - resulting in them having to use a club player @ #6 with 5 fully functional players on the team. The amazing feat was they remained unbeaten @ HOME that whole year even with such handicap and with the home-winning steak on the line, beating #2 UGA (ironically) in the process.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #340
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I dont know how you do it but u can find anything online. Roland really dropped a ball on the recruiting aspect that year and the years before that.

Last edited by desariofan : May 14th, 2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #341
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Whatever happened to the Alexander sisters? Megan, I believe, went to TCU and played a little but never finished. Never heard where Jessica ended up. The year prior, Cohen was a frosh and Borsanyi a sophomore. They both transfered to Miami and Baylor, respectively. Not much time to fill those holes prior to the next season.

Roland did drop the ball to an extent, but it was recruiting kids who didn't want to work hard, or were not tough enough. My take, from seeing what this team does for training, is that these girls had never been put through fitness like Florida does and they decided to go elsewhere. Those who stick around, improve. I think he has a pretty damn good track record for being successful and improving players during their time. It's just not a fit for everyone. He learned that lesson and now gets kids who are talented and hard workers.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #342
country flag desariofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
Whatever happened to the Alexander sisters? Megan, I believe, went to TCU and played a little but never finished. Never heard where Jessica ended up. The year prior, Cohen was a frosh and Borsanyi a sophomore. They both transfered to Miami and Baylor, respectively. Not much time to fill those holes prior to the next season.

Roland did drop the ball to an extent, but it was recruiting kids who didn't want to work hard, or were not tough enough. My take, from seeing what this team does for training, is that these girls had never been put through fitness like Florida does and they decided to go elsewhere. Those who stick around, improve. I think he has a pretty damn good track record for being successful and improving players during their time. It's just not a fit for everyone. He learned that lesson and now gets kids who are talented and hard workers.
I was friends with the 2003 championship winning team (the yr I graduated as well) and became good buddies with several of the girls. Megan Alexander, according to one of the girls, was going through very serious depression issues. I am not even sure if that's something I should discuss. But, it got to the point where she was cutting herself on her wrists... She had so much potential going for her. Some other girls, namely Borsanyi & Cohen, never really gotten great together with the rest of team chemistry wise - and that's something very important in a championship winning team. Thus they were allowed the transfers.

With Embree & Hitimana gone next year and only Keegan coming in, Roland really needs to buckle down if he wants to maintain the level of competitiveness the team has had for the past 4 years with a couple more ACE PLAYERS!
Old May 15th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #343
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
I was friends with the 2003 championship winning team (the yr I graduated as well) and became good buddies with several of the girls. Megan Alexander, according to one of the girls, was going through very serious depression issues. I am not even sure if that's something I should discuss. But, it got to the point where she was cutting herself on her wrists... She had so much potential going for her. Some other girls, namely Borsanyi & Cohen, never really gotten great together with the rest of team chemistry wise - and that's something very important in a championship winning team. Thus they were allowed the transfers.

With Embree & Hitimana gone next year and only Keegan coming in, Roland really needs to buckle down if he wants to maintain the level of competitiveness the team has had for the past 4 years with a couple more ACE PLAYERS!
I read an interview with Roland a long time ago and what I remembered very clearly from him is that he always allows transfers and immediate playing time. I believe he transferred himself and that's where his philosophy stands from.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #344
country flag fantic

It seems like we can watch

http://www.fightingillini.com/ncaatennis2013/

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #345
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

desariofan post points to the fact that players get to school and some experience freedom and influences that don't gee-haw with the world of college athletics.
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote