Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 13th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #301
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future
Re: Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Yeah we all know how Lauren is formidable in Team dual.

But.

She only played #1 her Freshman season's NCAA. (And has beaten Barte in 2)

Last two, she played #2.

So, it'll be a whole new dynamic, don't you think?
Touche. Not to take anything away from Lauren and her truly incredible career but the fact that Lauren played #2 behind the Wicked Witch for the majority of her career gets lost in the recent "OMG LAUREN IS DA BEST EVA."

I think USC wins the doubles, 2 out of the top 3, and 1 out of the lower 3. I'm most confident in Scandalis beating Cercone. But still, always hard to bet against the two time defending champs. Florida knows how to win!
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #302
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Touche. Not to take anything away from Lauren and her truly incredible career but the fact that Lauren played #2 behind the Wicked Witch for the majority of her career gets lost in the recent "OMG LAUREN IS DA BEST EVA."

I think USC wins the doubles, 2 out of the top 3, and 1 out of the lower 3. I'm most confident in Scandalis beating Cercone. But still, always hard to bet against the two time defending champs. Florida knows how to win!
We all know that the best team in 2011 was Stanford

But, likewise, the best team in 2010 was UF, so the same 2 time champs

That psychological hurdle will surely be the biggest enemy facing USC Past that, then, history!

But Amal, didn't you pick USC for the win? at the tourneycopia
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #303
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Also, I'm really hoping the Sabs/Embree matchup happens in either the team tournament or the individuals. Put all this transitive property logic/ 2 degrees of freedom common opponents to rest.
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:47 AM   #304
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Also, I'm really hoping the Sabs/Embree matchup happens in either the team tournament or the individuals. Put all this transitive property logic/ 2 degrees of freedom common opponents to rest.
Yeah, I'd say it's more 'urgent' than Lauren vs Gibbsy rematch, that was done
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #305
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Of course, USC might freeze and lose 0-4

But at their best, I firmly believe that USC can shutout UF

Don't you think that's a pretty bold statement?

Honestly, I think Lauren can take Sabs at #1

Sophie has improved just as much or more than the Little Giant, so I wouldn't count her out at #2

Cercone can be just as tough as Mather was the previous years, so she is about even with Zoe IMHO...

On paper, USC looks tough and they're hungry, but you have to consider that when UF or Stanford plays during the finals, they play for KEEPS!!!

If USC gets past Stanford, it will be their 1st since when? 1985 when they lost in the finals to who?

Add to the fact, the team chemistry that UF, which will trump USC who has 3 divas at #1-#3

The way that Embree came back to beat Mal in 2011 and with her #1 ranking gives her the trump card to beat anybody, except for Gibbsy, of course

You have to factor in experience, especially playing the big match. Look what happened to UCLA last year...

USC this year is like what UCLA was last year, so my prediction is...good luck with that
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #306
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:

That psychological hurdle will surely be the biggest enemy facing USC Past that, then, history!

But Amal, didn't you pick USC for the win? at the tourneycopia
Don't think those intangibles can be overlooked. 5 of UF's starting six have won two national championships. No one on the USC team has made the finals. We'll see!

And yup, I did. I wanted to pick someone other than Florida And no one will argue that USC has the talent to win and I think they actually match up well against Florida.

But if you told me that the Florida/USC match was tied at 3-3 with Sabrina and Embree just starting a third set, would my prediction change? Yea, I'd probably go with Embree on that one.
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #307
country flag fantic

I thought of more

Zsofi def. Embree 1,1
Robin def. Zsofi 1,2

And then, voila, Robin loses to Sabs

4/18/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #2 Sabrina Santamaria #5 University of Southern California Loss 6-1, 6-0

3/8/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #2 Sabrina Santamaria #5 University of Southern California Loss 6-2, 6-1

- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #308
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Don't you think that's a pretty bold statement?

Honestly, I think Lauren can take Sabs at #1

Sophie has improved just as much or more than the Little Giant, so I wouldn't count her out at #2

Cercone can be just as tough as Mather was the previous years, so she is about even with Zoe IMHO...

On paper, USC looks tough and they're hungry, but you have to consider that when UF or Stanford plays during the finals, they play for KEEPS!!!

If USC gets past Stanford, it will be their 1st since when? 1985 when they lost in the finals to who?

Add to the fact, the team chemistry that UF, which will trump USC who has 3 divas at #1-#3

The way that Embree came back to beat Mal in 2011 and with her #1 ranking gives her the trump card to beat anybody, except for Gibbsy, of course

You have to factor in experience, especially playing the big match. Look what happened to UCLA last year...

USC this year is like what UCLA was last year, so my prediction is...good luck with that
2012 NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS (Dan Magill Tennis Complex - Athens, Ga.)
Quarterfinals - May 19
[5] USC 4, [4] Stanford 2
DOUBLES
(1) #3 Christian/Santamaria (USC) def. #2 Burdette/Gibbs (STAN) - 8-6
(2). #24 Tan/Tsay (STAN) def. #49 Pulido/Scandalis (USC) - 8-5
(3) Lao/Ramos (USC) def. Ahn/Li (STAN) - 8-6
USC wins doubles point.
Order of finish: 2, 1, 3
SINGLES
(1). #3 Nicole Gibbs (STAN) def. #14 Zoe Scandalis (USC) - 6-1, 6-4
(2) #19 Danielle Lao (USC) def. #5 Mallory Burdette (STAN) - 4-6, 6-2, 6-4
(3) #26 Sabrina Santamaria (USC) def. #25 Stacey Tan (STAN) - 7-5, 1-6, 7-6 (5)
(4) #89 Kaitlyn Christian (USC) vs. Kristie Ahn (STAN) - 4-6, 7-5, 2-1 susp.
(5) Gabriella DeSimone (USC) def. #74 Ellen Tsay (STAN) - 1-6, 6-2, 6-2
(6) Veronica Li (STAN) def. Valeria Pulido (USC) - 6-4, 7-5
Order of finish: 1, 5, 6, 2, 3

Yeah USC lost to UCLA and this year to UNC, but isn't 3 times a charm or something? Every 'Era' has a beginning!
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #309
country flag fantic

tiebreaker, why did you say USC has 3 'divas' at 1-3? Just curious

And what, Sophie? You're risking UF's fan's ire, wonder if Sofie will tweet 'disrespect' this time
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #310
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
2012 NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS (Dan Magill Tennis Complex - Athens, Ga.)
Quarterfinals - May 19
[5] USC 4, [4] Stanford 2
DOUBLES
(1) #3 Christian/Santamaria (USC) def. #2 Burdette/Gibbs (STAN) - 8-6
(2). #24 Tan/Tsay (STAN) def. #49 Pulido/Scandalis (USC) - 8-5
(3) Lao/Ramos (USC) def. Ahn/Li (STAN) - 8-6
USC wins doubles point.
Order of finish: 2, 1, 3
SINGLES
(1). #3 Nicole Gibbs (STAN) def. #14 Zoe Scandalis (USC) - 6-1, 6-4
(2) #19 Danielle Lao (USC) def. #5 Mallory Burdette (STAN) - 4-6, 6-2, 6-4
(3) #26 Sabrina Santamaria (USC) def. #25 Stacey Tan (STAN) - 7-5, 1-6, 7-6 (5)
(4) #89 Kaitlyn Christian (USC) vs. Kristie Ahn (STAN) - 4-6, 7-5, 2-1 susp.
(5) Gabriella DeSimone (USC) def. #74 Ellen Tsay (STAN) - 1-6, 6-2, 6-2
(6) Veronica Li (STAN) def. Valeria Pulido (USC) - 6-4, 7-5
Order of finish: 1, 5, 6, 2, 3

Yeah USC lost to UCLA and this year to UNC, but isn't 3 times a charm or something? Every 'Era' has a beginning!
Are you talking about whether UF will 3-peat?

and the "Era" beginning afterwards with Embree no longer in the lineup?
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #311
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I thought of more

Zsofi def. Embree 1,1
Robin def. Zsofi 1,2

And then, voila, Robin loses to Sabs

4/18/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #2 Sabrina Santamaria #5 University of Southern California Loss 6-1, 6-0

3/8/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #2 Sabrina Santamaria #5 University of Southern California Loss 6-2, 6-1

You're always bringing up these matchups! It's nice to compare but we all know that in tennis, there are certain players you just match up better against than others. We don't know what will happen until they actually play.

Also, you omitted Robin's win over Sabs in the fall.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #312
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
tiebreaker, why did you say USC has 3 'divas' at 1-3? Just curious

And what, Sophie? You're risking UF's fan's ire, wonder if Sofie will tweet 'disrespect' this time

I'm horrible at spelling names...that's no disrespect...my spelling is like your algebra

As far as "divas", I am implying that anyone could play #1 and were rotating at one time? no?

Personally, I've never seen that happen at the Farm, even with better players at the #2 and #3 positions, so my inclination is such to keep them all happy
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #313
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
You're always bringing up these matchups! It's nice to compare but we all know that in tennis, there are certain players you just match up better against than others. We don't know what will happen until they actually play.

Also, you omitted Robin's win over Sabs in the fall.
Oh, Fall? that was ages ago

Matchups, matchups. Sabs is not a ball basher. In fact, she's adept and constructing points.

Let's see to whom Lauren lost easily;

Last year, Capra and Zsofi. Are they ball bashers? Nope..

May I make a bold prediction (as if I haven't made plenty of it already )

Both Gibbsy and Lauren, since it's their last dual match, will get emotional and tight;
hence, Sabs will win surprisingly easy (oh in the case of Gibbsy, it'll be just a repeat)

And, what is with that tasteless nickname 'ice princess'?

Didn't I nickname Lauren 'Iron Maiden' ages ago?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:50 AM   #314
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Oh, Fall? that was ages ago

Matchups, matchups. Sabs is not a ball basher. In fact, she's adept and constructing points.

Let's see to whom Lauren lost easily;

Last year, Capra and Zsofi. Are they ball bashers? Nope..

May I make a bold prediction (as if I haven't made plenty of it already )

Both Gibbsy and Lauren, since it's their last dual match, will get emotional and tight;
hence, Sabs will win surprisingly easy (oh in the case of Gibbsy, it'll be just a repeat)

And, what is with that tasteless nickname 'ice princess'?

Didn't I nickname Lauren 'Iron Maiden' ages ago?
You threw in Lauren's loss to Zsofi and Robin's win over Zsofi...all of which occurred in the fall. You then included Sabs' wins over Robin. I just wanted you to be consistent in including Robin's win over Sabs which was in the fall as well.

Yes, Sabs is a different player now and those other players could very well be different as well.

In my opinion, college tennis is a little unpredictable. The top players will likely always defeat the lower ranked players but when the top players play each other, you can never guess what will happen.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #315
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
You threw in Lauren's loss to Zsofi and Robin's win over Zsofi...all of which occurred in the fall. You then included Sabs' wins over Robin. I just wanted you to be consistent in including Robin's win over Sabs which was in the fall as well.

Yes, Sabs is a different player now and those other players could very well be different as well.

In my opinion, college tennis is a little unpredictable. The top players will likely always defeat the lower ranked players but when the top players play each other, you can never guess what will happen.
What are you implying then? After all I'm not making up facts, and Sabs did rout Robin twice, not once, recently. And that Robin also beat Gibbsy, as you well know.

And, that Gibbsy had a tight match against Lauren..all of which happened this year
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles