Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 13th, 2013, 04:15 AM   #286
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Fantic, I am not trying to misquote you or anything like that

In all fairness, maybe your comments were misunderstood, I really dunno…

…it’s just that you went on about how Embree’s results weren’t that impressive to you and that she didn’t play against that many top players with the exception of Herring and S-C

Honestly, I thought I said something to the effect that I was agreeing with you regarding Embree’s schedule because of the competition that Sabs had to play against in the Pac-12, although I did mention that Sabs played against #2 opponents early on

Or maybe it was how you downplayed Embree’s aura as #1 player, saying that she only had one blow out of the four matches and that her opponents were able to fight so well against her…

Or maybe its how you compared Sabs and Embree’s undecided matches and how Sabs had NONE and usually finishes 1st or 2nd, noting Sabs victories over Gibbs, Anderson, and Anett…

I agree that you didn’t say it, but in so many ways I have to believe that you implied it…

If not…my bad…just reading between the lines

As far as Kyle vs. Embree, again that is probably just another misunderstanding

When you made that comment, saying that they’re about evenly matched, saying that Kyle has more bite to her serve…I dunno…but comparing #1-Embree to #2-Kyle, as even comparisons is like comparing #1-Nicole Gibbs to #2-Klara Fabikova, no?

Besides, my biggest point is that you stepped out to go to Lakewood and it was easy to pick on you, as the odd guy out, while we were trying to determine, who pissed off the "Ice Princess"

You are by far, the "low hanging fruit" given all of your comments, reasoning, and your version of tennis algebra, so we got to dish it back to you in some way or form

If that is not respect (imitation = flattery), I dunno what is
I feel like I need to jump in this since I was the one who traded comments w/ Fantic about Embree... but I don't...

For the most part, if not all, I agree w/ tie breaker. period.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #287
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

I HIGHLY doubt Lauren's tweet about being "disrespected" had anything to do with any comments on here.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #288
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
I HIGHLY doubt Lauren's tweet about being "disrespected" had anything to do with any comments on here.
Somebody tweet to Lauren, ask her the reason behind that tweet
Amal maybe you should ask her, as player to player

Anyway, I'm not fond of UF/STAN monopoly. Can get arrogant too

USC stopped STAN last NCAA. I bet THAT STAN squad was better than UF squad this season (Mal / Will. I know Will is a butt of some unsavory remarks here, but Will is of a chosen few who won both sgls and dbls slam. AND her playing #1 enabled Embree to play #2).

Bottom line, it's UF's turn to lose Do you guys REALLY want another 'boring' UF vs STAN match? Time for a new champion, 'the monopoly' must end I'm sure other teams are rooting for USC to stop UF UGA had PLENTY of chances to beat UF. Now it's USC's turn

my tennis blog
my personal blog my youtube acct
my flickr acct my imgur acct picasa album acct

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:52 AM   #289
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

and tiebreaker, did I 'insinuate'? I just let the facts speak for themselves

I still want Kyle vs Lauren at NCAA singles

AND Krista vs Gibbsy rematch too

my tennis blog

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:04 AM   #290
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I've suggested that PAC 12 renamed 'NEW PAC 12', just like what gouci did

But still, not yet.

In order to justify that claim, USC at least should advance to NCAA final.

In recent years, CAL and UCLA both advanced to the final 2 times(am I right?).
USC, none. Still, in terms of NCAA performance, a distant 4th place among Pac 12 top 4. Indoors, the same. UCLA advanced to the final twice, USC, none.

UCLA in fact had a terrific season, repeated Final of Indoors, Robin won NIIC, Kyle won Pac 12.

Such a compelling reason for USC to step up, no? I'm sure the girls are EXTRA hungry. They should be.

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:04 AM   #291
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Fantic, you should go through line by line and give your predictions for a USC vs. Florida match. Where does USC get their 4 points?

(1) Florida vs. (5) USC

Doubles
#1: Embree/Oyen (UF) vs. Christian/Santamaria (USC)
#2: Cercone/Hitimana (UF) vs. Olmos/Scandalis (USC)
#3: Collins/Morgan (UF) vs. DeSimone/Lao (USC)

Singles
#1: Embree (UF) vs. Santamaria (USC)
#2: Oyen (UF) vs. Lao (USC)
#3: Cercone (UF) vs. Scandalis (USC)
#4: Morgan (UF) vs. Olmos (USC)
#5: Janowicz (UF) vs. DeSimone (USC)
#6: Hitimana (UF) vs. Christian (USC)

Last edited by Amalgamate : May 13th, 2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:11 AM   #292
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Fantic, you should go through line by line and give your predictions for a USC vs. Florida match. Where does USC get their 4 points?
Dbls and sgls 1-3 I thought I mentioned this before

Lao > Susanyi > Embree
Lao lost to Embree at WAATC semi (but 2nd set was tight, 7-5 or so), no way she's losing to Oyen.

4/21/2013 Dual Match Pos. #2 #19 Maho Kowase #4 University of Georgia U 5-7, 6-1, 3-1 DNF

That's Oyen's recent result against Maho.
Lao beat Maho in 2 last Fall.

tiebreaker stop mentioning last NCAA DLao is stronger now!

Zoe > Alex. Both excellent grinders, Zoe's serve should be the clincher.

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:15 AM   #293
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Dbls and sgls 1-3 I thought I mentioned this before

Lao > Susanyi > Embree
Lao lost to Embree at WAATC semi (but 2nd set was tight, 7-5 or so), no way she's losing to Oyen.

Zoe > Alex. Both excellent grinders, Zoe's serve should be the clincher.
Interesting. You think USC can sweep UF at the top 3 positions? Despite Sabs' form this season, it's incredibly hard to give USC a win at #1 over Embree.
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #294
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Why? Didn't I enumerate this season's results by both? Who trounced Gibbsy? Not Lauren...

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:20 AM   #295
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Sabs lost to Zsofi in 3 at NIIC.
Lauren lost 1 and 1.

Moreover, Sabs is just a different animal this year. Just check the results, the most dominating performance in recent history. I'm not joking.

OK, EVEN if Sabs chokes and Lauren wins, I'm still banking on Gabi at #5 clinching the match, as her wont this season

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #296
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

IF that doesn't happen either? Gugu can beat Morgan, and KK too. KK is recently really on a tear, remember she beat Tsay to win PAC 12 invitational.

'At best' I see a 7-0 shutout There!

Can we expect Lauren's another 'disrespect' tweet?

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:23 AM   #297
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Why? Didn't I enumerate this season's results by both? Who trounced Gibbsy? Not Lauren...
I understand your transitive logic. I'm just saying, despite Sabs results this season, I'm not sure I would bet against Embree in that matchup. I'm not saying Sabs cant beat Embree, but until she does, for me it's a toss up and I'd actually give the nod to Lauren in a team NCAA dual.
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:28 AM   #298
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Of course, USC might freeze and lose 0-4

But at their best, I firmly believe that USC can shutout UF

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:31 AM   #299
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
I understand your transitive logic. I'm just saying, despite Sabs results this season, I'm not sure I would bet against Embree in that matchup. I'm not saying Sabs cant beat Embree, but until she does, for me it's a toss up and I'd actually give the nod to Lauren in a team NCAA dual.
Yeah we all know how Lauren is formidable in Team dual.

But.

She only played #1 her Freshman season's NCAA. (And has beaten Barte in 2)

Last two, she played #2.

So, it'll be a whole new dynamic, don't you think?

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #300
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Let's just check the recent result;

Embree against;

4/21/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #6 Lauren Herring #4 University of Georgia U 7-6 (1), 5-6 DNF
------------

Today

1. #6 Lauren Herring (UGA) vs. #21 Jacqueline Cako (ASU), 4-6, 6-2, 3-1, unfinished

-----------

Cako lost to;

4/5/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #2 Sabrina Santamaria #5 University of Southern California Loss 6-3, 6-3

There must be more, than Gibbs, Zsofi and Herring/Cako

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson