Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 03:24 AM   #16
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
I have a feeling Stanford will take it. They aren't really expected to win and I think that will help them
Yeah, well if any team can stop USC it's all-star STAN of course.

But did anyone think that

Santamaria def. Gibbsy in 2
Lao def. Ahn in 2
Scandalis def. Hardebeck
De Simone def. Tsay in 2

could happen a year ago?

Trojans

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 04:07 AM   #17
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Stanford is vulnerable. Doubles is a must point for them and they will likely always lose the 6th position.
slickshoes510 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 04:12 AM   #18
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Stanford is vulnerable. Doubles is a must point for them and they will likely always lose the 6th position.
Yeah but when Gibbsy-Ahn-Krista-Tan are on they are still quite formidable, so

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #19
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Yeah but when Gibbsy-Ahn-Krista-Tan are on they are still quite formidable, so
I'll take my chances against 3 of the 4 being hot in consecutive matches late in the NCAA tournament.
slickshoes510 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #20
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Krista has not really wowed anyone at the collegiate level. Thank God, because that probably means she won't turn pro after two years

Ahn and Tan are streaky, Gibbs is just a big question mark.

I see USC going deep but I also see UCLA getting a few scalps here and there.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 03:28 AM   #21
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

It only counts in May...losses during the regular season are intentional confidence builders for the opponents short-term benefit

I like Stanford being the underdog and dark horse.

They're gonna peak just in time just wait and see.

It goes without saying, fear the tree
tie_breaker is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #22
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Yeah, well if any team can stop USC it's all-star STAN of course.

But did anyone think that

Santamaria def. Gibbsy in 2
Lao def. Ahn in 2
Scandalis def. Hardebeck
De Simone def. Tsay in 2

could happen a year ago?

Trojans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post

...losses during the regular season are intentional confidence builders for the opponents short-term benefit
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 03:34 AM   #23
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
I'll take my chances against 3 of the 4 being hot in consecutive matches late in the NCAA tournament.
Not wise to be overlooking Tsay at #5 nor the doubles team from taking the first point
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #24
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post
Krista has not really wowed anyone at the collegiate level. Thank God, because that probably means she won't turn pro after two years

Ahn and Tan are streaky, Gibbs is just a big question mark.

I see USC going deep but I also see UCLA getting a few scalps here and there.
Tan former NCAA singles has been to the dance before. She's just saving her energy for the long haul, which is why she had a slow start.

Gibbs won the NCAA singles last year and doesn't want to go in being favored (let everybody put their guard down).

If Gibbs can beat top 100 players...
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 03:44 AM   #25
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
the plan is for everybody to think that...
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #26
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

So, eh, I guess sgls and dbls are pretty much a lock for USC

So it could be the clash between;

Triple crown, aiming for the sweep(sgls, dbls, and Team; when was the last time a team did that? Did Stanford do it?); USC

vs

3-peat, UF

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Apr 19th, 2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #27
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

USC fans should then be highly interested in the SEC tournament where Florida, A & M, Georgia and Alabama seem poised to meet in the semi-finals and finals. Will also be interesting if the week after week schedule of this league and tournament helps or wears out these four in NCAA tournament.
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #28
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gtennis View Post
USC fans should then be highly interested in the SEC tournament where Florida, A & M, Georgia and Alabama seem poised to meet in the semi-finals and finals. Will also be interesting if the week after week schedule of this league and tournament helps or wears out these four in NCAA tournament.
Not only USC fans! As somebody said, the winner of SEC might become the #1 ranked team and thus the #1 seed of the NCAA tournament.

Since every other teams would want to avoid UF, SEC tournament will be watched

UNC will probably win the ACC tournament (can UVA challenge them? Or Clemson?)

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #29
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

True point since Florida has to beat #3 and #4 on Sat. and Sunday to win SEC .
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #30
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gtennis View Post
This tournament is a week earlier than most conference tournaments, though, so they'll also have extra rest before NCAA's
tucker1989 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote