Conference USA - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 4th, 2014, 09:52 PM   #1
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Conference USA

from U of H's website:

Houston Rallies to Stun No. 17 Tulsa; 4-3
The Cougars defeated their highest ranked opponent since the computer rankings were instituted in 2001

March 1, 2014

Final Stats

HOUSTON--- The Cougars continued to rewrite the school record book on Saturday, as junior Elena Kordolaimi came through with a huge match-clinching 6-3, 6-7, 6-2 victory from the No. 2 position, to lift Houston to a dramatic 4-3 win over No. 17 Tulsa out at the John E. Hoff Tennis Courts.

Less than 24 hours after dropping just their second match of the season at No. 26 Texas on Friday, the Cougars bounced back in a very big way, as the win over Tulsa marks the highest ranked opponent UH has defeated since the computer rankings were instituted back in 2001.

Things didn't look promising early for Houston (8-2), as Tulsa took the doubles point, putting the Cougars in an early 1-0 hole for the third straight match, as the tandem of Maria Cardenas and Tina Rupert claimed Houston's lone doubles win on court two, 8-4

The Golden Hurricane (9-2) then kept the pressure on in singles play, as No. 109 Yelena Nemchen defeated Celia Fraser, 7-6, 6-1 at the No. 3 spot to claim a 2-0 advantage over the Cougars.

But Houston refused to give in, as freshman Despoina Vogasari earned a momentum-shifting win over the 70th ranked player in the country in Samantha Vickers, 7-6, 7-5 to put the Cougars on the board at 2-1

Then it was freshman Tina Rupert who really set the tone for a Cougar rally, as she dug deep to earn a huge come-from-behind, 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 victory over Tulsa's Renata Kuricova from the No. 5 spot to equalize things at 2-2

With the momentum starting to shift in Houston's favor, Cardenas made sure it stayed that way, as she grinded out a 7-6, 1-6, 6-3 win over Maria San'Anna at the No. 4 spot to give the Cougars their first lead of the day at 3-2.

However, Tulsa battled back to earn the victory on court six, notching things back up at 3-3.
For the second time in the last three matches and for the fourth time this season, it came down to a single point, and just like Tina Rupert and Rocio Martin did earlier this season, Kordolaimi came through for the Cougars, as Houston improved to 5-1 vs. ranked opponents this season and 3-1 in one-point affairs.

The Cougars will continue their four-match homestand on Wednesday, when they welcome in Temple, at 1:00 p.m. CT out at the John E. Hoff Tennis Courts, in what will mark Houston's first conference clash of the season.

No. 30 Houston 4, No. 17 Tulsa 3

SINGLES

Despoina Vogasari (HOU) def. #70 Samantha Vickers (TLS) 7-6, 7-5
Elena Kordolaimi (HOU) def. Isaura Enrique (TLS) 6-3, 6-7, 6-2
#109 Yelena Nemchen (TLS) def. Celia Fraser (HOU) 7-6, 6-1
Maria Cardenas (HOU) def. Maria Sant'Anna (TLS) 7-6, 1-6, 6-3
Tina Rupert (HOU) def. Renata Kuricova (TLS) 4-6, 7-5, 6-2
Marcelina Cichon (TLS) def. Rocio Martin (HOU) 6-4, 5-7, 6-1
Order of Finish: 3, 1, 5, 4, 6, 2*

*Clinching point

DOUBLES

Samantha Vickers/Isaura Enrique (TLS) def. Elena Kordolaimi/Despoina Vogasari (HOU) 8-3
Maria Cardenas/Tina Rupert (HOU) def. Maria Sant'Anna/Dobby Leenabanchong (TLS) 8-4
Renata Kuricova/Marcelina Cichon (TLS) def. Celia Fraser/Charlotte Phillips (HOU) 8-1
Order of Finish: 3, 2, 1
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 6th, 2014, 02:53 AM   #2
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Conference USA

I feel like this thread was made for me
And I think they changed the conference name but I could be wrong. All these new conferences are hard to keep track of

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 05:56 AM   #3
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Latest ranking based on Massey Ratings:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (33.4 KB, 6 views)
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 05:59 AM   #4
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
I feel like this thread was made for me
And I think they changed the conference name but I could be wrong. All these new conferences are hard to keep track of
Surprise you didn't comment on Houston's win over Tulsa...that was their biggest win!
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 04:24 AM   #5
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=673561

For anyone interested

Old Mar 14th, 2014, 05:42 AM   #6
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
I think it's just you and me

You because you are Greek and me because I am a tennis geek
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 04:45 AM   #7
country flag hellas719

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I think it's just you and me

You because you are Greek and me because I am a tennis geek
True
I'm only really going to update it whenever she does something big and when she plays ITF tournaments, no need to post all of her college tennis results obviously

Old Mar 18th, 2014, 05:38 AM   #8
country flag tie_breaker

I know...but it's a good story

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/from-se...214309752.html
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 05:54 AM   #9
country flag hellas719

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Good read
Most of it was stuff that wasn't really new information, but it was very well-put
Good to see someone in the NBA who is down to earth and not selfish, greedy, or arrogant

The comments
Typical Greeks being so ignorant, typical Americans being so ignorant
Embarrassed that my two countries have so many idiots inside