Serena: I stayed at a two out of a 10, and I can't play that low.'' - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #16
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena: I stayed at a two out of a 10, and I can't play that low.''

Classless and beside the point. It's every player's responsibility to bring whatever game they can to the court.

If this was the best she could bring, then Vika was better. End of story.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #17
country flag TennisPhan

TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashwanth View Post
I am having this weird resemblance with Federer situation against Nadal few years ago. Few years ago Federe dominated ATP like Serena dominating WTA these years by almost winning every tournament he enters. Then Nadal came and started to defeat Federer first on Clay and then on hard and then on Grass even. So the remaining ATP players like Djokovic and others took inspiration from this and they also started to believe that they can beat Fedrer and today even Julien Benneteau was able to beat Federer. Now I am seeing Vika doing the same to Serena in WTA as Nadal did to Federer in ATP, which I think overall good for tennis. But all this theory holds good only if Azarenka can again beat Serena in Dubai if both play again. What you guys think?
it's all about the slams for Serena. Don't ever forget that.
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #18
country flag wtftennis

wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light

The Serena that I saw in Brisbane played on another world, this time she played great but there were obviously mistakes. Then again she did play in the final, and it was Vika not a scrub player so the mentality is different, and therefore the confidence is not at your peak. ALso its very difficult to play at you peak all the time, you may have excellent form, then suddenly you ask why am i making these mistakes? And ofc credit to Vika, you could also make the argument that Vika made her make these mistakes.

At the end of the day its the result that counts, the same reasons attributed to Serena loss could also be given to Vikas loss in the past. If you play so much games there is therefore the variance factor.
wtftennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #19
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am having this weird resemblance with Federer situation against Nadal few years ago. Few years ago Federe dominated ATP like Serena dominating WTA these years by almost winning every tournament he enters. Then Nadal came and started to defeat Federer first on Clay and then on hard and then on Grass even. So the remaining ATP players like Djokovic and others took inspiration from this and they also started to believe that they can beat Fedrer and today even Julien Benneteau was able to beat Federer. Now I am seeing Vika doing the same to Serena in WTA as Nadal did to Federer in ATP, which I think overall good for tennis. But all this theory holds good only if Azarenka can again beat Serena in Dubai if both play again. What you guys think?
No way is Vika to Serena anything like Nadal to Fed. Serena did play poorly and it was quite a low quality match for a long time until maybe half way through the 2nd set when both had glimpses of playing well enough to win it. Henin was the player who could take on Serena and beat her especially on clay so if anything she had the quality in her game reminiscent of Nadal vs Federer.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #20
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

i think we've heard this one before.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #21
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

It's true. She was nowhere near her best.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #22
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about with racquet in hand but as usual she was 2 out of 10 for sportsmanship afterwards. She's never been a good loser but then you could say she's not had enough practice at it.
bobito is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:05 AM   #23
country flag b2b

b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
actually vika is more of a female equivalent of Djokovic these days .There have long been dicussions about their similarity in game tactic and style.

Yea, Serena is in the similar situation as Roger today,but not the Rafa/Roger Rivalry with vika. Rafa beated down Roger in his arguably prime and dominated for a while.You could say Sarin is the female Roger since they both have the strongest sevice-drive game but it's almost impossible to find a female version of Rafa with that beastly topspin FH and superb movement.

for god sake,vika only legitimately beated Sarin once when Sarin was a bit off-form. This happens to Roger too,like the OG final,he just couldn't perform.
b2b is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #24
country flag Alarmed

Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
I don't know about with racquet in hand but as usual she was 2 out of 10 for sportsmanship afterwards. She's never been a good loser but then you could say she's not had enough practice at it.
She congratulated Vika and commended her for a match well played. What else do you want from her? Serena did not play well and she was asked to assess her play and she gave her honest opinion. By your standards Vika is definitely no angel in losing either.

Oldest #1 in WTA history
Alarmed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #25
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
No way is Vika to Serena anything like Nadal to Fed. Serena did play poorly and it was quite a low quality match for a long time until maybe half way through the 2nd set when both had glimpses of playing well enough to win it. Henin was the player who could take on Serena and beat her especially on clay so if anything she had the quality in her game reminiscent of Nadal vs Federer.
I agree with everything you just said. I'm SO interested to see their next match.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #26
country flag yashwanth

yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2b View Post
actually vika is more of a female equivalent of Djokovic these days .There have long been dicussions about their similarity in game tactic and style.

Yea, Serena is in the similar situation as Roger today,but not the Rafa/Roger Rivalry with vika. Rafa beated down Roger in his arguably prime and dominated for a while.You could say Sarin is the female Roger since they both have the strongest sevice-drive game but it's almost impossible to find a female version of Rafa with that beastly topspin FH and superb movement.

for god sake,vika only legitimately beated Sarin once when Sarin was a bit off-form. This happens to Roger too,like the OG final,he just couldn't perform.
No i am not saying Vika is female version of Nadal and for that matter I wont compare any WTA player with any ATP player. If that comparision holds good then we wont be seeing these many boring matches in WTA. I am just comparing the situation.Also I said that this might be true only if it repeats again say may be in next probable final between these two in Dubai.
yashwanth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #27
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

I had respect for Serena why can't she accept she lost?
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #28
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

And she does it again
20% you say?

She must be the tennis' worst sport.
How people can say that her sportsmanship is impeccable is beyond me.

Last edited by JAS_ : Feb 18th, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #29
country flag yashwanth

yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKA-GOAT View Post
I had respect for Serena why can't she accept she lost?
Because she cant belive that will happen (and actually happened) especially against Vika and Masha
yashwanth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #30
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

Her words is the law.