Serena: I stayed at a two out of a 10, and I can't play that low.'' - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #136
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena: I stayed at a two out of a 10, and I can't play that low.''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
It wasn't important It didn't change my statement at all
So that was Serena's best against Vika in the Doha final? Because that is what my sentence was stating.

So theoretically if you weren't obsessed with hating Serena it WOULD HAVE changed your statement.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #137
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Will2 View Post
So that was Serena's best against Vika in the Doha final? Because that is what my sentence was stating.

So theoretically if you weren't obsessed with hating Serena it WOULD HAVE changed your statement.
WTF!? How to not follow a conversation AND be wrong 3 times in 2 lines It wasn't her best against Vika, I never said it was, in fact I said about 3 times by now that her weapon wasn't at its best.

And no that wouldn't change my statement whatsoever!?
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #138
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
WTF!? How to not follow a conversation AND be wrong 3 times in 2 lines It wasn't her best against Vika, I never said it was, in fact I said about 3 times by now that her weapon wasn't at its best.

And no that wouldn't change my statement whatsoever!?
ok.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #139
country flag End da Game

End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilas. View Post
I see no lies. Her serve deserted her at crucial moments, and lazy footwork made her leak errors. She needs to play better than that. Azarenka took full advantage and played at a very high level in that third set and deserved to win, definitely.
her serve and overall game was still better than that match against kvitova which truly a 2/10 performance
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #140
Tech1

Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute

QATAR TOTAL OPEN
february 17, 2013
serena Williams
DOHA, QATAR

V. AZARENKA/S. Williams
7‑6, 2‑6, 6‑3

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Overall impressions? I mean, it seemed like a fairly good quality match for the fans and everything even though it didn't go your direction.
SERENA WILLIAMS: It seemed like good quality to you?

Q. For the fans to watch.
SERENA WILLIAMS: What about to you?

Q. To me?
SERENA WILLIAMS: On my end, it probably wasn't the best quality. (Smiling.)

Q. You had a lot of unforced errors.
SERENA WILLIAMS: I made so many errors. It was just weird. I mean...

Q. 48.
SERENA WILLIAMS: 48? Oh, my gosh. That's so many.
My serve, oh, my gosh, it was just one of those days. I'm having too many of those days. I've got to cut them out.

Q. I mean, in terms of the unforced errors, it seemed like you cut them way down in the second set, but then they kind of creeped back.
SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah.

Q. What was happening out there?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't know. Like I just ‑‑this whole week I just don't think I played my best tennis, and, you know, I was fighting every match. Then I was just really excited to make it to the final with the game I was playing all week.
You know, I can't play that quality game against a top player like Victoria. I have to be able to pick up my game, and I wasn't able to do that today. I stayed at a 2 out of a 10, and I can't play that low.

Q. Taking all that out of the picture, was there something she did differently this time? I mean, obviously you had a 11‑1 and you won the last 9 prior.
SERENA WILLIAMS: I think, you know, she always plays consistent every time I play her. I think, you know, she played well. I think she played really well today. I think she really moved well.
But it's good. Honestly I feel great. I feel like there is so much more I can work on, and there's so much room for improvement for me, so the fact that that's still available is really exciting.

Q. Did you feel though that the crowd was into it? I know in the past, I know when you came here in 2009, it wasn't as well attended. They seemed very enthusiastic.
SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, they were really in it. There were so many "Serena" signs up, and there were so many people cheering, and, you know, unfortunately I couldn't pull my game together today.
But for the most part, I think it was a great event for the fans. It was awesome.

Q. Obviously Sandy said there was obviously a one‑sided rivalry before, but do you sense a rivalry beginning? It seemed like on court you were having really good rapport. Is that something you would look forward to, having someone you could battle with all the time, win some, lose some?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I always respect Victoria. I think she's a really good player. Obviously she's so consistent and she plays well. She's just a ‑‑she's like a solid player.
It's nice to always play someone that you go home and you're like, Okay, I didn't do great, but let me work harder.
I think that, you know, she inspires I think a lot of people to work harder, and definitely me.

Q. Without taking anything away from a good match and a good performance by Victoria, do you, to some extent, feel you did the main job that you came here to do, which was to...
SERENA WILLIAMS: Again, I think Victoria played really well today. I think she did everything she was doing. I can't say that I'm depressed like I am whenever I lose. I'm definitely not happy, but I'm No. 1. (Smiling.)
I never thought ‑‑it was such a long journey, and after winning Wimbledon and the US Open and the Championships, I thought, I just don't think I can win anymore. I don't know what it takes to be No. 1.
So it was awesome to come here and achieve that goal. Honestly, the way the week started out, I was really‑‑ I wasn't sure I would get there. I thought, you know, maybe I won't make it.
But I did, and I feel like ‑‑ I know it sounds a little bit redundant, but never‑give‑up kind of attitude, never give in.
I think that attitude really helped me for this whole journey in the past two years to continue and to just keep fighting even when things looked horrible in the personal life or in the professional life. You've just got to stay positive and never give up.

Q. Do you feel your physical condition improved as the week went on?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Definitely. In the first round I couldn't breathe. After one point I was so sick, I was like, I can't breathe.
I remember talking to Patrick. I'm like, I'm just not able to breathe after two points.
Each match that went on, I got better. And today I was fine. I felt like I could run and I was completely fine. So that was one good positive out of it.

Q. Obviously with Vika winning today, it extends the battle for No. 1 into next week. How does that feel, knowing that now you're going to have to defend that No. 1 in Dubai?
SERENA WILLIAMS: It's fine. I mean, you know, it's definitely something that I'm looking to do, I guess, if not ‑‑I don't know. I can't go in every week trying to do it. I feel like, you know, I'm just gonna really at this point put my focus on the Grand Slams.
Tech1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #141
country flag Bayo

Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute

Serena is hyper critical of her game. Always has been. She also respects Vika, and they seem to really get along.

I'm not biting any manufactured drama.
Serena's game is like the limitation of the spirit to it's very basic elements, sleep (or the process of going to sleep), eat, rerun [...] the two first, all and absolutely unnecessary to a person's life just like Serena's game is to tennis are often overpraised for whatever reasons in certain close-minded brain-broken societies.
Bayo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #142
country flag End da Game

End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashwanth View Post
I am having this weird resemblance with Federer situation against Nadal few years ago. Few years ago Federe dominated ATP like Serena dominating WTA these years by almost winning every tournament he enters. Then Nadal came and started to defeat Federer first on Clay and then on hard and then on Grass even. So the remaining ATP players like Djokovic and others took inspiration from this and they also started to believe that they can beat Fedrer and today even Julien Benneteau was able to beat Federer. Now I am seeing Vika doing the same to Serena in WTA as Nadal did to Federer in ATP, which I think overall good for tennis. But all this theory holds good only if Azarenka can again beat Serena in Dubai if both play again. What you guys think?
Federer was losing to nadal on clay right from the very start, but he still went on dominating on other surfaces throughout his prime years. It was not until wimbly 2008 that nadal got his first major non-clay win over him, and as I remember federer already started losing to other players on hard courts several months before that wimbledon final, so to put the cause on nadal is a bit of a stretch.
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 01:36 AM   #143
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say more like 6 out of 10, on the energy scale.

But it's all good. It helps Azarenka's confidence, it helps Serena's motivation.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 04:34 AM   #144
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by taloki View Post
Obviously. Sarin speaks the truth.

20% Serena loses to Caro in straights: 4-6 4-6.

20% Serena loses to Vika in a tight three-setter: 6-7(6) 6-2 3-6.

Caro > Vika
And a 10% Serena won only 2 games vs Peak Pierce : http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=22207, so to state the obvious, Peak Pierce >>>> Gen Suck.

- Li Na

(after dramatic 3-set AO 2013 final, where she took 2 nasty spills and twisted her ankle).
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #145
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech1 View Post
QATAR TOTAL OPEN
february 17, 2013
serena Williams
DOHA, QATAR

V. AZARENKA/S. Williams
7‑6, 2‑6, 6‑3

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Overall impressions? I mean, it seemed like a fairly good quality match for the fans and everything even though it didn't go your direction.
SERENA WILLIAMS: It seemed like good quality to you?

Q. For the fans to watch.
SERENA WILLIAMS: What about to you?

Q. To me?
SERENA WILLIAMS: On my end, it probably wasn't the best quality. (Smiling.)

Q. You had a lot of unforced errors.
SERENA WILLIAMS: I made so many errors. It was just weird. I mean...

Q. 48.
SERENA WILLIAMS: 48? Oh, my gosh. That's so many.
My serve, oh, my gosh, it was just one of those days. I'm having too many of those days. I've got to cut them out.

Q. I mean, in terms of the unforced errors, it seemed like you cut them way down in the second set, but then they kind of creeped back.
SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah.

Q. What was happening out there?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't know. Like I just ‑‑this whole week I just don't think I played my best tennis, and, you know, I was fighting every match. Then I was just really excited to make it to the final with the game I was playing all week.
You know, I can't play that quality game against a top player like Victoria. I have to be able to pick up my game, and I wasn't able to do that today. I stayed at a 2 out of a 10, and I can't play that low.

Q. Taking all that out of the picture, was there something she did differently this time? I mean, obviously you had a 11‑1 and you won the last 9 prior.
SERENA WILLIAMS: I think, you know, she always plays consistent every time I play her. I think, you know, she played well. I think she played really well today. I think she really moved well.
But it's good. Honestly I feel great. I feel like there is so much more I can work on, and there's so much room for improvement for me, so the fact that that's still available is really exciting.

Q. Did you feel though that the crowd was into it? I know in the past, I know when you came here in 2009, it wasn't as well attended. They seemed very enthusiastic.
SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, they were really in it. There were so many "Serena" signs up, and there were so many people cheering, and, you know, unfortunately I couldn't pull my game together today.
But for the most part, I think it was a great event for the fans. It was awesome.

Q. Obviously Sandy said there was obviously a one‑sided rivalry before, but do you sense a rivalry beginning? It seemed like on court you were having really good rapport. Is that something you would look forward to, having someone you could battle with all the time, win some, lose some?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I always respect Victoria. I think she's a really good player. Obviously she's so consistent and she plays well. She's just a ‑‑she's like a solid player.
It's nice to always play someone that you go home and you're like, Okay, I didn't do great, but let me work harder.
I think that, you know, she inspires I think a lot of people to work harder, and definitely me.

Q. Without taking anything away from a good match and a good performance by Victoria, do you, to some extent, feel you did the main job that you came here to do, which was to...
SERENA WILLIAMS: Again, I think Victoria played really well today. I think she did everything she was doing. I can't say that I'm depressed like I am whenever I lose. I'm definitely not happy, but I'm No. 1. (Smiling.)
I never thought ‑‑it was such a long journey, and after winning Wimbledon and the US Open and the Championships, I thought, I just don't think I can win anymore. I don't know what it takes to be No. 1.
So it was awesome to come here and achieve that goal. Honestly, the way the week started out, I was really‑‑ I wasn't sure I would get there. I thought, you know, maybe I won't make it.
But I did, and I feel like ‑‑ I know it sounds a little bit redundant, but never‑give‑up kind of attitude, never give in.
I think that attitude really helped me for this whole journey in the past two years to continue and to just keep fighting even when things looked horrible in the personal life or in the professional life. You've just got to stay positive and never give up.

Q. Do you feel your physical condition improved as the week went on?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Definitely. In the first round I couldn't breathe. After one point I was so sick, I was like, I can't breathe.
I remember talking to Patrick. I'm like, I'm just not able to breathe after two points.
Each match that went on, I got better. And today I was fine. I felt like I could run and I was completely fine. So that was one good positive out of it.

Q. Obviously with Vika winning today, it extends the battle for No. 1 into next week. How does that feel, knowing that now you're going to have to defend that No. 1 in Dubai?
SERENA WILLIAMS: It's fine. I mean, you know, it's definitely something that I'm looking to do, I guess, if not ‑‑I don't know. I can't go in every week trying to do it. I feel like, you know, I'm just gonna really at this point put my focus on the Grand Slams.
Thank you for posting Serena's complete remarks! I still don't know why tennis "fans" want players to fill post-match interviews with compliments. I would rather hear honest thoughts, warts and all.

HOWEVER, you know that some people are just looking for some stick with which to beat Serena. They hate her so much because she is still around, still beating their faves. And then the trolls. It gets old. It really does.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #146
country flag Sam L
blue swan

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post
They hate her so much because she is still around, still beating their faves.
Of course, they're pressed.

In the mood for love of Clio & Urania
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #147
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

There's always something extremely edifying about being lectured by Serena fans on good posting etiquette
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #148
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
There's always something extremely edifying about being lectured by Serena fans on good posting etiquette
I know, the epitome of ironic!
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #149
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayo View Post
Serena is hyper critical of her game. Always has been. She also respects Vika, and they seem to really get along.

I'm not biting any manufactured drama.
This, but some will never understand it. When your a perfectionist, you can understand it and know exactly whats she's talking about.
Or even when you have a gram of competitiveness in your soul. But some just don't get it.

49-6
Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #150
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

No worries, lil sis. It wasn't a slam final and you still snatched back the #1 ranking.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote