Sloane: "It's really tough week in and week out playing perfect tennis" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #1
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future
Sloane: "It's really tough week in and week out playing perfect tennis"

Sloane

Needs to relax and start playing tennis again.

Quote:
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) -- Sloane Stephens lost in the first round of the Dubai Championship on Monday, the latest setback for the rising American star who reached the Australian Open semifinals.
Stephens, who has reached a career high 16th in the rankings since knocking out Serena Williams in Melbourne, lost to Sorana Cirstea of Romania 5-7, 6-3, 6-2.

"It was a rough day, and I think she obviously played some good tennis," Stephens said. "Every match isn't going to go the way you want it, and obviously I got a little frustrated. Things happen, but, I mean, no need to dwell on it."

Some of her recent woes can be blamed on health problems. She pulled out of the Fed Cup against Italy this month after aggravating an abdominal muscle injury and picking up a stomach virus.

Still, Stephens said little has changed from Australia and she hasn't let all the hype get the best of her.

"Obviously it's really tough week in and week out playing perfect tennis and just really being able to execute," Stephens said. "Some days you're going to be on the court and it's not just going to turn out the way you want. Like today, I didn't play my best tennis, and last week I didn't play my best tennis, but you just kind of got to move on."
The 18-year-old Putintseva broke into the top 100 just this month. Down 5-2 in the third set, the 43rd-ranked Robson rallied to force a tiebreaker, but Putintseva finally clinched the victory when Robson hit a return wide.
"I think in general it was a frustrating match," Robson said. "It was just annoying for me, because I feel like I have been practicing a little bit better this week, and to come out on court and just feel very, very defensive the majority of the match is really disappointing."

Last edited by shoparound : Feb 19th, 2013 at 01:43 AM.
shoparound is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #2
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane: "Obviously it's really tough week in and week out playing perfect tennis"

The bolded statement is true. But the best players find a way to win when they're not playing their best.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #3
country flag Tenis Srbija

Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane: "Obviously it's really tough week in and week out playing perfect tennis"

It's is, especially when you can't.

Twitter

Instagram
Tenis Srbija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #4
SerenaSlam

SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future

When did or was she playing "perfect tennis"? perfection gets you titles. She needs a rep handling her interviews. Oh wait, that would mean she professionally has taken the next step....nevermind.

Let The Word....Do the Work...

Speak over YOURSELF...

Follow Me! @CedricEarl
SerenaSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #5
country flag antonella

antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute

She must have been referring to Steffi Graf.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #6
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaSlam View Post
When did or was she playing "perfect tennis"? perfection gets you titles. She needs a rep handling her interviews. Oh wait, that would mean she professionally has taken the next step....nevermind.

THIS!!!! You literally took the words outta my mouth She needs to learn to play down expectations, stay humble, talk less & learn to play perfect tennis
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #7
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of The Empress' famous quote "Its hard to be a woman on the tour"
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #8
country flag Kairi

Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute

Kairi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #9
country flag Alarmed

Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future

Yes, it is tough for the top players to play perfect tennis week in and week out, Sloane. Explains some of your wins.

Oldest #1 in WTA history
Alarmed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 01:20 AM   #10
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K.B. View Post
+1
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 01:45 AM   #11
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmed View Post
Yes, it is tough for the top players to play perfect tennis week in and week out, Sloane. Explains some of your wins.
not nice

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 02:03 AM   #12
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roookie View Post
Reminds me of The Empress' famous quote "Its hard to be a woman on the tour"
Weren't you stanning hard for her a couple of day's ago?

Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 02:09 AM   #13
country flag JRena

JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of

Is her career going the way of Oudin already?
JRena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #14
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 02:22 AM   #15
country flag Serenus Christ

Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmed View Post
read for FILTH!