Serena: I stayed at a two out of a 10, and I can't play that low.'' - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:01 AM   #1
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
Serena: I stayed at a two out of a 10, and I can't play that low.''

Her words after the final match in Doha, a sore loser or perhaps some truth in her words? Not at her best, but still Serena beat quality players in Doha and managed to take 2 times GS champion Azarenka to 3 sets in the final.

If so, can she play at a higher level in Dubai?

Discuss

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #2
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena: I stayed at a two out of a 10, and I can't play that low.''

If she'd played at 2/10 Vika wouldn't have lost more than a couple of games to her .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #3
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course she can play better, sounds motivated to do so too.

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:05 AM   #4
country flag Gilas.

Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute

I see no lies. Her serve deserted her at crucial moments, and lazy footwork made her leak errors. She needs to play better than that. Azarenka took full advantage and played at a very high level in that third set and deserved to win, definitely.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #5
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Any sign of the ankle injury totally gone?

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:12 AM   #6
country flag L'Enfant Sauvage

L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Vika

YASS you mathematic Queen, breaking her game down into percentages AND fractions

Anyway, it's obvious hyperbole after a tough loss. The only thing really close to 2/10 was the serve... Serena can win when the serve isn't winning her boatloads of free points, but when the serve is a liability in and of itself, like it has been in the past three days? She might want to consult Lena D about that

And are you really curious about our thoughts on her play, or just want a bash thread open?

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
L'Enfant Sauvage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #7
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

Sarin.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #8
country flag taloki

taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of

Obviously. Sarin speaks the truth.

20% Serena loses to Caro in straights: 4-6 4-6.

20% Serena loses to Vika in a tight three-setter: 6-7(6) 6-2 3-6.

Caro > Vika
taloki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:35 AM   #9
country flag b2b

b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold

always the figure of speech to me

yeah she could say 50, 60% but does that really make a huge difference?

2-11 that's 20% more likely
b2b is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #10
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Serena
Just when you thought her post-loss-comments couldn't get any better

Quote:
Originally Posted by taloki View Post
Obviously. Sarin speaks the truth.

20% Serena loses to Caro in straights: 4-6 4-6.

20% Serena loses to Vika in a tight three-setter: 6-7(6) 6-2 3-6.

Caro > Vika

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #11
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

The only time i saw her really praise herself was against Kirilenko. Usually she rates her performance 7/10. Her Wimbledon was around 40% so this performance is definitely lower than that.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #12
country flag Alarmed

Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future

Vika played well, but as always this match was on Serena's racket. She had 21 more winners than Azarenka (51 to 30 for Azarenka) and leaked about 50 UEs. You can't win a match hitting 48 UEs. Not against a player who is going to give you far fewer UEs like Azarenka. Also why she lost to Wozniacki in Miami last year.

Oldest #1 in WTA history
Alarmed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #13
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Next time pls play your 20% vs Sharapova .... i will be OK with your post match "I stayed at a 0,03 out of a 10, and I can't play that low."

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Feb 18th, 2013 at 06:53 AM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:45 AM   #14
country flag hERi

hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice

Vika also told me that she played at a 1.5 out of a 10...so what?? losers complain, winners....
hERi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #15
country flag yashwanth

yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
Her words after the final match in Doha, a sore loser or perhaps some truth in her words? Not at her best, but still Serena beat quality players in Doha and managed to take 2 times GS champion Azarenka to 3 sets in the final.

If so, can she play at a higher level in Dubai?

Discuss
I am having this weird resemblance with Federer situation against Nadal few years ago. Few years ago Federe dominated ATP like Serena dominating WTA these years by almost winning every tournament he enters. Then Nadal came and started to defeat Federer first on Clay and then on hard and then on Grass even. So the remaining ATP players like Djokovic and others took inspiration from this and they also started to believe that they can beat Fedrer and today even Julien Benneteau was able to beat Federer. Now I am seeing Vika doing the same to Serena in WTA as Nadal did to Federer in ATP, which I think overall good for tennis. But all this theory holds good only if Azarenka can again beat Serena in Dubai if both play again. What you guys think?
yashwanth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote