Mirjana 2013: live matches - Page 130 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 16th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #1936
country flag Graf~Dokic

Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana 2013: live matches

Mirjana

It was 5-7 6-3 2-6 in the end.

Mona Barthel - Karolina Šprem
Daniela Hantuchová - Yaroslava Shvedova
Petra Cetkovská - Mirjana Lučić - Ivana Lisjak
Graf~Dokic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 16th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #1937
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Another nervous match from Miki, albeit against a very tough first round opponent, at least for this draw. She'll be annoyed with her lack of success on so many BP opps. Yikes. I mean, if KP was not even giving her a look at breaking serve, that's one thing, but you can't let over a dozen chances slip away. A bit mental.

This was winnable, if her own serve had been better. She ought to have taken it by at least a 7-6 6-3 score. Hopefully Prpic will help her figure out what she's doing wrong, mentally, on BP opps and consolidation opps. Then again, if he could figure THAT out, he'd be inundated with offers by 99% of the women on the WTA.

Oh well, Miki hadn't "counted" on this event to begin with. It's too bad she didn't make much of her wild card, but she got a tough three setter against a girl who's playing good tennis right now, obviously, and she's still in the doubles. Let's see if she can redeem the week therein and maybe come out with a few good wins in Poiters. I'll be interested to find out today if she will stay to play Dubai (or even Egypt?! Can't believe they are hosting a $75K in Sharm el-Sheik with all the upheaval. THAT might be a weak weak weak draw. Speaking as a person who's traveled to Egypt a number of times, I wouldn't be heading over there right now.)

There's also a $50K in Florida the week after Barnstaple. Wonder if Miki will pack it up there, in a last-ditch effort to finish Top 100. If she sustains early losses the rest of this Euro-trip, she ought to play as much as she can to guarantee at least an unofficial Top 100 finish for 2013.

Good luck, MLB.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 08:48 AM   #1938
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

2-0.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 08:51 AM   #1939
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

broken 2-1.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 08:54 AM   #1940
country flag SERVivor

seeing the trainer for some reason.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 09:04 AM   #1941
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Retires due to a medical issue. Too bad, start seemed quite nice. Hope she comes back soon.
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 09:05 AM   #1942
country flag SERVivor

Retired. She wasn't moving the last game at all.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 09:09 AM   #1943
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come, wtf?
This always happens when she finds some form.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 10:39 AM   #1944
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Disaster
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 10:44 AM   #1945
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

My guess would be she pulled out a muscle or something in the 4th game, cause until then everything seemed fine and in the second to last point of that game Hradecka shot a good, long forehand across and got Mirjana to run for it so far she went outside the camera shot. So we can't know what happened in that moment, but afterwards in the next point she didn't attempt to run for the DTL by Hradecka and went into the locker room for a medical time-out. In the following (last) game she basically just served.

Last edited by ma re : Oct 22nd, 2013 at 12:11 PM.
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 01:56 PM   #1946
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Ah, crap. Crap crap crap crap.

She could have done well, obviously. But better to wait it out with two more tournaments left to try than injure herself and miss a long stretch of time.

And Watson edged McHale, too. I know Miki could have beaten Watson on this surface in straight sets. And LL Dubois moves on with the Giorgi absence ... Really good chance for a QF here for Miki.

Guess she's out of doubles, too? Poor Miki. Can't be much fun to do all the travel & practice and then pull up lame.

But, she's getting older. The injuries only come more frequently.

Still has a title to show for her European visit (Hooray!) and two events left that she will presumably attempt to play. I don't see her boomeranging back to Tokyo or Dubai after returning to Florida.

The draw in Barnstaple is not that strong. She needs some wins or the Aussie Open MD berth is not a "sure thing."

Too bad on the injury, Miki. End of the year bad luck :-(
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 03:56 PM   #1947
country flag SERVivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
My guess would be she pulled out a muscle or something in the 4th game, cause until then everything seemed fine and in the second to last point of that game Hradecka shot a good, long forehand across and got Mirjana to run for it so far she went outside the camera shot. So we can't know what happened in that moment, but afterwards in the next point she didn't attempt to run for the DTL by Hradecka and went into the locker room for a medical time-out. In the following (last) game she basically just served.
She actually took the time out before the 4th game. It was unusual in that the trainer came over to the chair, then Miki left the court to I presume get treatment. Usually, they work on the player right there by the chair. Miki came back to court and Hradecka served the game you mentioned where she pulled Miki very wide and Miki stopped running. It could be she was sick and not injured. I hope so. She can recover from that faster than and injury.