Mirjana 2013: live matches - Page 121 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 13th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #1801
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana 2013: live matches

Kerkhove now winning against Riske, maybe Mirjana's draw was not easy as we thought.
Btw, Pliskova won Linz in doubles!
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 13th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #1802
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

tennis really is a game where one point can matter so much more than it would seem. If she'd lost that match point against Hesse, who knows what it would have done to the rest of her year. Now, she's won a tournament and has to be filled with confidence and her form is right and she has momentum for next week.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #1803
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Serve stats. were amazing in SF and F..I hope somethign will be there for Poiters as well
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #1804
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

a win for Miki is truly a win for all her dedicated fans! I don't care if it's a $50K, there are some special things about this:

the Challenger circuit has gotten more and more fiercely competitive even since three years ago,with hungry veterans and determined newcomers vying for points. It says a lot, to me, that Lucic wasn't able to win even an ITF singles title up to now.

Miki had been playing some awful tennis up til now and was really supposed to be out of this event in the QF, but came back from match point.

Not only is Miki the "last woman standing" at the end of a tournament week, this is her FIRST tournament win at the $50K level!

This fine week will inspire her for another entire year to go out there and do her best and try to get those wins.

She really, really, REALLY needed this boost!
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #1805
ajmo!

I mean if she can finish in top 100 in singles and top 50 in doubles that is big!
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #1806
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Plus, she gets to put a well-earned singles tournament trophy under the Christmas tree this year! I hope it was big enough to at least use as a dish for Christmas candy! Maybe the best part -- she gets to go home after this trip with a tournament win to show all her friends and family as the holidays begin!

Nothing to lose, now. Limoges -- she was supposed to have the week off, so mentally she could enter this like it's the icing on the cake. And solid serving the next three weeks could very well secure her OZ Open MD direct-entry, as well as that coveted year-end finish in the Top 100.

What an encouraging turn of events for MLB at the end of 2013
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #1807
country flag mikireturns

I almost forgot! Can ANYONE find any pictures of Miki with her trophy!??!

We never get to see Miki with singles trophies since her comeback (if ever?). Someone must have taken one!

This is Miki's 4th ITF singles tittle of her entire career. Pretty special, at 31. Sixth singles win counting the two WTAs in her teens. Hooray, MIiki! Have fun fun fun with the rest of the indoor events! See what you can do before Christmas!
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #1808
ajmo!

http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/T...quettes/Tennis

They should post it here.

Until that happens here photo from Midland
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #1809
country flag mikireturns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
I mean if she can finish in top 100 in singles and top 50 in doubles that is big!
Yes. If this happens, she will know beyond a shadow of doubt that she is totally in the right direction. I think, with a tournament win today, she already knows, but Top 100 is attainable if she really keeps her focus and enjoys her momentum.

VERY good idea to go to Europe for these Autumn indoor events!
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #1810
country flag mikireturns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/T...quettes/Tennis

They should post it here.

Until that happens here photo from Midland
Thanks! I remember seeing the dubs from this win streamed, and that was a nice moment (Miki was very happy!) but I also remember thinking, "Why the hell does Czink look so constipated?" during the trophy ceremony. Here again, she is the only one not smiling. She looks like a deer caught in the headlights of a car at night. Must be a shy girl.

Already thinking of Pliskova, but think Miki can take her and she will be "up" for the first match, having come right off a tournament win. I think maybe I'd worry more about the second match ... But the draw looks inviting in Nantes.

Imagine Miki against the talented young Konjuh-girl. Wooooooooooo ...
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #1811
country flag mikireturns

Reading the article from La Nouvelle Republique, it's obvious how very much aware was Miki concerning the importance of this match. Yes -- she was apparently testy during this event and it came to a boil during the Hesse drama. She pissed off the "crowd" and Amandine with a complaining episode (too bad for YOU, Amandine!).

She was also very forthright about how her year has gone: "I'm feeling well, physically ... and was pleased to close it out with a couple,of aces in that last game. My [singles] results haven't been so great this year. This is my first final in a long time. Thus, I don't want to screw-up." (Basically)

And she didn't. Looking forward to seeing the report and hearing her thoughts in the next report. At least good sports journalism remains thorough, alive, and well in France.

Heh! The French. Mirjana is "The big, lanky blonde." So French.
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #1812
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Czink looks like she's from the same Czek cybourg factory that produced Lendl.
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #1813
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats lady! Proud of her
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #1814
country flag SERVivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
Reading the article from La Nouvelle Republique, it's obvious how very much aware was Miki concerning the importance of this match. Yes -- she was apparently testy during this event and it came to a boil during the Hesse drama. She pissed off the "crowd" and Amandine with a complaining episode (too bad for YOU, Amandine!).

She was also very forthright about how her year has gone: "I'm feeling well, physically ... and was pleased to close it out with a couple,of aces in that last game. My [singles] results haven't been so great this year. This is my first final in a long time. Thus, I don't want to screw-up." (Basically)

And she didn't. Looking forward to seeing the report and hearing her thoughts in the next report. At least good sports journalism remains thorough, alive, and well in France.

Heh! The French. Mirjana is "The big, lanky blonde." So French.
Good for her for overcoming the hostile environment. They tried to screw Mirjana with the scheduling. She played late Thurs. evening against Kerkhove, then she had to play a pretty early match against Hesse the next day. Then they get on her case for showing some emotion. Typical French crowd. Always trying to get in the head of the non-French player.

The French do seem to cover tennis pretty thoroughly, even smaller events. Too bad their crowds don't act as professionally as their tennis journalists.
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #1815
country flag mikireturns

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
Czink looks like she's from the same Czek cybourg factory that produced Lendl.
"The Bride of Lendlstein" ... Yeah, you just have to picture the castle and the dark & stormy night for yourself.

Probably a really sweet kid -- it took Navratilova years to smile. She still does so only rarely.