Maria's fastest serves - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #1
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Maria's fastest serves

There's a thread in GM about the 10 fastest serves ever. Does anybody know what's Maria's fastest serve?

In 2012, I think that the fastest was an ace down the T against Vika in the Stuttgart final: 186 kmh. But I may be wrong!

Has she ever hit a 190 kmh serve?

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #2
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: Maria's fastest serves

In wikipedia it says her fastest serve was 121 mph which is 195 km that was in Birmingham 2010
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #3
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Shoulderpova in her worst year hit her fastest serve I don't think I've ever seen her hit a 190 kmh though.. I wish she could add those extra 10 kmh on her first serve. She could win more free points with it!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #4
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
Shoulderpova in her worst year hit her fastest serve I don't think I've ever seen her hit a 190 kmh though.. I wish she could add those extra 10 kmh on her first serve. She could win more free points with it!
I know it doesn't really make sense But the positioning of the serve is definitely better now and I was really glad to see those aces on the wide against Na this year (the only thing she did well in that match )
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #5
country flag JoPova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana R. View Post
I know it doesn't really make sense But the positioning of the serve is definitely better now and I was really glad to see those aces on the wide against Na this year (the only thing she did well in that match )
True! Placement is getting better and better. It would be great if she could improve her speed too. I'm not sure if this comes from building more muscles or adjusting her technique though

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #6
country flag PimpMePova

I wouldn't know I'm not good with this stuff because I don't play tennis but I'm guessing both
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #7
country flag slvr1969

slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all slvr1969 is a name known to all

SexyPova's 186kmh serve - is faster than my old car's top speed!!!
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #8
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

She hit around 190kph a couple of times at AO 07 too (another tournament where she had shoulder problems
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:04 AM   #9
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I think her fastest serves of 2012 were at the US Open, right? I remember she hit some in the 115-120mph region in the early rounds there.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:42 PM   #10
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Dsanders is correct. Her fastest serve last year was at USO, I was looking at her stats from the slams a week or two ago.

Her fastest serve (not really surpringly, if you think about it) came when she was adjusting her service motion the most. What she had for the grass season worked well, and definitely had more pace, which worked on grass, but grass only. When she got to the HCs that year, she lacked the precision serves, she struggled on serve a lot.