INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D - Page 84 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #1246
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Hunterpova seeks revenge!

Yeah I thought Kirilenko played really well, and some really aggressive play at times. Once she went a break down in the second though, you knew she was too tired to fight back. That's probably the toll of all those 3-setters, though.

Didn't serve well enough though.

Maria Sharapova: Always on Your Mind
AnnieIWillKnow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #1247
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
OMG. I can't believe it! My girl is back into a premier mandatory final! I really couldn't give less of a fuck what anyone has to say about it, I'm just so happy for her.
Really, huge congratulations. I watched Caro's match from the start (and had to turn off around 4-3 in the third set as it was something crazy like 4am) - my eyes quite literally were dead and I was so sleep depraved that my emotions for missing Masha's match live couldn't compare to my tiredness. But that second set was excellent from both, also hilarious were the moonball rallies/the dropshots/the pickups. I actually found that way more entertaining than the ATP matches that were previously on - which you can't say enough these days. I also think Kerber somehow managed/coached Caro's fh into play during that match. But Piotr needs to be gagged. Anyway congratulations to her for making a Premier final after her struggles (just as long as she doesn't stop our Masha from taking the title )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelpova View Post
So sad I missed this match, but it sounds and looks like she was on top form. I love when she plays clean in the latter stages of tournaments. The df's in the first set were so random, but once again she managed to balance them out with a huge amount of aces in the second She simply has to win this title mainly because I think she deserves it and although I like Caro as a player, if Masha commits one more fuck up like she did in Miami, AO then I will scream! Davai

Oh and world number 2

Last edited by Cosmic Voices : Mar 16th, 2013 at 10:50 AM.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #1248
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

I'm not really worried about the final. Wozniacki has won 2 of her last 14 matches vs Top 10 players (out of form Kerber and Stosur in a final ). I have no idea how she reached the final

Maria should get her revenge for that humiliating loss in 2011

If Maria doesn't win this, she might as well retire as soon as next week, because this would be worse than Miami 2012

I predict Maria in 2 sets.
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #1249
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Really, huge congratulations. I watched Caro's match from the start (and had to turn off around 4-3 in the third set as it was something crazy like 4am) - my eyes quite literally were dead and I was so sleep depraved that my emotions for missing Masha's match live couldn't compare to my tiredness.
I watched the whole Woz/Kerber match live. But I was emotionally so drained when it was over that I didn't stay up to watch the Masha match live. But I saw it on "catch up" at tennistv without knowing the result, and I think I enjoyed it more that way than if I had watched it live considering the state I was in.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #1250
Хлоэ
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute

please don't miss such a good chance for a title, Maria

TIPPING CALENDAR. WANT TO BE A MANAGER? JOIN US!
Хлоэ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #1251
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Other than some first set DFs and a bad break point conversion %, it was a solid performance by Maria. 29 winners/17 UFEs.

But her playing Caroline makes me so uneasy. The ingredients are there for Maria to lose. Woz counts on errors, DFs, free points, and a struggling return of serve when she plays Maria. And Maria has been very generous in first sets in those areas. If she comes out donating to her and handing games to Caroline, the match will get ugly for Maria. And I meant what I said earlier. A loss here would be more devastating than any I can remember because of Maria's long title drought and because Woz is someone she should beat easily.

Honestly, a big part of me wishes she was playing Vika or Serena on Sunday. I have an irrational fear of Caroline since 2010.
I am glad she will be playing against Caro in the final. Makes a change from the same old stuff. I don't think Maria will be that stupid as to gift games to Caro. She knows her game well and she will be going in to start being aggressive from the beginning. Apart from being a grinder, Caro doesn't really have any big weapons like Vika and Serena to threaten Maria. I have high hopes for Sunday and what is even better is I can watch it. Best chance ever for Maria.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #1252
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

I also think its an advantage to have played Caro so often in exhibitions
I mean, didn't Rory win more points than Caroline in New York?
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #1253
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

she was so diminant during the match, she took every opurtunity and make game on her way... and those fist pumps, c'mon, when she was angry at herself, everything was perfect
i donn't know why we had so many doubts about her
it was woth to woke up in 5 AM and watch her

next to pass, caro, c'mon
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #1254
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case anyone wants to know what Maria's camera message was
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #1255
Forever Sharapova.

that fh winner on mp point
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #1256
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
I also think its an advantage to have played Caro so often in exhibitions
I mean, didn't Rory win more points than Caroline in New York?
I don't think Caro's exho's are very meaningfull. I can't remember her ever playing a decent one. Whereas a Sharapova or Serena can hit winners and crowd pleasing shots with in a manner of speaking their hands in their pockets Caroline can't do that and needs the intensity of a 'real' match where it's all about the result to get herself going. Not that it matters. Maria is the favorite in this one by a huge margin.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #1257
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

6-2, 6-3 Masha FTT tomorrow
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #1258
Forever Sharapova.

I would just like to apologise for the disappearance of the IW Chat thread!

I was editing my first post and somehow deleted it instead
but it doesn't matter considering there's only one womens final and two mens SF to go.

Is there any point in making one again?

Anyway, I'll make a Miami chat thread when it comes around

Last edited by Cosmic Voices : Mar 16th, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #1259
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win over Kirilenko, Maria. This year in straight sets !

Final vs Caroline. Maria leads Head To Head 4-2. She should win Indian Wells title

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #1260
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Really happy for Maria, it's not every day that a player wins 10 sets in a row at IW.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote