INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D - Page 60 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 03:47 AM   #886
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Hunterpova seeks revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlion View Post
Errani has weapons but Maria won't give her time to bring them on.

1. Maria's pace is too much for Errani to absorb.

2. Time will be taken away from Errani due to the fact that Maria hits fast and with angles.

3. Errani's serve is too weak and attackable.
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 04:14 AM   #887
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
I predicted Vika to win this tournament w.o losing a set, but now that she is not in stellar form, I'm leaning more toward Petra to be honest.

10-2 in finals
Isn't this a Maria Sharapova page? - As far as I know Masha is the only one who hasn't lost a set so far - She has an even good chance to win this title as anyone else of the other players in the QF - More so now Radwanska is gone - Do drag your Kvitova predictions to the Kvitova page - Are you sure you belong in the Masha camp?
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #888
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Why are so many people in HERE saying Maria played/is playing like crap? Sure her serve went AWOL in the first set but she served brilliantly in the 2nd and finished the match with an ace for goodness sake. Her groundstrokes have been really solid. Today she had great depth for the most part - in the 2nd set in particular.

She hasn't dropped a set yet - unlike someone who most of y'all think is invincible (dropped a set to someone Maria recently DEMOLISHED). So I'm just wondering why it is there is such negativity in her own fcking thread of all places.

Let's WIN the tournament. That's what she's here to do and I see no reason why she cant do it.

So true
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #889
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Fell asleep and missed it
Well actually my sister turned my alarm off before it went off in time for Maria's match...

Nice to hear she picked it up in second.
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #890
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

maria's match against sara is today
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #891
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

First off, hi guys! I've survived my tennisforum banishment . Proud of myself for lasting 11 months without that happening .

Anyway, I had a FANTASTIC time today at Indian Wells. Everything about this tournament is honestly beautiful. The grounds, the courts, the scenery. The first thing I did when I got there was check the practice schedule and saw that Maria was practicing at that moment. I basically ran to her court and heard her before I saw her . Watched her practice returns for about 10 minutes and stared creepily before heading over to the Stadium.

It was honestly amazing how virtually every match I witnessed today featured players unable to serve out sets. First Mardy, who was 4-0 up in the second and flopped beautifully, then Grigor () who served 3 DFs and basically rolled over, then Kirilenko at 5-3 in the third, Barthel at 5-1 in the first, and Petrova 5-4 in the first. It was ridiculous.

Now Maria. Good God was that a horrid first set. She couldn't find the court AT ALL. Basically a BBB until Set 2. MUCH better in that set, as the scoreline indicates. It was a pleasure watching her play in person again after about 3 years, and can't wait to watch her again tomorrow night! :cheers:

The highlight for me was probably watching Radwanska lose ( Kirilenko on that match point), and avoiding Azarenka's match (saw a bit of her practice and Redfoo was just sitting there watching. Wanted to barf). I really thought Barthel would win after she won the first set (left to watch Andy after that) and was disappointed to see she lost in 3. And am I delusional or did Caroline play aggressive tennis against Nadia? Did I imagine it? In any case, can't wait to watch her QF against Vika on Thursday .

All in all, a truly fantastic day. I'm gonna try sneaking down to the lower level during the night matches tomorrow so I can get a closer view of Maria (and Novak ). Was able to do that tonight and it seems that security gives about as many fucks as Galina and Empress . The only negative thing I have to mention are the HUGE and terrifying moths that fly around at night. I was hit by a few (screamed at one point, ). We don't have bugs like that in NY .

I'll try posting pictures this weekend (I think I took like 200 today )
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #892
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreiter View Post
First off, hi guys! I've survived my tennisforum banishment . Proud of myself for lasting 11 months without that happening .

Anyway, I had a FANTASTIC time today at Indian Wells. Everything about this tournament is honestly beautiful. The grounds, the courts, the scenery. The first thing I did when I got there was check the practice schedule and saw that Maria was practicing at that moment. I basically ran to her court and heard her before I saw her . Watched her practice returns for about 10 minutes and stared creepily before heading over to the Stadium.

It was honestly amazing how virtually every match I witnessed today featured players unable to serve out sets. First Mardy, who was 4-0 up in the second and flopped beautifully, then Grigor () who served 3 DFs and basically rolled over, then Kirilenko at 5-3 in the third, Barthel at 5-1 in the first, and Petrova 5-4 in the first. It was ridiculous.

Now Maria. Good God was that a horrid first set. She couldn't find the court AT ALL. Basically a BBB until Set 2. MUCH better in that set, as the scoreline indicates. It was a pleasure watching her play in person again after about 3 years, and can't wait to watch her again tomorrow night! :cheers:

The highlight for me was probably watching Radwanska lose ( Kirilenko on that match point), and avoiding Azarenka's match (saw a bit of her practice and Redfoo was just sitting there watching. Wanted to barf). I really thought Barthel would win after she won the first set (left to watch Andy after that) and was disappointed to see she lost in 3. And am I delusional or did Caroline play aggressive tennis against Nadia? Did I imagine it? In any case, can't wait to watch her QF against Vika on Thursday .

All in all, a truly fantastic day. I'm gonna try sneaking down to the lower level during the night matches tomorrow so I can get a closer view of Maria (and Novak ). Was able to do that tonight and it seems that security gives about as many fucks as Galina and Empress . The only negative thing I have to mention are the HUGE and terrifying moths that fly around at night. I was hit by a few (screamed at one point, ). We don't have bugs like that in NY .

I'll try posting pictures this weekend (I think I took like 200 today )
I so envy you anyway nice summary, looks like you had packed day. How far did you sit from her? Was she as floopy during the practice as she was in the first set? How was her new hitting?
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 07:31 AM   #893
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
I so envy you anyway nice summary, looks like you had packed day. How far did you sit from her? Was she as floopy during the practice as she was in the first set? How was her new hitting?
Didn't sit close to her, but anything is better than Ashe . Will hopefully get up close tomorrow if I can sneak to the lower level. Unfortunately I didn't get to see much of her practice because access to her specific court was blocked off . Could only get about 50 feet away from her. Her returns seemed good in practice, although her hitting partner wasn't serving fast at her. I don't know, I think it was a combination of her never having played this girl before and just low energy in the beginning. Not enough "Come Ons!" and not enough patience. But she pulled it out in 2 and should reach the Semis with ease
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #894
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Hagatha is out AJDE

Defending champion in Miami
YAY

Another straight sets win for Masha. Great to see her tighten things up after that first set.
Andy. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #895
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Through to the QF's

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #896
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why are so many people in HERE saying Maria played/is playing like crap? Sure her serve went AWOL in the first set but she served brilliantly in the 2nd and finished the match with an ace for goodness sake. Her groundstrokes have been really solid. Today she had great depth for the most part - in the 2nd set in particular.

She hasn't dropped a set yet - unlike someone who most of y'all think is invincible (dropped a set to someone Maria recently DEMOLISHED). So I'm just wondering why it is there is such negativity in her own fcking thread of all places.

Let's WIN the tournament. That's what she's here to do and I see no reason why she cant do it.

The 2nd sets were good, she is playing better as the match goes, but when she meets someone actualy decent, she cant just gift them first set playing this crap.

She should have doublebageled all 3 opponents so far.

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #897
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Just woke up from a night long dance rave (neon paint in tow) at the Ministry of Sound.
Really tired but was totally amazing. Checked my livescore on my phone and she was at 5-5 (not again ) but she also won a bagel. So did she get progressively better as the match went on? Also heard about Vika's ankle, though I'd never wish injury upon anyone - if she wins IW on one leg I will scream. Genuinely predicted Kiri would take out Aga btw, especially after their Wimbledon epic. Petra seems to be on form lately

Also

Caro vs Vika has finally happened
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #898
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
The 2nd sets were good, she is playing better as the match goes, but when she meets someone actualy decent, she cant just gift them first set playing this crap.

She should have doublebageled all 3 opponents so far.

well, she did this in AO...how did it work out for her when she met first opponent, who was playing inspired tennis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #899
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

can I also say, Lachy's post is GOAT
and great summary post from IW mreiter
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #900
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
well, she did this in AO...how did it work out for her when she met first opponent, who was playing inspired tennis?
Exactly, there is no need to be this sharp and this good against every scrub, the job is done that's what matters most.
I'm sure she will step up against Petra in semis.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote