INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #706
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Hunterpova seeks revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Yep. I agree. She's not helping though with losses like those to Li in Melbourne.
It didn't help that her collarbone injury kept her out of Brisbane.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #707
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
It didn't help that her collarbone injury kept her out of Brisbane.
I agree with this. I think if everything had gone smoothly and she had played Brisbane the AO would have been much different for her (or if she had some more challenging opponents before the SF )
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #708
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
She shouldn't have ANY problems vs either Errani or Kuznetsova
yeah, Maria should kill Errani but Kuznetsova is dangerous

Anyway a loss before SF here would be a disaster

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #709
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
Really you guys think she'll only win 1-2 more slams
ONLY 1 or 2? I'd be jumping up and down and doing cartwheels if Maria won a couple of more majors in her career. To finish with 6 slams would cement her legacy as a legend of tennis. That's an impressive total not many have achieved.

But, as it stands now, I'll be Mr. Negativity again and say I don't think Maria will win another major, based on what I've seen. The way she's flopped time and time again against Serena, Vika, and Li Na points a dire picture about her chances. And there's still Petra, who is showing signs of improving again. If Maria had at least shown to be just reasonably competetive against those players in slams, I'd have more hope. But her continually getting destroyed by them leaves me with only doubt.

Maria could always hope for another dream draw like last year's French. Then she could squeeze out another major.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #710
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

I think she has the talent to win 4 more slams before retirement, but 1-2 is definitely more realistic. I really hope she ends up winning another slam soon! She deserves it and I want her to!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #711
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I don't know I'd give her 50% chance to win a slam this year if someone takes Serena out I like the way she's playing there's definitely room for improvement but I'm positive because I do see improvements in her game constantly even though we are so critical all the time. One example is her serve, she's improved tremendously in that department and she has only a few matches under her belt so I think it's too soon to judge. I just think she was really unlucky with the collarbone injury and that's why she's had kind of a slow start to the year and lost to Li...about the Serena loss I mean did anyone expect her to win (everybody got so depressed about it afterwards only because Vika won the next day) but it's a different match up and a different mind set Vika was hyped to beat Serena ever since the USO Final,while Maria hasn't had a three setter against Serena since 2008
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #712
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
ONLY 1 or 2? I'd be jumping up and down and doing cartwheels if Maria won a couple of more majors in her career. To finish with 6 slams would cement her legacy as a legend of tennis. That's an impressive total not many have achieved.

But, as it stands now, I'll be Mr. Negativity again and say I don't think Maria will win another major, based on what I've seen. The way she's flopped time and time again against Serena, Vika, and Li Na points a dire picture about her chances. And there's still Petra, who is showing signs of improving again. If Maria had at least shown to be just reasonably competetive against those players in slams, I'd have more hope. But her continually getting destroyed by them leaves me with only doubt.

Maria could always hope for another dream draw like last year's French. Then she could squeeze out another major.
I know that Maria hasn't beaten Serena in a while but the same can't be said about either Vika or Li or Petra.

If healthy, Maria's career is ahead of her not behind her because she has continued to imporve. Remember, a short two years ago this time Maria had just lost to Petkovic at AO and Razzano at Fed Cup.

The question is whether she'll stay healthy and how much longer will she play.
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #713
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
It's not easy to predict if and how many more slams she could win in the future.. But I don't think it's a thing you can be sure of, or rule out completely... There's so many variables, who knows. What I know is that I'll be happy whatever she wins because I'll root for her in every match I would be happy anyway if she ends up even with only 1 more slam
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #714
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
If only he were gay Then again, I don't know
Sorry, I guess that's the one area where we're not compatible.

But we'll always have Maria and the opportunity to bring smiles to others' faces with our incomparable knowledge on the ins and outs of her game.

Being the voices of reason can be a tough burden to bear.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #715
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

I really want her to win Wimbledon again... I don't see why she can't tbh.
heavyhorse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #716
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Yeah, I can see 2 more slams at least, maybe 3 ones, and she mentioned in Doha she might play until 32
Oh my
make this happen
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #717
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

I'm not going to defend my SS Drama Lama award this year, am I?
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #718
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Guys will Maria play tonight?
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #719
country flag 18majors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
Guys will Maria play tonight?
Maria will play 3rd match on Stadium 1, NB 5:30 PM EDT.
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #720
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post

If you have such little faith then why bother being her fan?