INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D - Page 47 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 10th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #691
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Hunterpova seeks revenge!

Really you guys think she'll only win 1-2 more slams
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 10th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #692
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

That's not being pessimistic Yo, its just being realistic.
She's never won 2 slams in a calendar year - she said she might play up to 2016 Olympics which is 3 years away.

I can't see her scooping slams consecutively but I would love her to ofc
As I said, I'm not being mexicola-pessimistic whatsoever (sorry Mex ) because I'm truly happy with what she's achieved so far. She's gonna be 26 with a career slam, with 23 other career titles including many premier titles. She's practically won everything (bar Miami ) and she still has many years on the tour. Many players would dream of that career. Look at Murray, similar age to Masha but with just one slam. So lets appreciate that
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #693
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cautiouslip View Post
mexicola & fighterpova - a match made in heaven
If only he were gay Then again, I don't know
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #694
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
She's never won 2 slams in a calendar year - she said she might play up to 2016 Olympics which is 3 years away.

As I said, I'm not being mexicola-pessimistic whatsoever (sorry Mex ) because I'm truly happy with what she's achieved so far. She's gonna be 26 with a career slam, with 23 other career titles including many premier titles. She's practically won everything (bar Miami ) and she still has many years on the tour. Many players would dream of that career. Look at Murray, similar age to Masha but with just one slam. So lets appreciate that
I agree with this. It's very realistic to expect 1-2 more. She's too good of a player imo to not win any more, but it wont be easy, especially this year with Peak Vika and Fit Rena. As much as I would love Masha to surpass Venus and Henin or at least reach 7, I don't see it happening. We should be really happy for Masha/ Yes, she has wasted some chances, but she has won nearly everything there is to win in tennis (all Slams, YEC, Olympics Silver, IW, lots of other titles, etc.).

Old Mar 10th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #695
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria will probably win at least 4-5 more slams until she retires *sorry for mentioning the R word*. She will probably win The French Open 2 more times, and the AO 2 more times. Another USO as well. I don't see her winning Wimbledon ever again.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #696
country flag Fighterpova

This gif reminds me of Sgt.Shittykinz

Old Mar 10th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #697
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

You see I'm way more optimistic. I think having Vika around is great, I don't think Maria would stand having her come any closer to her slam count. And to be honest, I don't see Serena mopping up all the slams as well, at some point the age will show. She has every chance to win any slam if only she gets her game together not only for the 1st 3 rounds.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #698
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
Maria will probably win at least 4-5 more slams until she retires *sorry for mentioning the R word*. She will probably win The French Open 2 more times, and the AO 2 more times. Another USO as well. I don't see her winning Wimbledon ever again.
Finishing with 8 would be amazing, but she has to keep improving. Mentally at least. Game wise, she is able to blow away any Top 10 player(apart from Serena) and give them a beatdown when she plays well. She gets so tight in Slams though and doesn't have the belief.

Hopefully, she can gain confidence and play more aggressive. I can definitely see her winning more Slams, but the only person stopping her is herself (and Serena ).
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #699
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post

Yeah, I can see 2 more slams at least, maybe 3 ones, and she mentioned in Doha she might play until 32
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #700
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Yeah I don't think you guys are pessimistic for thinking like that it's just considering the fact that the field today can't be compared to previous years I think Maria has bigger chances to win slams than she did back in the day. In reality there are only two players that can trouble her...of course that is if she stops wasting chances like this AO I don't know maybe I'm confusing what I want with what can happen or I believe more in Maria as a player than I should but I think a player of her caliber can win more than 2-3 more slams in the following 5 years
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #701
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
Yeah I don't think you guys are pessimistic for thinking like that it's just considering the fact that the field today can't be compared to previous years I think Maria has bigger chances to win slams than she did back in the day. In reality there are only two players that can trouble her...of course that is if she stops wasting chances like this AO I don't know maybe I'm confusing what I want with what can happen or I believe more in Maria as a player than I should but I think a player of her caliber can win more than 2-3 more slams in the following 5 years
Yep. I agree. She's not helping though with losses like those to Li in Melbourne.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #702
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Head To Head against Schiavone now 4-0 !

Cakewalk draw until QF. Then Errani/Kuznetsova. Come on, Maria

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #703
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Head To Head against Schiavone now 4-0 !

Cakewalk draw until QF. Then Errani/Kuznetsova. Come on, Maria
She shouldn't have ANY problems vs either Errani or Kuznetsova
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #704
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

If she indeed wants to play up until 30 years of age at least, I'm gonna be very dissapointed if she doesn't rack up double digit slam count. A player of her talent and ballstriking ability can't afford to waste so many chances in upcoming seasons. AO and RG should be her hunting ground for the rest of the career, both being held on very slow and high bouncing surfaces. If she rediscovers her consistent serve somehow, Wimby will be very much up for grabs as well. US Open is the only slam, where her current style of play doesn't really translate well on the surface (plus it being very windy as well). And I'm still hoping for Maria to finally overcome her net fear and start coming in more and more to finish that high floating crap from all pushers and grinders - that would make her life on the court so much easier. I still believe in her enormous talent and willpower to achieve great stuff in the future - there's a good reason she is my favorite player of all time, as I usually have a very good eye on exceptional players. Let's do it Mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #705
country flag PimpMePova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
She shouldn't have ANY problems vs either Errani or Kuznetsova
I'm not so sure Kuznetsova will beat Bartoli she had troubles with JJ