INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #166
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Hunterpova seeks revenge!

Honestly I'd almost rather her lose semis than finals. Her finals record is botched enough as is

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 04:30 AM   #167
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

we're all so depressing lately . Was our state of mind like this heading into IW last year? We need to relax. Who knows, maybe I'll bring her some luck when I'm there! . unlike the last 2 times I saw her live at the USO and she flopped the next rounds to Oudin/Caroline
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 04:49 AM   #168
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Guys, I have feeling that she already flopped reading these pessimistic posts
And if serious she must reach at least the final or win the whole damn thing, something else will be extremely disappointing
For me, it's the fact that she doesn't seem to have built on the YEC run, which made me hope she could pretty much handle anyone outside of Serena if she was in form. But then the flop to Li after blitzing through to the semis and inability to challenge Serena right before Serena lost to Azarenka is making me think she's stalled. Petra and Azarenka seem to be getting better as the season goes on and Serena's Serena. Martha is just an unknown right now, and that makes me anxious. It's pretty much like she has to win at least one of IW or Miami beating one or more of those three plus Li to get back in the conversation and build up momentum before clay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
All I need now to make me run out of the room screaming is Woz winning a title.
Well, Woz is in Kuala Lumpur this week. So maybe for your sanity, pick another player.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #169
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

OK today I was really in a great mood as I woke up and before going out I decided to check out SS and saw all your "life sucks-Maria sucks" posts Alright people snap out of it it's not THAT bad first of all only because she's played 2 tournaments. Judging from the posts I understand this started because of Petra's win, thinking that even Petra has a title and now she's back...ect...ect. Well Maria would have also won this tournament had she played but she plays only a few tournaments and doesn't vulture titles. Personally I like that to be honest. I want her to win because she beat her main rivals otherwise the title doesn't really say much and I'm guessing that's what she thinks as well Also the other thing I read was that even Petra managed to get back so why can't Maria. Not that I think Maria was "somewhere else" and needs to get back she's still really consistent but let's say she does need to get back. Well then if Petra can do it, whose 2012 was just so then Maria can too. But really it's ONLY been two tournaments and she reached the SF of both not playing her best tennis, give her some time.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #170
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. 2 tournaments played and 2 semis is pretty good. I am just pissed she's only played 2 tournaments. It's less than fcking Sarina Williams. I needa see more Mash out on court please
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 07:43 AM   #171
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

I sincerely hope by the YEC y'all will look back at these posts and hang your head in shame
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #172
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Lachy your signature
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #173
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria needs to win this title . Serena is not here.

I'm afraid at how good Kvitova is playing lately . She might give Maria trouble again.

F: Maria def. Azarenka 6-1,6-2
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #174

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Could you all please stop talking . Stop reminding us the number of titles that Maria failed to win . She will win at least 5 titles this year. Stuttgart, Rome, RG, USO, Tokyo .
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #175
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Again, I shall reaffirm my optimism among y'all drama queens

I think a title is not entirely out of the question. I love Petra but the only constant with her is her inconsistency so I highly doubt she'll build anything on this Middle East run. The final should really be Vika vs Maria and anything else would be surprising to me.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Again, I shall reaffirm my optimism among y'all drama queens

I think a title is not entirely out of the question. I love Petra but the only constant with her is her inconsistency so I highly doubt she'll build anything on this Middle East run. The final should really be Vika vs Maria and anything else would be surprising to me.
Have you seen Petra's last three matches , her forehand is just insane and she has been consistent with that shot the whole week. She took Rena to a third set and was close to winning .

Maria can't cope with that kind of power and precision when she's playing her pusherlike tennis. She just can't.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #177
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M View Post

I'm afraid at how good Kvitova is playing lately . She might give Maria trouble again.

Yes please.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #178
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have you seen Petra's last three matches , her forehand is just insane and she has been consistent with that shot the whole week. She took Rena to a third set and was close to winning .

Maria can't cope with that kind of power and precision when she's playing her pusherlike tennis. She just can't.
lol wut?
Masha handles slow ballbashers just fine - you only need to check her record against the likes of Davenport to see that she pretty much owns these types. It's those with firepower and movement which give her trouble all the time (Williams, cough cough). Apart from that fluke Wimby title, which Maria pretty much gifted to KvittyGOAT anyway with her sloppy all-arround play, she has a tight grip on this matchup. She also blows Vuvurenka off the court IF she is serving well and is hitting her forehand like a boss. Get real for once
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #179
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:

Well, there are two sides of every coin, she may cause ones for Aza as well, plus Masha found a clue how to play against Petra
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #180
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:

Yea I've always been jittery about Petra, but if there's anything that's going for Maria, it's that Petra seems to have a mental block against her, which to me seems to be the deal-breaker most of the time. (See Maria vs Serena )

I do agree that Maria is so power-pusher mode against Serena in Doha though Topspin groundstrokes to the middle
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote