FEMEN urinates on Ukrainian President - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 12:10 AM   #1
country flag Warrior

Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute
FEMEN urinates on Ukrainian President

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsCont...aine-lead.aspx

Topless women from the Femen feminist movement on Sunday symbolically urinated on photos of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych in Paris to condemn a crackdown on protesters angry about his rejection of a key EU deal.
Five women from the group gathered in front of the Ukrainian embassy in the morning, bared their breasts and appeared to urinate on the photographs they placed on the sidewalk.
But it was not clear if they were actually urinating or simply passing liquid contained in hidden pouches.
The slogan "Yanukovych piss off!" was painted on their torsos. They then left and there were no arrests.
The protest came after policemen armed with truncheons broke up a 1,000-strong protest in Kiev on Saturday calling for Yanukovych's resignation after he suspended work on a trade and partnership agreement with the European Union that had been years in the making.
Dozens were wounded in the crackdown and more than 30 protesters were detained.
Despite a ban on protests in the heart of the Ukrainian capital, tens of thousands gathered again on Sunday to call for early elections.
The EU deal would have opened borders to goods and set the stage for an easing of travel restrictions but Yanukovych reneged at the last moment, saying his country could not afford to sacrifice trade with Russia. Moscow was opposed to the agreement.
Inna Shevchenko, the head of the Femen movement in France, said: "We came to say to Europe that we need help."
She slammed what she called the "dictatorship" of Yanukovych, who she said was "under the influence" of Russian leader Vladimir Putin.
"This is not opinion of the nation," she said, referring to the snubbing of the EU agreement. "The opinion of the nation is expressed by those people who were on the square and who are now in hospitals or in police stations."
Femen is a Ukrainian group whose members have drawn attention worldwide with nude stunts targeting a range of political and religious figures, including Italy's Silvio Berlusconi and Putin.
Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 12:48 AM   #2
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FEMEN urinates on Ukrainian President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
You go, girls. Inna (their main spokeswoman, who speaks perfect English, with a super sexy accent) is SO hot. I mean look @ her thighs in those tight jeans during the interview segments. Definitely LOB-worthy.

Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 01:00 AM   #3
country flag Warrior

Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

This is the most disturbing stunt they've pulled. How do these chicks still get visas?

I am so 'proud' to be Ukrainian now.
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 02:15 AM   #4
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

There is probably nothing more disturbing and stupid than feminists. So no surprise here. After Pussy Riot sheep flock they are still going to be secondary though.. Those at least were brave somewhat..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 03:03 AM   #5
country flag Warrior

The video (NSFW)

short explanation on Yanukovich's foreign policy

Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 03:37 AM   #6
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is the most disturbing stunt they've pulled. How do these chicks still get visas?

I am so 'proud' to be Ukrainian now.
So what is your personal take about this development?
Do you favor one side over the other?

Or you're still undecided.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Dec 3rd, 2013 at 03:46 AM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 03:59 AM   #7
country flag Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
So what is your personal take about this development?
Do you favor one side over the other?

Or you're still undecided.

Young people in Ukraine seem to think that joining EU would turn Ukraine into a paradise. That's why have all this support for euro integration.

Don't want my country to be a pawn between West and Russia. But if I had to choose I'd easily pick Russia. I simply don't trust West after what they did to Serbia in 1999.
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 04:05 AM   #8
country flag Sisyphus

Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute

Tbh one has to question the viability of Ukraine as an independent entity.
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 04:11 AM   #9
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AureaLibertas View Post
Tbh one has to question the viability of Ukraine as an independent entity.
Very good point.
But , even apart from that..
It's a very tough choice for Ukraine. They don't want to go back to a position of a Russian satellite, of course. But their economy is a wreck worse than Greece, and joining EU will only make things worse short or mid term.
Look at other examples. Baltic countries. Or recent signatories ( Bulgaria, Romania ). The short term result is shrinking economies and demographics, massive migration of workforce to the West, destruction of national industries, that can not compete with richer EU countries, sucking them dry from talent and young people. The benefits of joining are clear for those who wants to move to Europe, as they will be able to do that now, but something very vague and far away for those who loves their country and does not want to go anywhere. And downsides will be felt right away.
What is Russia saying about this is, in fact is - you join EU, OK, you are EU from our prospective from then on. No more favored status in trade, end of no custom dues policy, EU-level pricing of Russian energy, end of open doors policy for Ukrainian migrant workers, all the stuff. Makes sense. Why would Russia, who has its own problems, keep on propping a country that is clearly drifting the opposite geopolitical direction? Can Europe compensate for those immediate losses for Ukraine? Neither Europe can, nor are they willing to spend 10s of billions of euro for something that is never going to be paid back. Europe has its own problems. So, for Yanukovich and its nearly bankrupt country the choice is between immediate and sizable economic benefits from Russian cooperation and unclear and god-knows-when-materializing benefits of joining EU.

Yanukovich has a political pressure from liberals to join EU, and pressure of economic reality to join the union with Russia and Belarus. It is, unfortunately, a clear lose-lose situation.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 04:13 AM   #10
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Quote:
I simply don't trust West after what they did to Serbia in 1999.
What is happening right now, I would not rule out Ukraine becoming a serbia, or I should rather say a yugoslavia. This really can go bad, the violence can easily spin out of control..

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 04:17 AM   #11
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
What is happening right now, I would not rule out Ukraine becoming a serbia, or I should rather say a yugoslavia. This really can go bad, the violence can easily spin out of control..
By Serbia, you mean, the country will break up into into 2 territorial entities along ethno-ideological lines?
One with western lenience, the other with Russia?

Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 04:23 AM   #12
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Quote:
By Serbia, you mean, the country will break up into into 2 territorial entities along ethno-ideological lines?
One with western lenience, the other with Russia?
Something like that. Except that those people who are driving this pro-EU movement and getting people on the streets, they are only liberal when facing the western media. The real force behind it is significantly hardcore nationalists from the Western Ukraine, and the breakup is something those guys would not want any more than union with Russia. No idea how things would play out. The biggest problem is that, unlike Russia, Ukraine does not have a working government being in any kind of control of a country. Yanukovich has very little to fall back on. Army? Police? Not really.. If things become messy and chaotic, no idea what it is going to be..

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 04:34 AM   #13
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrerFan123 View Post
Hawt

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 04:40 AM   #14
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
Something like that. Except that those people who are driving this pro-EU movement and getting people on the streets, they are only liberal when facing the western media. The real force behind it is significantly hardcore nationalists from the Western Ukraine, and the breakup is something those guys would not want any more than union with Russia. No idea how things would play out. The biggest problem is that, unlike Russia, Ukraine does not have a working government being in any kind of control of a country. Yanukovich has very little to fall back on. Army? Police? Not really.. If things become messy and chaotic, no idea what it is going to be..
So those who want rapprochement with Russian, are they Russian overwhelmingly Russian, just anti-western or both.

I am assuming the the pro-westeren, who you refer too as convenient liberals but really hardcore nationalist, are majority Ukrainian.

Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 04:48 AM   #15
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Quote:
So those who want rapprochement with Russian, are they Russian overwhelmingly Russian, just anti-western or both.

I am assuming the the pro-westeren, who you refer too as convenient liberals but really hardcore nationalist, are majority Ukrainian.
I hope Warrior can give us first hand information, but my understanding is that Ukraine is mostly pro-Russian east, mostly anti-Russian west, with south closer to the former, and north to the latter..
That's not a point. Everyone in there wants to live like in Europe. Very few people understand that joining EU has very little to do with that. So referendum of joining EU or not will probably pretty easy be "Yes".

PLAY TENNIS!