Top XWTA Players That Would Show Up At An Event To Avoid 0, Keep Bonus $$$ - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #1
country flag NA-GOAT

NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Top XWTA Players That Would Show Up At An Event To Avoid 0, Keep Bonus $$$

Top XWTA Players That Have Showed Up At An Event In Order To Avoid 0 On Ranking, Preserve Full Amount of Bonus Pool Money, Collect Apperance Fees

Vika Azarenka
Karolina Wozniacki
Agnieszka Roma Radwanska
Marion Bartoli
Jelena Jankovic
Maria Kirilenko
Angelique Kerber

Top XWTA Players That Would Rather Just Withdraw From An Event Even Means Getting 0, Losing Bonus Pool Money

Serena Williams
Na Li
Petra Kvitova
Maria Sharapova
Ana Ivanovic
Venus Williams

It seems with the exception of Petra, the players that don't care seem to be the ones with the biggest endorsement contracts for who money is not an issue

Meanwhile 3 of the brightest shining lights of the generation that is set to dominate the XWTA for the next 5 years (Vika, Karo, Aga) seem to be driven by ranking points, money

I hope that in the future there will be more players that play tennis purely for the love of the game
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P longtin23 silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs Mike. peanuts Sabinator valac222

Last edited by NA-GOAT : Feb 12th, 2013 at 05:59 PM.
NA-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #2
country flag NA-GOAT

NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Top XWTA Players That Would Show Up At An Event To Avoid 0, Keep Bonus $$$

EDIT: added Maria Kirilenko
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P longtin23 silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs Mike. peanuts Sabinator valac222
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #3
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Money drives them all, some of them just have a whole lot more of it.

I also think that Maria and Serena aren't losing any sleep over 0 pointers. Maybe it's a pride thing.
faboozadoo15 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #4
country flag VIKANADAL01

VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all

you can't blame them!
I prefer play a match and retire than having a zero in both rankings and money!lol
VIKANADAL01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #5
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Do you have a 0 pointer if you have a real reason to withdraw at the last minute ??
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #6
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Am I detecting 'shade' with the laughing smiley next to Maria's name?
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #7
country flag Gilas.

Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute

When did Aga play one match and retire? KL?
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #8
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilas. View Post
When did Aga play one match and retire? KL?
She played 2 matches.

Besides she worked her ass off just to get her country into the WGII playoffs, which does not give away any money

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Am I detecting 'shade' with the laughing smiley next to Maria's name?
I think it was a reference to the Rome incident last year

Last edited by Brad[le]y. : Feb 12th, 2013 at 04:46 PM.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #9
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Maria rarely plays more than 16 events per year so in her case the "0" makes no difference From Top 50 players only Serena and Kanepi (who was injured) have played less events in 2012.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #10
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

This is what happens when you put so many rules in place....people figure out a way to play to the letter of the law instead of the spirit of the law.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #11
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post
Money drives them all, some of them just have a whole lot more of it.

I also think that Maria and Serena aren't losing any sleep over 0 pointers. Maybe it's a pride thing.
For instance Serena Williams, Venus Williams and Maria Sharapova have their own clothes lines and other business things outside the tennis world. We all know that many athletes make lots of extra money with good advertising deals with companies like Nike, Adidas, Wilson and other brands that has nothing to do with tennis or other sports. It seems that e.g. Agnieszka Radwanska is often criticised here for playing too many tournaments ("vulturing"), but isn´t it more honest way to make money by playing tennis when she is a professional tennis player after all.

Top 10 players are obliged to play in certain tennis tournaments during the long season from January to October. If the player wants to avoid serious injuries and exhaustion, it might be wise to withdraw from some smaller tournaments. When e.g. Victoria Azarenka wants to avoid zero-pointers, she is just playing by the WTA rules. On the other hand e.g. Serena Williams often plays by her own rules like in the case of Indian Wells and probably in the case of Beijing in 2012. Serena has a history of keeping her post-U.S. Open schedule notoriously light. I don´t blame her strategy if she wants to stay fit and healthy in careerwise.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #12
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAISAI-GOAT View Post
Meanwhile 3 of the brightest shining lights of the generation that is set to dominate the XWTA for the next 5 years (Vika, Karo, Aga)
RIP WTA if that's the case.
bobito is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #13
Morning Morgan

Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair to Caro she never just "showed up": win or lose she always plays a complete match. The only retirement i remember in recent years is the one against Kremer after being up at set and 5-0?

"No, I'm not. But with you, I don't even care."
Morning Morgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #14
country flag NA-GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKANADAL01 View Post
you can't blame them!
I prefer play a match and retire than having a zero in both rankings and money!lol
yes but Na, Serena and Maria prefer to not show up and have the zero in rankings and money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix13 View Post
Do you have a 0 pointer if you have a real reason to withdraw at the last minute ??
yes, you must show up on the court and play at least one point to avoid the 0 pointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
Maria rarely plays more than 16 events per year so in her case the "0" makes no difference From Top 50 players only Serena and Kanepi (who was injured) have played less events in 2012.
yes it makes a difference ... for example she plays 15 events and has 2 0s then she can only count her best 14 ... it could make a difference in whether she is #1 or #2

remember last year Aga Roma Radwanska would have been SEWTA #1 is Azarenka had not showed up in Rome and played a match

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
RIP WTA if that's the case.
we are already resigned to that
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #15
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAISAI-GOAT View Post
yes, you must show up on the court and play at least one point to avoid the 0 pointer
you can whore yourself in promo events and not play to avoid it
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote