Doha R1: Hantuchova def. Robson 6-4 6-1 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #31
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Doha R1: Hantuchova def. Robson 6-4 6-1

Really Robson has had a bad start to the season. The win over Kvitova put paper over the cracks, and sent the British press overboard with their hype, because they fail to look any deeper than "beat a Wimbledon Champion and number 8 in the world".
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #32
country flag illusyve
I'll Hold My Breath

illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniela-Is-Mine View Post
I agree, but to be fair, Chan was hot and Morita is just plain in her best form. Tsurenko was an injury. All things she should still beat...
Calling them things

I didn't expect this from Daniela after her recent poor form, but seems like Laura was just awful.

chakvetadze | hantuchova | henin | jankovic | safina djokovic | gasquet | hewitt | kohlschreiber | safin

suicide rogers cup 2011 champ.

illusyve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #33
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Had this crazy feeling Dani was to win this... and she did. Well done. Robson: hype, hype, hype.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #34
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusyve View Post
Calling them things

I didn't expect this from Daniela after her recent poor form, but seems like Laura was just awful.
I didnt mean to call them things
I meant things as in scenarios she should beat

and yeah, Laura was rough anytime Daniela made her run.

Agnieska, Magdalena, Kate
Jelena, Anna, Stefanie, Andrea H, Angelique, Klara
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion, Iveta
Daniela-Is-Mine is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #35
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute

This loss, and then Maria withdraw.
Not a great tennis day for me.
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #36
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniela-Is-Mine View Post
Daniela is the original SUPERslow-ass big clean flat hitter with a nice serve. Laura, you can take over once Daniela decides to leave, which I hope, with some good tennis, is not for a while.
Laura has much more firepower than Hantuchova.

TF doing their usual trick of writing Robson off on the basis of one bad result. As I always say in these types of threads, look at all the top players of the new generation, and not one of them was playing consistently well at the age of 18. Robson's devlopment was always going to be stop-start; personally I expect she's going to pretty much do nothing for quite a few months, before catching fire again from the grasscourt season onwards.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #37
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Voted Dani in the WWW thread, dunno why people assumed Laura would win. Must admit didn't expect it so easy for Dani.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #38
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Laura has much more firepower than Hantuchova.

TF doing their usual trick of writing Robson off on the basis of one bad result. As I always say in these types of threads, look at all the top players of the new generation, and not one of them was playing consistently well at the age of 18. Robson's devlopment was always going to be stop-start; personally I expect she's going to pretty much do nothing for quite a few months, before catching fire again from the grasscourt season onwards.
What about my post suggested otherwise? I think we can all agree they are both slow, clean hitters, that hit a heavy fast flat ball.

and MUCH is pushing it. Have you seen Daniela hit live? its surprising in person.

Agnieska, Magdalena, Kate
Jelena, Anna, Stefanie, Andrea H, Angelique, Klara
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion, Iveta
Daniela-Is-Mine is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #39
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute

She's just 19 yo, give her a break.
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #40
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Dani Fed Cup has done you wonders
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #41
country flag Belmont Lad

Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Dani!

The Fed Cup tie seems to have provided the tonic she desperately needed!
Belmont Lad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #42
country flag F4CU

F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of

nice win dani
Doubles Titles: WTA Stanford´13(w/Martn7) ITF Merida´13(w/*Jean*) ITF Andrezieux´14(w/*Jean*) WTA New Haven´14(w/Kirilenko-Fan) Suzhou '14 (w/Milan.)
F4CU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #43
country flag paul_masterton

paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute

Laura still seemed to be having trouble with the shoulder and also spent most of the match coughing her guts up, maybe got a cold or a virus or something, she didn't really look comfortable out there.

Never mind, nice to see Dani playing well again.
paul_masterton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #44
country flag monmonito

monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all

Didn't expect this will be the score...though I know Dani is still motivated with the win Fed Cup...next is Bychkova...MaKiri retires...

GL Dani...do you best against the Bych

{Dominika Cibulkova}{Kim Clijsters}{Petra Kvitova}
{Magdalena Rybarikova}{Maria Sharapova}
monmonito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #45
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get that Laura bashing.
Laura is a top prospect. And if she retires with achievments simmilar to Daniela's, she might consider her career succesful.
She lost to a great player.