Doha 1R: (13) Ivanovic crushes Paszek 6-1 6-2 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #31
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Doha 1R: (13) Ivanovic crushes Paszek 6-1 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Come on girl she was good there for a while
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
nobody said years.
No I know but "golden days" made it sound like she was some kind of GOAT or something

Or it might just be me hating for no reason.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #32
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
No I know but "golden days" made it sound like she was some kind of GOAT or something

Or it might just be me hating for no reason.
No, she was never dominant, but it looked like she could become a great player when she matures a bit. Well, guess what happened.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #33
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Huh? Ivanovic's serve never really declined that much, it's the one area of her game that's still reasonably close to where it was in her peak days
you've got to be kidding. Before her drop in form, she would regularly hit first serves between 110 and 114 mph and could get up to the lower 120s at her fastest. These days, even when she gets a good ball toss, Ivanovic rarely goes over 108 mph and her average is usually upper 90s to 100 mph. The decline of her serve is the main problem, and she lost confidence in the rest of her game because of it. The pace of her first serve is still decent compared to most players, but it's significantly weaker compared to how it once was. That's why, if what that other poster said today is true, I'm quite surprised.
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #34
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute

Ajde Ana idemo
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #35
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankqq View Post
you've got to be kidding. Before her drop in form, she would regularly hit first serves between 110 and 114 mph and could get up to the lower 120s at her fastest. These days, even when she gets a good ball toss, Ivanovic rarely goes over 108 mph and her average is usually upper 90s to 100 mph. The decline of her serve is the main problem, and she lost confidence in the rest of her game because of it. The pace of her first serve is still decent compared to most players, but it's significantly weaker compared to how it once was. That's why, if what that other poster said today is true, I'm quite surprised.
I agree. It looked like it was almost fixed in the end of 2010, but when she fired Heinz and lost a lot of weight, it regressed significantly. Her serve and her backhand are the parts of her game that regressed the most after 2008. Her forehand is not what it used to be, but that shot solely is the reason why she's top 15. OK together with her somewhat improved mentality (compared to her worst slumping days).
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #36
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Huh? Ivanovic's serve never really declined that much, it's the one area of her game that's still reasonably close to where it was in her peak days
Nah that would be her volleying.

Quote:
Yup.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #37
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Nah that would be her volleying.
Her volleys, drop shots and that ugly slice are much better than they were even when she was at her prime, but without a forehand she can't win a game. Literally (see the match against Vinci )
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #38
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wish I had screencapped the stream, I didn't believe it either She even hit a 175km/h ace out wide in the ad court But her serve was working pretty well when she got the first one in.

And I agree completely, her serve used to hit almost 200km/h regularly, now I think this is the fastest it's been for the last few years. Even at this years AO she didn't reach 180. So if she keeps this up in the next few rounds, maybe her talk about her serve improving in the off season was, for once, the truth.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #39
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

NID. bye bitch
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #40
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
NID. bye bitch
Ajde won.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #41
country flag tennisbear7

tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ajde won.
NID that Craig would come in and troll an Ana thread. We have a secret fan here
tennisbear7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #42
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute

isn't Paszek always trashed
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJŘRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #43
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbear7 View Post
NID that Craig would come in and troll an Ana thread. We have a secret fan here
I try to stop myself, but I can't help it Unlike actual trolls, I'm just having some fun
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #44
country flag Cajka

Quote:
I try to retain myself, but I can't help it
But why? Aren't there more successful players you dislike, Vika, Aga... Ana was there for only two years and disappeared forever. OTOH, Vika is not going anywhere, she'll torture us all you for years.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #45
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What kind of revisionist history is this? Firstly, even in her glory days, Ana topping 120mph was EXTREMELY rare. I'm guessing if you take a typical match now to a typical match in 2007-8, and compare the average first serve speed, there'd be less than 5mph difference (I didn't deny her serve had deteriorated, I just said it had deteriorated FAR, far less than her groundstrokes). Since she fixed her ball-toss (which is only very rarely an issue these days) in 2011, Ivanovic has had one of the most serve-reliant games on the WTA, which is why she gets her best results on quick surfaces these days in stark contrast to her peak. Her serve is still top 10 standard, her groundgame is probably sub-top 20 on most days
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote