Maria in Doha 2013! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 06:13 AM   #1
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Maria in Doha 2013!

Here's her draw:

Maria Kirilenko [12] - Qualifier
Laura Robson - Daniela Hantuchova
Heidi El Tabakh [WC] - Timea Babos
Sara Errani [6] - Bye

What makes this tournament even more interesting is that she has a very slim possibility of breaking into the Top 10, if she wins the tournament.

Here, she has second round points to defend.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaPalyuchenkovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #2
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future
Re: Maria in Doha 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Here's her draw:

Maria Kirilenko [12] - Qualifier
Laura Robson - Daniela Hantuchova
Heidi El Tabakh [WC] - Timea Babos
Sara Errani [6] - Bye

What makes this tournament even more interesting is that she has a very slim possibility of breaking into the Top 10, if she wins the tournament.

Here, she has second round points to defend.
A trivial thing, indeed.
However, a match against Robson/Hantucova would be interesting to watch, this isn't an easy draw at all.
I couldn't stand another loss to Errani (especially on Hard court), but it seems that Sara is a tough match-up for Maria, we'll see.
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #3
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

That's a tough draw. Kiri with a cold and being tired is maybe a 50 / 50 match versus Robson or Hantuchova. Then there is Errani who loves to play Kiri and wear her down and frustrate her. Maria should only go to Doha if she feels better and feels like she can play her best.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #4
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Tough draw for Maria.

Good luck Maria.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #5
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

ok, here we are, first tournament for maria after winning the title in pattaya
I hope she is feeling fine after having a cold in Moscow while playing FedCup

Her draw isn't easy indeed...
first round could be already tough, it's never easy against a qualifier...

but I would love to see a duell kiri-robson in round 2!

and then, why not a rematch with errani

when will Kiri play her first match, tomorrow?

DAVAI MARIA

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #6
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
and then, why not a rematch with errani
Beacuse I could not stand another loss against her.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 02:33 AM   #7
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Maria plays the 4th match on court 1 on tuesday. The 2nd match begins not before 4 pm local time.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #8
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Maria plays the 4th match on court 1 on tuesday. The 2nd match begins not before 4 pm local time.
I think there are 2 streamed courts at Doha, so her match should be streamed, right ?
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #9
country flag Iblis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix13 View Post
I think there are 2 streamed courts at Doha, so her match should be streamed, right ?
Yes it should.
Yup, they're streaming right now two matches at the same time, so we'll be able to watch Kiri.

Last edited by Iblis : Feb 12th, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #10
country flag Iblis

They're on court, two minutes and the match will start.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #11
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

here we are, bychkova breaks 0-1*
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #12
country flag peterlein

bychkova holds at 40-30, ace on 2nd serve, 2-0*...hold maria!
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #13
country flag peterlein

well, bychkova breaks again, *3-0
Maria is totally useless so far
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #14
country flag peterlein

kiri retires

...olympic bronze medalist...
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #15
country flag Iblis

Aww, this is a nightmare.
We all knew she has been sick these days... but since she decided to play I thought she was feeling better, didn't expected this situation to happen, a retire after three games.

Last edited by Iblis : Feb 12th, 2013 at 04:08 PM.