Next 'Great' Player - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #61
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Next 'Great' Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azapova View Post
Azarenka will win more slams, i guarantee you. If she just works on her serve and can keep her head together on more occaisions, she will be the dominant player.
Aza = transitional player , she might win as much as Hingis , but without anything special on and off court she will be hardly ever called "Great"

and let's not forget about her incapacity to beat Serena .... it downgrades her achievements significantly

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:25 AM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #62
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Aza = transitional player , she might win as much as Hingis , but without anything special on and off court she will be hardly ever called "Great"

and let's not forget about her incapacity to beat Serena .... it doungrades her achievements significantly
Just like Sharapova.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #63
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Just like Sharapova.
Sharapova is one of 3 players who beat Serena in Slam Final ,and one of 2 who beat Serena in YEC Final,so you are wrong

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #64
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Sharapova is one of 3 players who beat Serena in Slam Final ,and one of 2 who beat Serena in YEC Final,so you are wrong
Don't kid yourself.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #65
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But Victoria almost beat Serena in US 2012, on the first time she versed serena in a slam final
Queen Vika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #66
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Quote:
But Victoria almost beat Serena in US 2012, on the first time she versed serena in a slam final
'Almost' isn't there, sounds more like a swan song You either have it or you don't
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #67
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

Well if it were against anyone other than Serena id probably agree
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #68
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
there is no word almost in sport , yesterday Fourcade lost 2,4 cm (about an inch) to Svendsen after 12,5km race in biathlon

and of course you forgot that Martha was much closer to beating Serena at AO 2005 than Aza at USO 2012

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #69
country flag Queen Vika

Quote:
there is no word almost in sport , yesterday Fourcade lost 2,4 cm (about an inch) to Svendsen after 12,5km race in biathlon

and of course you forgot that Martha was much closer to beating Serena at AO 2005 than Aza at USO 2012
Thats true (the tennis part, i dont know who svendsen the other guy are) but vikas still an up and coming player no matter what. She has obvious potential, she just needs to eork on two things.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #70
country flag binky-GOAT

Quote:

Uhmm, Azarenka was much closer to beating Serena than Sharapova has been in the last 8 years

And I hate Azarenka so you know I'm not biased.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #71
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh. Annoying people talking to each other is the worst.
shap_half is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #72
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Uhmm, Azarenka was much closer to beating Serena than Sharapova has been in the last 8 years

And I hate Azarenka so you know I'm not biased.
i don't really understand these "last 8 years"..... Azarenka never beat Serena as Masha did in 2004 , never , not only in her last "___" years .. Masha's Wimbledon and YEC is what is in history books , and even epic match in 2005 at AO is there .... Can't say it about 2012 USO Final , which will be forgotten very soon, because the quality of tennis was really poor that day

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #73
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

I think Konjuh will win a lot of slams. There's something about her game that I see being very effective on the main tour.

I think Laura will win a few slams but unfortunately, as much as I love her, I don't see her being an all time 'great'. Although, I hope she proves me wrong
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #74
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cetkovskán View Post
Unless, they relax the AER, I'm not sure we will have a new double digit champion anytime soon.
Serena was MORE restricted than the AER, by her parents.

The AER is NOT the problem.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #75
country flag pancake

pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
Serena was MORE restricted than the AER, by her parents.

The AER is NOT the problem.
I never understand why people think the AER is a problem tbh, I mean Serena didn't even win her 2nd slam until she's almost 21.
pancake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote