What made Azarenka successful? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #31
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future
Re: What made Azarenka successful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
1. Weak Era
2. Cheating
3. Lack of a waist
4. Combination of all of the above.
such an intelligent reply
viktory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #32
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Luck
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #33
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Incredible consistent depth on her groundstrokes. She doesn´t need the raw power of others to dictate play, because she takes the ball so early that combined with her depth she gradually wears down opponents physically and mentally.

Mouratoglu said "Many can play with Azarenka for five or six games. Then you start to wear down. You get frustrated that it just won´t stop. You are still being pressured by the consistent depth. You are running, trying to get your feet right, get your shots right, to maintain your level and that all comes naturally to Azarenka. She can do it longer."

Serena avoids half of the grind and rallies, because she just hits service winners. Sure she can outhit Azarenka from the baseline better than anyone, but when she is not at her best at age 31, she still has the luxury to just skip half the rallies due to her incredible (annoying ) serve.
my thoughts exactly
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #34
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktory View Post
such an intelligent reply
I do try.

Do you know who stole her waist?

I'm just curious.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #35
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
I do try.

Do you know who stole her waist?

I'm just curious.
Certainly not Sharapova.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #36
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

She was born at the right time. Someone like Tyson Gay was born at the wrong time, but Azarenka was just lucky with the period in tennis during which she reached her peak of career.....

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #37
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Certainly not Sharapova.
She didn't need to, she already had one

OTOH Henin is one of the main suspects.

Girl needs to keep taking those hormones so she doesn't continue to look like a 60 year old East German sprinter.

PopCon 2013.
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #38
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
She didn't need to, she already had one
Maybe get your eyes checked?
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #39
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Incredible consistent depth on her groundstrokes. She doesn´t need the raw power of others to dictate play, because she takes the ball so early that combined with her depth she gradually wears down opponents physically and mentally.

Mouratoglu said "Many can play with Azarenka for five or six games. Then you start to wear down. You get frustrated that it just won´t stop. You are still being pressured by the consistent depth. You are running, trying to get your feet right, get your shots right, to maintain your level and that all comes naturally to Azarenka. She can do it longer."

Serena avoids half of the grind and rallies, because she just hits service winners. Sure she can outhit Azarenka from the baseline better than anyone, but when she is not at her best at age 31, she still has the luxury to just skip half the rallies due to her incredible (annoying ) serve.
This! Also she has an amazing ROS

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #40
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
She is as fit and consistent as peak Woz, but unlike her she has weapons and variety in her game, and can hit almost as hard as Petra from both sides without the UE. She is also mentally very strong. Enough to win a GS even when she is not playing her best tennis.
Um no. The without UE part is very true, but in terms of sheer pace, she is at least 10 MPH slower than the biggest hitters on average like the other poster said. What she does to make up for it is take balls closer to the baseline and get good depth.

Shame on Kvitty, but you can bank on Vuvu to win events without Serena. On the other hand, even if Kvitty faced the most useless player in the top 1000 in every round thru the finals, nothing is guaranteed with her.

- Li Na

(after dramatic 3-set AO 2013 final, where she took 2 nasty spills and twisted her ankle).
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #41
country flag $uricate

Quote:
I just had one.

Thanks for your concern though

Maria has an actual waist though.

PopCon 2013.
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #42
country flag viktory

Quote:
why are you wasting time with someone who is err... let's say special
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #43
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

Quote:
I just had one.

Thanks for your concern though

Maria has an actual waist though.
I guess if we're being really generous.

Quote:
Boredom.
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #44
country flag $uricate

Quote:
I'm very special.

I'm a mermaid.

PopCon 2013.
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #45
country flag Mightymirza

Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mental strength, determination, and hard work.
I know Unlike Petra

Martina Hingis Ana Ivanovic Myskina Safarova

When I have my goals set, I always attain them- Justine
Mightymirza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote