What made Azarenka successful? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #1
country flag tsmile789

tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all
What made Azarenka successful?

Base on the fact that Azarenka won 2 slams (defend her slam), another runner-up at the US open. She's been number 1 for over 50 weeks, won over 19 millions of prize money, she's got 2 Olympic medal (gold in mix double).
Kvitova is the only other one from her generation to win a slam (Wimbledon).
Wozniacki and Radwanska's got 1 slam final each to their resumé and reach number 1 & 2 respectively.

So what made Azarenka the most successful of her peers from generation suck thus far? Why didn't Petra reach her potential? Did Wozniacki peak too early?
tsmile789 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #2
country flag wtftennis

wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light
Re: What made Azarenka successful?

need to ask her. Obviously doing something that's working.
wtftennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #3
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Mental strength, determination, and hard work.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #4
country flag wtftennis

wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
What I was thinking, saw it especially in the AO final
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #5
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Consistency and taking her chances.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #6
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

i also think confidence plays a HUGE part in these results.
it was like when novak went on that tear winning however many matches, sometimes he played awful but he had the confidence to pull through and keep on winning.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #7
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

Too obvious to say that she's just a great player?
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #8
country flag tennisbear7

tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute

Combination of her excellent groundstrokes and mental strength, coupled with the demise of the overall quality of the WTA. There we have it - one of the most uninspiring champions in recent memory (along with Ana and the rest of the random slam champions).
tennisbear7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #9
country flag wtftennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
i also think confidence plays a HUGE part in these results.
it was like when novak went on that tear winning however many matches, sometimes he played awful but he had the confidence to pull through and keep on winning.
This. Have that you can go so far. Easier said then done.
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #10
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Yep, she's definitely not the greatest talent that's ever wielded a racket but she believes in what she's doing and it's made her no.1 and given her 2 Slams.
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #11
country flag alex.2812

alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of

She stopped being agressive with tennis balls. So she doesn't do many UE anymore.
She started to act agressive with others instead.
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #12
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

She is as fit and consistent as peak Woz, but unlike her she has weapons and variety in her game, and can hit almost as hard as Petra from both sides without the UE. She is also mentally very strong. Enough to win a GS even when she is not playing her best tennis.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #13
country flag Jeffery

Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold

Maria made her career with all that sad Finals.
Jeffery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #14
country flag tsmile789

tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparazzo View Post
Maria made her career with all that sad Finals.
Virgin Maria creating baby vika...lmao
tsmile789 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #15
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
She is as fit and consistent as peak Woz, but unlike her she has weapons and variety in her game, and can hit almost as hard as Petra from both sides without the UE. She is also mentally very strong. Enough to win a GS even when she is not playing her best tennis.
I bet Azarenka's average groundstroke speed is far below Kvitova's. Maybe even like 10mph slower. But whatever it's irrelevant.

She doesn't really have a big weakness (her serve is a weakness I suppose but not big enough of one to hurt her, except against Serena )

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote