Venus is so sweet! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 05:36 AM   #1
win

win is an unknown quantity at this point
Venus is so sweet!

First of all, I feel sorry for Venus that she lost to Serena for the fourth time. I am sure that she will win one more slam in the near future.

However, I am really impressed with Venus' interview. She made a lot of great comments!!! And I think she's one of the sweetest girls on tour! (Maybe)

I thought that Venus and Martina (Hingis) are kind of true enemy! But it's interesting to hear the comment that Venus made on Martina.

Question: What about Martina Hingis, Venus?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I hope she comes back also. I mean, I haven't played her in I don't know how long. I just think that she needs probably a break. She's been playing since she was 14, nonstop, more tournaments than what I could imagine to enter.
I think, you know, she'll take some time and hopefully she'll come back better than ever.

See? How sweet!!!

When talking about Kim's expectation of retiring in the next three years, Venus did a good comment again!

Q.Just wanted to ask you, there was a news reporting in Belgium regarding something to do with Kim Clijsters. I wanted to get your opinion on it. Her dad Leo said that in three years he thought she'd be off the court. In his view it was because of the length of the tour and the amount it takes out of players. I wanted to ask you whether, firstly, you're surprised by that news? Secondly, do you think she might go off the tour?
VENUS WILLIAMS: In another three years she's going to be finished?

Q. That's what he said, yes.
VENUS WILLIAMS: I think it's an interesting comment. I mean, obviously as a parent he's quite concerned about his daughter - and with good reason.
I also think that the tour is too long. If you're young, for example, I've been working very hard all of my life. Not only do you work on the court, but you work off the court. It's impossible to expect people to be able to play eleven months out of the year, not only the matches, but when you go home. If you're not training, you're going to lose when you do go out to play.
It is unreasonable in my opinion. I won't push myself to any level I feel I can't achieve personally. That's just the way I play my schedule.
You know, if you don't play a tournament, people are yelling and screaming this and that. But in the end, players have to take care of themselves and choose what's best.

Q. Do you hope that she does play beyond three years?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Yeah, I do. I think it would be a good thing. I hope, you know, all the players are around who play quite a while. When players are off the tour or a little injury, it gets to be that you miss playing them, especially if they're at the top.

Oh, I can't help myself like Venus!!!!!!!

Actually, there are some more comments that I really like!!! I will be her big fan till her retirement! You win my heart. Better luck next time!
win is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 06:51 AM   #2
country flag 1jackson2001
psychotic banana

1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of
Yes, Venus is a sweet young lady.

V.E.S.W.
Wimbledon 00, 01, 05, 07, 08
US Open 00, 01
1jackson2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 11:20 PM   #3
country flag vs1

vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold
She's ALL CLASS!!!

Here comes the sun

It's alright

You can come on out

SERENA WILLIAMS - 2005 AUSTRALIAN OPEN CHAMPION!!!

OFFICIAL BISHOP OF THE ROYAL COURT!

Andy_ & I are Zelda's Guys of the Decade!!!
vs1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 12:01 AM   #4
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
serena could learn a lot from big sis
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 02:59 AM   #5
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute
That's why Venus is my favorite always
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote