U.S. soldier killed in Afghan battle - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 07:18 AM   #1
CHOCO

CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy U.S. soldier killed in Afghan battle

U.S. soldier killed in Afghan battle

Unit came under fire in eastern Afghanistan

ASSOCIATED PRESS

KABUL, Afghanistan, Dec. 21 — A U.S. soldier was killed in a gun battle with enemy fighters in eastern Afghanistan on Saturday, the U.S. military said. Two other soldiers were injured in two separate incidents over the last 24 hours, the military said in a statement at Bagram Air Base, the headquarters of U.S. forces in Afghanistan.

THE MILITARY did not identify the soldier killed but said the soldier’s unit came under fire while on patrol in the eastern province of Paktika.
The firefight started “when enemy forces engaged U.S. forces at approximately 4 a.m.,” the statement said. The soldier was taken to a forward operating base in eastern Afghanistan and died during surgery.

ROCKETS FIRED AT COMPOUND

On Friday, a U.S. special operations soldier was hurt when rockets were fired at a U.S. compound in Asadabad, the capital of Afghanistan’s northeastern Kunar province. One landed near the soldier’s tent, the statement said.
The soldier was taken to Bagram where he underwent surgery.
“He’s currently in stable condition. His injuries were not life-threatening,” the statement said.

Immediately afterward, Bagram sent an A-10 aircraft to Asadabad. It strafed the area with 2,000 rounds from its 40-mm guns to try to flush out the enemy attackers. It was not known whether any of the attackers was hurt or killed.
A third solder was hurt in a weapons training exercise with the Afghan military near Spinboldak in southeast Afghanistan. The soldier was trying to correct a misfire on a rocket propelled grenade launcher at the time.
He was stable after undergoing surgery at the air base in Bagram.

15 SOLDIERS KILLED IN COMBAT

Fifteen U.S. servicemen have been killed in combat or hostile situations in Afghanistan since the U.S.-led anti-terror campaign began last autumn. The most recent fatality was on May 19.
Two U.S. Special Forces soldiers and their Afghan interpreter were injured in the capital Tuesday when an Afghan man hurled a grenade at their unmarked jeep on a crowded street. That attack was the first-ever grenade attack on American forces in Kabul.
CHOCO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 03:19 PM   #2
CHOCO

CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point
Old Dec 21st, 2002, 06:53 PM   #3
CHOCO

I think the US should concentrate more on Afghanistan than Iraq for this very reason.
Old Dec 21st, 2002, 07:29 PM   #4
country flag Warrior

Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by CHOCO
I think the US should concentrate more on Afghanistan than Iraq for this very reason.
Good point. I agree with you.
Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2002, 10:59 PM   #5
country flag Big Fat Pink Elephant
Team WTAworld

Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future

but no sympaty for the afghan soldiers? I'm sure more of them have died than the americans...

Wanna hångla?
Big Fat Pink Elephant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote