Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 84 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 06:25 PM   #1246
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

I thought they played well for the first half of the first set. The weak pt. was on Jankovic's serve. I thought Jankovic hogged the court a little. She seemed to get in Lucic's way a few times and Lucic became tentative. Lucic's court positioning not always on target. Jankovic seemed to have a lot of trouble putting balls away. She'd hit volleys but they seemed to usually come back. Lucic had too many return errors on soft serves.

Too bad they couldn't win because all the other qf matches ended in upsets.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 07:29 PM   #1247
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, draw is wide open. They looked great first 6 games, really GREAT.
But later on Mirjana was all over the place, also JJ wasn't serving well.
They could have beat this 2, I'm sure. Because after first 5 games I thought there's no way in hell they could lose(and that's how they probably looked like hole match against Makarova/Vesnina).
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #1248
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Also, such a smart play from Hsieh/Peng. They were serving and playing all the time on Lucic backhand, which is a great shot for singles but in doubles not as effective as it was hard for her to hit 4 outside-wide bh's in a row. Playing in the middle of the court is also playing on Jelena's weaker side(forehand) and caused a lot of confusion in team JJ/MLB.

If they were as focused as they were until JJ got broken they could never lose. But it happens. GL in Palermo, Lucic!
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #1249
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

I can't believe Bartoli is in the final at Wimbledon. What a cake draw. She hasn't beaten anyone ranked lower than herself. Her fans are raving about her mental fortitude, finding great form, etc. Delusional. I expect Lisicki or Radswanka to school her in the final unless they play a 17-15 in the third type match today and wear completely out in the process. Also, the highlights from Lucics demolition of Bartoli have mysteriously disappeared from youtube. Revisionist History?
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #1250
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

To all are American friends following Croatian players here on TF, Happy 4th of July
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #1251
ajmo!

Im just sick of hearing how Bartoli hits hard, she had like less than 10 winners against Mirjana because Lucic was hitting way harder.

I mean, Bartoli vs. Lisicki Wimbledon final.
Mirjana demolished Bartoli last year and this year in Birmingham she lost to Lisicki(winning the same amount of games). Plus Lisicki was lucky with bad bounce at the end of the match.

And they will earn 1400- 2000 points, one immortality and both millions of $.
Lucic won 100 points and 38 000 £.
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #1252
martinafan

martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Mirjana probably could have won another match or two, but let's be realistic - she's 31, near the end of her career and been ranked about 100-150 the last couple of seasons. She's not going to come out of nowhere and get to a SF at Wimbledon.

let's just enjoy the fact that she is still playing and seems to be having fun. Especially enjoy her doubles! Her and JJ are doing a fantastic job and may even be seeded at the US Open which would be awesome for them both!

Enjoy the last couple years of your career Mirjana. Have some fun! Hopefully her and jelena can have a good run and grab a doubles title somewhere! Or even a small singles title somewhere would be awesome too!
martinafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #1253
country flag KingOfSwing

KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinafan View Post
Yeah, Mirjana probably could have won another match or two, but let's be realistic - she's 31, near the end of her career and been ranked about 100-150 the last couple of seasons. She's not going to come out of nowhere and get to a SF at Wimbledon.

let's just enjoy the fact that she is still playing and seems to be having fun. Especially enjoy her doubles! Her and JJ are doing a fantastic job and may even be seeded at the US Open which would be awesome for them both!

Enjoy the last couple years of your career Mirjana. Have some fun! Hopefully her and jelena can have a good run and grab a doubles title somewhere! Or even a small singles title somewhere would be awesome too!
^ This. I really do come to like lucic and such good story. Just great to see this woman is doing job she loves working hard looking good all of it and even making some good $$$. Plus shes really hot looking woman do disgree a bit tho for I think she got big game enough and talent to win good but seems mental side of tennis her big problem. Feel for lucic cuz she wants it so bad gets in the way of her game. But yes think if she was gonna get over mental problems would already happened. No crime lucic not in top 10 of the wta. Amazing she can make living and that's lot of respect. Would love see her win singles title and more double with JJ. Lucic gonna win something good but will be freak run. Really big win but freak run before the hat hangs up.
KingOfSwing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1254
country flag KingOfSwing

KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all

plus too gotta say bartoli in final and to know lucic kill her last year. I cant deal that. I can't. And lisicki who lucic almost beats should beats two week ago how can this not thinking lucic might be finalist too? almost like insane. Hope bartoli win. Will be wimbledon win Seles never got.
KingOfSwing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #1255
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Is KingOfSwing the same poster as mikireturns :/
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #1256
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheDeuce View Post
Is KingOfSwing the same poster as mikireturns :/
- the thought has crossed my mind too...
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #1257
ajmo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
And doubles draw is shit again. Seeds in R1 and Vesnina/Makarova in R3.

Mirjana's doubles this year:

Australian Open: retired in R3
Won Midland (Czink)
Lost in Memphis R1 to team that made it to final.
Lost in Florianapolis R2 to team that made it to final.
Lost in Indian Wells R2 to team that made it to final.
Lost in Miami R1.
Lost in Stuttgart R2 to team that won the title.
Lost in Madrid R2 to team that made it to final.
Lost in Rome QF.
Lost in RG R3 to team that won the title.
Lost in Eastbourne R2 to team that won the title.
Hiseh and Peng are in final of Wimbledon for those who didn't see.
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 08:35 AM   #1258
ajmo!

Btw, I just had to share this:
http://instagram.com/p/bVuee2xlUy/
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #1259
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus. Wimbledon final
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #1260
ajmo!

I know. I just keep thinking of Lucic-Bartoli match last year watching this.