Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 82 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 1st, 2013, 02:12 PM   #1216
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

yes! let's go!! just a few more points!
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2013, 02:13 PM   #1217
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

DONE! great job
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 02:13 PM   #1218
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Its over. They basically destroyed a top team. That was awesome.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 02:14 PM   #1219
country flag croat123

i can't believe they did it! total destruction
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 02:15 PM   #1220
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Makarova and Vesnina won RG without dropping a set...And now they just lost 22 points less than MLB and JJ
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 02:20 PM   #1221
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

I think the grass surface is the difference. Even though Makarova and Vesnina like grass, Lucic is just so much better on grass than clay.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 02:30 PM   #1222
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

I also think this only says she's in huge form..and she could had similar result in singles..
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 02:32 PM   #1223
ajmo!

Was she even ranked in doubles last year before Wimbly?
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 03:27 PM   #1224
country flag WhatTheDeuce

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Wowwwwww what a win!
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 03:34 PM   #1225
country flag KingOfSwing

KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all

hooray JJ & lucic for spectacular win on RG champs! Grand Slam qfinalist must feel good! But hate to say it oh what chances could be in singles for both but maybe even more for lucic because Serena now OUT to lisicki in three sets SHOCKER and lucic so so so so close to beating lisicki in aegon and Petra still not look too brilliant in win Carla so I don't think it mad to say talented grass player with big game and already double qfinalist (like lucic!) could be wimbledon winner year like this with this draw. nomguarantee yes for sure but could have Ben done. But doubles can put player in history books too and $$$ at the grands slams. So proud of JJ /lucic!
KingOfSwing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 03:36 PM   #1226
ajmo!

and Serena out. This will not happen again. Top 3 seeds out already and 4th on the edge.

Hope Li wins it now, but this could have been Lucic year.

Even Bartoli's gonna get to QF and she's not playing any bettet than in 2012.

Maria, Vika and Serena out.. Mirjana can beat any other player on grass. But she DIDN'T CSN. At the age of 31 I would expect more from her. But her head was not clear and she wasnt focused at all in that 3rd set. If she was she would won it 62. If somebody said to her 'you are still in tournament with a great chance to beat top seed, keep fighting. On the other hand, she should have said that to herself. You can not be GS champion if you dont win matches from those situations. So the story again ends where it always ends for Mirjana and that's talking about what could have been.

In a real world she gets only 100 ranking points and she'll never win big tournament or have huge result again. And it's fine..she has also earned some nice money and she deserves every pound. I just wish she had done more.

Last edited by ajmo! : Jul 1st, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 04:18 PM   #1227
country flag KingOfSwing

KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
and Serena out. This will not happen again. Top 3 seeds out already and 4th on the edge.

Hope Li wins it now, but this could have been Lucic year.

Even Bartoli's gonna get to QF and she's not playing any bettet than in 2012.

Maria, Vika and Serena out.. Mirjana can beat any other player on grass. But she DIDN'T CSN. At the age of 31 I would expect more from her. But her head was not clear and she wasnt focused at all in that 3rd set. If she was she would won it 62. If somebody said to her 'you are still in tournament with a great chance to beat top seed, keep fighting. On the other hand, she should have said that to herself. You can not be GS champion if you dont win matches from those situations. So the story again ends where it always ends for Mirjana and that's talking about what could have been.

In a real world she gets only 100 ranking points and she'll never win big tournament or have huge result again. And it's fine..she has also earned some nice money and she deserves every pound. I just wish she had done more.
yeah got to wonder how long she can stay with motivate after loss like Carla. In watch that whole match few days back espn3 and so clear lucic should brush carla away like almost nothing. She stop moving was what happen but it come from the head you could see she got down miss those break chance at like for 2-1 and really got mental when was gonna so obvious be 4-4 and lucic is like wait, that game was already mine! But no. Then she start think too much instead of play. God why is didn't she look at her coach get hand signal something to say CALM down start put it back together girl.? But maybe lucic going about it all wrong. Get tomquarterfinals or better big events need lots more wins for confidence then she gets and she only get wins here or there on tour cuz she dont play enough challenger mixed with wtas. One guy say she wants the money but it don't make sense if she lose 1st round qualy some small wta event she get little bit money but no confidence. She play decent challenger 50k or even 25k sure she have to work more but by end of week if she play good she have just as much money as losing 1st round wta qualy PLUS match wins few of them or maybe all of them. Players needs to have wins in the belt when time comes to get through matches like the Carla match. That extra bit confidence. So I don't buy the lucic wants only win $$$ out there instead work hard in few small events time to time. Better win 3 4 maybe 5 match at ITF and have same money + confidence in the mental bank then lose 1st round wta qualy or whatever and have same $$$ but no wins. Point I think if she keeps injuries away anything can happen still for lucic for maybe one more year maybe two but only if she plays smart schedule to have more match tough. Strike me that lucic totally player who plays good on a roll. don't matter now this Wimbledon singles over for her but doubles big time alive and we see what happens. Don't want to jinks her and JJ so wish the best. GL girls! Wimbledon quarter finalists now
KingOfSwing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 05:37 PM   #1228
ajmo!

Well she wants to enjoy main tour and I get.it. It's not only about money but also level of organization. She has spent a couple of years on USTA challengers and it's normal that she doesnt want to go back there.
She's not out there to be ranked high, she's searching for another big moment under the sun. Something like WTA title or big run at a slam.

If they could win doubles here it could do wonders for confidence, even in singles.
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 05:44 PM   #1229
country flag volume3d

volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of

wow amazing win today...win it all Miki !

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 07:56 PM   #1230
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSwing View Post
One guy say she wants the money but it don't make sense if she lose 1st round qualy some small wta event she get little bit money but no confidence. She play decent challenger 50k or even 25k sure she have to work more but by end of week if she play good she have just as much money as losing 1st round wta qualy PLUS match wins few of them or maybe all of them. Players needs to have wins in the belt when time comes to get through matches like the Carla match. That extra bit confidence. So I don't buy the lucic wants only win $$$ out there instead work hard in few small events time to time. Better win 3 4 maybe 5 match at ITF and have same money + confidence in the mental bank then lose 1st round wta qualy or whatever and have same $$$ but no wins.
One guy here First of all, congrats to the girls for a really awesome win, which I hoped for but didn't really see coming - great job gals, proud of you
Now onto the quote. My thoughts exactly and that's what I was talking about, it's clear that she wants to play only the best tournaments her ranking will allow, cause that way she earns the same for losing in the first round as for going far in some ITF (case in point, this year for bombing out in R1 of Madrid she earned virtually the same as for reaching the finals of a 25k back in 2009). But I wonder which of those two choices is better for her tennis in the long run. The math is simple:

- in 2010 she played a total of 25 events, 17 of which were ITF's, started the year at #259 and ended it at #96 with a win-loss ratio of 54-23 and around $92000 in the bank
- in 2011 she played a total of 31 events, 7 of which were ITF's, started the year at #96 and ended it at #129 with a win-loss ratio of 25-31 and around $143000 in the bank

So 50% more money for a far worse w-l ratio and losing early most of the weeks because of insisting to play on the Main Tour. But guess what was her confidence like during and after each of these seasons. And she continues down the same path for the third year in a row now, playing just enough to keep herself in main draws of slams, playing big events in the vast majority of the cases and lacking both gameplay and confidence. Out of 17 events she played this year, only two were ITF's and her w-l ratio is 15-17. And we all saw the state of her mental side in the CSN match.

I wonder if she sees what I see or even cares enough to see it.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote