Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 77 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #1141
country flag KingOfSwing

KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

. One win she had here but this was best draw she ever gonna see in life at her best tournament. who can think she will get up in rankings ever? Doubles is best chance to have run worth something. Singles never gonna pan for her after all this time more than 90's low 100's. sad but true she is big head case. GL in future events, lucic.
KingOfSwing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #1142
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
she fell apart after missing the break at 1-1 in the second, but she regrouped from 1-4 to 3-4 game pt. If she had just won that pt, things could have been vastly different. In tennis, one or two pts really can make the difference. It's so mental.
also that point at deuce at 3-5 after she had saved 3 set points...

she just had loads of chances and couldn't do it

i have to say it though--it's sad that the courts are so slow that a pusher can play so well
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #1143
country flag KingOfSwing

KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all

Bouchard winning ivanlvic too. This was maybe QF chance for grass power like lucic. Maybe some good wins summer will put back to 100. She probly feel awful.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #1144
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

This Wimbledon was even better chance for R4 or even QF! I mean, Bouchard is big talent but Miki on grass would be favorite...just can't believe what wasted opportunity, this one really hurts...a lot.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #1145
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

I just cant..
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #1146
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

But really, that first set- I strongly believe there's just one other girl capable of playing such a set, and we all know who she is.
Just so unhappy with her, how and why couldn't she regroup on the start of the 3rd set.

There will not be a lot of more Wimbledons for her, and she's not getting any younger. This was great chance for R16 or QF maybe even(Kvitova looks so bad). And once she would get on that train(with Azarenka out of the tournament) I don't even want to think what she could have done.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #1147
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

I see one issue here, as the main reason for this, and many previous losses.

Miki starts off blistering, like today, firing from all cylinders and just plays some tennis that is not from this world. And holds it for a set, maybe a game or two longer than that. But then, due to the fact that she is not 21 but 31 years old, her energy levels, and her accuracy and mental focus along with it, start deteriorating rapidly. It's something quite normal for a player of her style and her age. Her game requires razor sharp focus and an instinctive shot making at full power - something that's not easy to do even for young, in-form girls. Some of you have said that CSN raised her level as the match went on, and to a certain degree that's true, but I think it's even more a perception put on by other factors. In my opinion, due to the nature of her game, Mirjana's level drops considerably more as the match goes on, than what the other player's level raises. As I see it, CSN's level in set 3 wasn't that much better than at the start of the match, but the main difference was that in set 1 Mirjana played with such ferocity, accuracy and determination, that all CSN could do was stand and watch, as she wasn't even able to come to 3 feet of most of Miki's shots. But Miki is like that - she starts off at 100%, goes down to 60 by the end of the first set, and ends the match at around 40. Players like Suarez Navarro have the ability to sustain a reasonably high level throughout the match. Mirjana is no Serena or Sharapova, who can play on an insanely high level all match (we saw what Serena can do in the semis of the French - something Miki is trying but ends up empty handed) and that's why she has to have a plan B. Something that would help her hold it together when things are not going perfectly, when her shots aren't going 200 mph (in a matter of speaking). In the last two sets it was obvious that Mirjana's shots are considerably slower than at the start of the match, when she was fresh as a daisy, and that they're in fact not faster at all than the ones fired by Suarez Navarro. And once that happened, it was painfully clear who is the one that'll be able to hold her level for longer.

It's sad, but it's reality. With the level of play from the first set Miki is a contender for multiple slams. But without a plan B, she is still to reach top 70 even six years after the comeback. Don't think much can be done about it this late in her career, which is depressing. Even more depressing is to see what sort of a chance she could've had this year considering the draw. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Good luck in the next one Miki
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #1148
ajmo!

Had she won the one of those break points at 1-1 or that point on advantage at 3-4 I'm 99% sure she would won in two sets today.
And the draw was looking so open...
Maybe I'm just crazy, but I think she had a chance to make it to Wimbledon SF if she won one of those 2 points.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #1149
ajmo!

hard to think of anything now, but i hope she will enter mix doubles(would like to see her with dodig if they can get in).
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #1150
ajmo!

Birnerova and Knapp are in R3...
Just wish Mirjana played Eranni or somebody like that..Maybe Lepchenko, I'm sure she would win.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #1151
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Had she won the one of those break points at 1-1 or that point on advantage at 3-4 I'm 99% sure she would won in two sets today.
And the draw was looking so open...
Maybe I'm just crazy, but I think she had a chance to make it to Wimbledon SF if she won one of those 2 points.
you're spot on in saying those critical pts. missed cost her the chance to win in two sets. I don't know about it costing her a SF but those pts did really cost her the match, especially at 3-4. If she holds there she has momentum and much pressure is on Navarro at 4-4. If she makes 4-4 she is in exactly the same position as the Arvidson match where she broke at 4-4 and served It out. The fist set score was even the same in that match. One lousy pt totally changed the match.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #1152
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
I see one issue here, as the main reason for this, and many previous losses.

Miki starts off blistering, like today, firing from all cylinders and just plays some tennis that is not from this world. And holds it for a set, maybe a game or two longer than that. But then, due to the fact that she is not 21 but 31 years old, her energy levels, and her accuracy and mental focus along with it, start deteriorating rapidly. It's something quite normal for a player of her style and her age. Her game requires razor sharp focus and an instinctive shot making at full power - something that's not easy to do even for young, in-form girls. Some of you have said that CSN raised her level as the match went on, and to a certain degree that's true, but I think it's even more a perception put on by other factors. In my opinion, due to the nature of her game, Mirjana's level drops considerably more as the match goes on, than what the other player's level raises. As I see it, CSN's level in set 3 wasn't that much better than at the start of the match, but the main difference was that in set 1 Mirjana played with such ferocity, accuracy and determination, that all CSN could do was stand and watch, as she wasn't even able to come to 3 feet of most of Miki's shots. But Miki is like that - she starts off at 100%, goes down to 60 by the end of the first set, and ends the match at around 40. Players like Suarez Navarro have the ability to sustain a reasonably high level throughout the match. Mirjana is no Serena or Sharapova, who can play on an insanely high level all match (we saw what Serena can do in the semis of the French - something Miki is trying but ends up empty handed) and that's why she has to have a plan B. Something that would help her hold it together when things are not going perfectly, when her shots aren't going 200 mph (in a matter of speaking). In the last two sets it was obvious that Mirjana's shots are considerably slower than at the start of the match, when she was fresh as a daisy, and that they're in fact not faster at all than the ones fired by Suarez Navarro. And once that happened, it was painfully clear who is the one that'll be able to hold her level for longer.

It's sad, but it's reality. With the level of play from the first set Miki is a contender for multiple slams. But without a plan B, she is still to reach top 70 even six years after the comeback. Don't think much can be done about it this late in her career, which is depressing. Even more depressing is to see what sort of a chance she could've had this year considering the draw. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Good luck in the next one Miki
Well, this is partly true, but she doesn't always drop her level as much as she did today. Against Bartoli, she didn't drop her level much the whole match. Against Vesnina earlier this year, she dropped it some but not as much. Today, her level dropped considerably at 1-2 in the second set, but she got it back briefly. She just didn't win the crucial pts. in the second set that she needed. It wasn't like she just stopped playing good at the end of the first set until the end of the match. However, she sucked in the third set but I think some of that was mental frrm knowing she could have won it in two sets.

Seeing that Bouchard beat Ivanovic makes this loss that much worse. Bourchard doesn't have the experience or the defense to beat Lucic on grass. I think Navarro will beat Bouchard.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #1153
country flag KingOfSwing

I did not get to see first set must have been something but lucic look like mental she went on a strol in the sets 2,3. What the other one said about SF no joke because lets face it this match was lucic to win and now ivanlvic gone, Vika gone, Kvitova look terrible what can you say. Lucic can never ever say she the draw was unlucky for her or never give her big chance again. Yes her level go down in match when it goes bad but her head is reason. She try different plans like three dropshots there but mostly look like she lose all belief she can win. Plus side she got one win here but don't think she gonna be too thrilled when she must know she was almost the big dark horse of this whole womens Wimbledon. Win this match she was in QF or Sf or maybe even final (if Masha loses to awful de burrito). Lucic best thing should think doubles run maybe trophy and try finish year in top 100 get to quarterfinal so,e where. Make $$$$. She seem such nice girl and so talent. Look at her stats past few years she wastee too much playing tour qual matches that give no points when she should play good challengers to bring the ranking up and have less need to get stuck in wta qual. And no doubles mostly for these years when she got the talent? Look to me like she thought hey anyway now I gonna win big event but not likely now. Great wins this year onnvoegele Yanina vesnina pliskova oprandi arvidsson strycovah and players who give her trouble is good but no gains made when she has to come through qualify. Look to me like mix of bad choices planning keep lucic from breakout she could have. God de Brito serving for match Masha. Gonna be sick
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #1154
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

On a side note, looks like we'll watch another joke of a slam final this year...Serena will probably face someone like Kvitova/Li/Bartoli/Aga in the final now that MaSha is out and we all know what that means...
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #1155
country flag SERVivor

the way the upsets have been raining down it would be funny if Serena lost and didn't make the final but I doubt it will happen