Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 64 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 20th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #946
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
Wow, so fastly she became much higher ranked in doubles than in singles!
Well she was always a great doubles potential, but her career choices in the past decade or so didn't reflect that at all. Hope it changes, cause she is definately capable of winning big doubles titles IMO.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #947
country flag KingOfSwing

KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all

Shit. Bad luck lucic. Coco get LL spot in draw against Goerges.
KingOfSwing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #948
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

not really bad luck...miki didn't even make it through a round...
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #949
country flag KingOfSwing

KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all

Oh yeah right I forgot. Straight sets loss to 163. Hope she and JJ get good draws for doubles. If Lucicmwin one match singles with this form I'm very surprised but I do hope she can win,one at least.
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:55 AM   #950
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSwing View Post
Oh yeah right I forgot. Straight sets loss to 163. Hope she and JJ get good draws for doubles. If Lucicmwin one match singles with this form I'm very surprised but I do hope she can win,one at least.
When it comes to Mirjana you can't really talk about "form." Her performance varies wildly from week to week.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:16 AM   #951
country flag KingOfSwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
When it comes to Mirjana you can't really talk about "form." Her performance varies wildly from week to week.
Yes why is this? I start to watch some of lucic after she begin doubles with JJ who is my favorite and I see the matches in Stutgartt and was impressed w the poise. Why the unstable tennis week to week? Shes very fit and seems such. I dunno. Concentration problems? She kills top players one week then next is bad losses except doubles. Seem like allthe ingredient are there to play and beat the good players. She play good for 31 that's for sure. Hope things get in favor for her.
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:29 AM   #952
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSwing View Post
Yes why is this?
She plays what's in tennis vocabulary known as "low percentage game", meaning that she is an offensive player with a powerful, agressive style who goes for her shots even if there is a small chance (low percentage opportunity) that things will go her way. It's a very risky playing style as your focus and preparation for each shot have to be top notch to do great results (which she was doing as a teen). In other words, she is playing similar to the likes of Sharapova, but she is obviously not as successful in execution of her attempts. Part of the reason is physical inferiority (particularly in mobility) and part are lapses in concentration.
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:12 AM   #953
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Also, she missed a couple of years..around 5 years from 21-26 or something like that, which should be top years for every athlete. She was out due to family and financial problems, but you can use google and find out more about that. That just prevented her from developing her game, and also took a lot of what she had. But, yes it's nice to see that she can still beat top 10 player at times and be ranked in top 100 in both singles and doubles, it's even bigger succes when you see how she was playing in comeback years from 2008 until early 2010.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:23 PM   #954
country flag KingOfSwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Also, she missed a couple of years..around 5 years from 21-26 or something like that, which should be top years for every athlete. She was out due to family and financial problems, but you can use google and find out more about that. That just prevented her from developing her game, and also took a lot of what she had. But, yes it's nice to see that she can still beat top 10 player at times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
She plays what's in tennis vocabulary known as "low percentage game", meaning that she is an offensive player with a powerful, agressive style who goes for her shots even if there is a small chance (low percentage opportunity) that things will go her way. It's a very risky playing style as your focus and preparation for each shot have to be top notch to do great results (which she was doing as a teen).
yes thanks both. I saw today on utube some match of lucic i think from last year and she beats bartoli on grass! It was not like whole matchbbut highlights. Lucic was playing like against vesnina few weeks ago. Only bartoli much tougher than vesnina esp on Wimbledon courts. I didn't know lucic left tennis for so long. Quite a harsh road for her life but looking good now. As for play yes the risk is high with this kind of play. Does it make sense for her to increase percentages even little bit and maybe win more against crap players like #163? At least try if things not going to plan? It would be nice to see more of her in later rounds of events. U can tell she tries very hard in matches. Just hope she doesn't get JJ first rd Roland Garos!
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #955
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Again a seed in grand Slam: Lepchenko. If she wins Oprandi probably in R2. Not an easy draw at all.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #956
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

was hoping she would get Paszek once known she will face a seeded player.

Lepchenko is good on clay, would be lucky to win here.

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #957
country flag ma re

Two of some of the most in-form players this Spring for the first two rounds of a slam - that's what I call a really bad draw. But at least she should be motivated...
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #958
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future

She's beaten Lepchenko before so can certainly do it . Could be much worse and in all fairness, would you pick her to beat ANYBODY in the draw ?
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #959
country flag ma re

Miki might actually get a walkover into R2 if this Brussels weather continues, cause that one could last for another 10 days or so looking at how much rain they got this week
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #960
country flag KingOfSwing

Oh too bad. One of my fave player Varvara. Vavara never get any love or recognize by the press but she is playing good these days. Is lucic good against lefthand players? Varvara will win probably two sets but hope it is good match cuz I like lucic now too.