Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 63 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #931
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

yeah, me to. i hope things open for her in brussels because now she lost 30 points + possibly 46 next week would mean 76..so she'll need do good
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #932
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

I do like that doubles combo with JJ, they seem to be a good team.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #933
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

I checked the pages for the Strasbourg and Brussels tournaments. It appears there is a chance lucic could still get in the main draw at Strabourg = she is something like the 10th alt to the main draw. She did not enter the Strabourg qualifying. She did, however enter the Brussels qualifying. So it appears if she does not get directly in to Strasbourg, she will play Brussels qualifying. Does this make sense. I didn't know you could put yourself on the list for the MD of one tournament, and on the qualifying list of another tournament that is taking place simultaneously.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #934
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

She'll play Brussels, I'm sure.
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #935
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Mirjana at #81 in doubles this week, up from #87
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:23 AM   #936
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
I checked the pages for the Strasbourg and Brussels tournaments. It appears there is a chance lucic could still get in the main draw at Strabourg = she is something like the 10th alt to the main draw. She did not enter the Strabourg qualifying. She did, however enter the Brussels qualifying. So it appears if she does not get directly in to Strasbourg, she will play Brussels qualifying. Does this make sense. I didn't know you could put yourself on the list for the MD of one tournament, and on the qualifying list of another tournament that is taking place simultaneously.
Well technically you don't sign up for either main draw or qualifying of any tournament unless you specify MDO (main draw only) or QDO (qualifying draw only) on your application. Usually you just sign up and see where the list takes you. It's perfectly normal for players to sign up for more tournaments than one per week, and it's a common practice on both WTA and ITF tour. I've seen players signing up for 5 ITF's which are all taking place at the same week - list on some is such that you land directly into the MD and on others such that you end up in the qualies so you decide for yourself which field suits your current circumstances better (and withdraw from the rest).
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #937
ajmo!

Mirjana entered Strasbourg as 2nd priority, so it's more or less sure she'll play in belgium. And a good decision. It's easier with soem luck to win 3 qualy matches and one MD (earning 80 points) than to get to Strasbourg QF(70 points).
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #938
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Well technically you don't sign up for either main draw or qualifying of any tournament unless you specify MDO (main draw only) or QDO (qualifying draw only) on your application. Usually you just sign up and see where the list takes you. It's perfectly normal for players to sign up for more tournaments than one per week, and it's a common practice on both WTA and ITF tour. I've seen players signing up for 5 ITF's which are all taking place at the same week - list on some is such that you land directly into the MD and on others such that you end up in the qualies so you decide for yourself which field suits your current circumstances better (and withdraw from the rest).
thanks for the explanation. I think Brusells will have a much tougher qualifying draw than Strasbourg. Hopefully she can get a few wins there.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #939
ajmo!

Not a huge news, but Mirjana and JJ entered RG doubles.
Old May 17th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #940
ajmo!

Brussels Q-draw:
(2)Mirjana Lucic-Baroni v Nadiya Kichenok
Shuai Zhang v Melinda Czink
Shahar Peer v Kristina Kucova
Greta Arn v (5)Kristyna Pliskova
Old May 17th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #941
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

tough draw imo
Old May 20th, 2013, 05:54 AM   #942
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Nice big jump in Mirjana's doubles ranking this week: from 81 to 70
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:04 AM   #943
country flag networthy

^ Right before the Australian Open Mirjana was ranked around 230 in doubles.
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #944
ajmo!

And she didn't even had ranking before Wimbledon last year, if I'm not mistaken.
This is good, she might even get into mix draw in RG now.

Also, Jankovic/Lucic Baroni are 14th in race.
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #945
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, so fastly she became much higher ranked in doubles than in singles!