Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 01:50 AM   #871
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
If they win they have big chance for final, but I see germans as favorites.

Just read on Li thread that she might wd to go to China, but I doubt that since she's on tomorrrows OOP.
Anyway, not sure I would like Mirjana to play Muguruza either but we will see..
I hope Li doesn't withdraw. I doubt she would have come to Germany if she was thinking about not playing or had an injury. Maybe she got scared watching Mirjana.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #872
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Really wouldn't like Li to withdraw cause it might be a firecracker of a match.

Ajmo Miki
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 08:13 AM   #873
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
I hope Li doesn't withdraw. I doubt she would have come to Germany if she was thinking about not playing or had an injury. Maybe she got scared watching Mirjana.
She should meet French president in Beijing to promote sport of China. It sounds weird but it's China. Maybe she'll tank
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #874
country flag 10SGUMP

10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice

Live stream?
10SGUMP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #875
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

li dealing easily with lucic power
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #876
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

As expected, Li was way too consistent for Mirjana, as she would've been for most players present on the Tour. She is a complete player with many strenghts and when she plays well very few girls can harm her. With regular opposition in the form of the Williams sisters and Sharapova (to name a few) she is more than used to big hitting on a high level, so Mirjana's power wasn't much of a problem for her. She can play high level rallies virtually whenever necessary, come to the net and attack very quickly, which is pretty much enough to eliminate most of her opponents.

So all in all, Miki had a task that was very tough to handle, and as much as she fought (am proud of her for that), she could barely keep up with the Chinese. Li was virtually flawless at the start of the match so the 1st set result is not much of a surprise, but when she started playing more like the rest of mere mortals Miki could actually win something. No one can really take anything from Mirjana this time, she played well and fought hard, she is probably a little tired by now as well, while Li had only her first match today.

Still at least one more match to play this year in Stuttgart, but whatever happens next this was already a hugely successful week for Miki. Looking forward to tomorrow to see if she can keep it up for a little while longer.

Great job team Lucic!
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #877
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Lucic-Baroni is on the qualifying list for the tournament in Portugal which begins Sat. I have a feeling she will pull out since she is still in doubles in Germany and doesn't have points to defend next week, I think.
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #878
ajmo!

She's out already. Good choice, Madrid Q start on Friday and she's still in doubles in Stuttgart, also probably tired.
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #879
ajmo!

Don't know should I hope for Lisicki or JJ to win today.
Whoever does, will be playing doubles tomorrow shortly after singles.
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #880
ajmo!

Sabine won, fireing 11 aces. Not great news for doubles but at least Mirjana and Jankovic will have more time to get ready.
It will be very hard, all germans are playing crazy good in doubles in Stuttgart.
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 06:09 AM   #881
country flag ma re

Well, at least we know Mirjana has been playing pretty much "crazy good" this week as well The match is scheduled for 21:30 CET and I'm really looking forward. Miki has changed quite a lot in her game and it's really pleasant game to watch now. Against Li she was again mixing things up nicely, and won quite a few points with terrific drop shots. Speaking of winning points, yes, Mirjana made a good number of UE's as well, but those came simply due to lower consistency level in rallies compared to Li, they were not really just wild shots coming as a result of impatience or something. Also, I've never seen how many points has each of them won. Considering this 15 game match lasted about 75 minutes it wouldn't surprise me if they were much closer than the result suggests.

Good luck this evening girls!
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #882
country flag SERVivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Well, at least we know Mirjana has been playing pretty much "crazy good" this week as well The match is scheduled for 21:30 CET and I'm really looking forward. Miki has changed quite a lot in her game and it's really pleasant game to watch now. Against Li she was again mixing things up nicely, and won quite a few points with terrific drop shots. Speaking of winning points, yes, Mirjana made a good number of UE's as well, but those came simply due to lower consistency level in rallies compared to Li, they were not really just wild shots coming as a result of impatience or something. Also, I've never seen how many points has each of them won. Considering this 15 game match lasted about 75 minutes it wouldn't surprise me if they were much closer than the result suggests.

Good luck this evening girls!
heres the link to the Lucic-Na box score:

http://www.protennislive.com/lshd/ma...pworldtour.com

Lucic-Baroni won 43 total pts. Li Na won 70

Lucic: 23 pts won on serve, 20 on return.
Li Na: 29 pts won on serve, 41 on retrun
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #883
country flag ma re

Thanks for that SERVivor, goes to show how well she played. With, unfortunately, having won just 20% of games, she won almost 40% of points that were played. That's pretty great against top 5 opposition.
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #884
country flag SERVivor

the entire lucic-Vesnina Stuttgart match is now on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWi07-TG9SU
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 06:44 AM   #885
country flag kuroishijin

kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
the entire lucic-Vesnina Stuttgart match is now on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWi07-TG9SU
That was great performance from Lucic, thanks for the link. I hope we will have chance to see more such matches this year from our lady
kuroishijin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote