Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 56 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:12 PM   #826
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

Not just any premier, strongest premier tournament of the year
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:18 PM   #827
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Miki must be excited with her first-round opponent.

She's 2-0 against Vesnina, including on clay!
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:20 PM   #828
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

They'll play on CC tomorrow. at 1:30 pm
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:27 PM   #829
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

I sure hope they have a livestream. I didn't expect a matchup with Vesnina to be on the main court. That's a pleasant surprise.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:30 PM   #830
ajmo!

A lot of players are still playing FC today and I guess they need extra rest, plus main star have bye in R1 and thing clicked.
And yes, there will be a livestream.

Win tomorrow could bring top90 next week.

Last edited by ajmo! : Apr 22nd, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:40 PM   #831
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

great! I'm liking the Vesnina matchup. Mijana is 2 and 0 against her. Vesnina has not played on clay this year. The Fed Cup tie with Japan was on Indoor hard. Vesnina lost her singles match to Morita. She did win the decider which was a doubles match. Finally, we can hope Vesnina downed a liberal amount of Russian Vodka with her team in a late night celebration and will be hung over after the flight from Moscow. Lol.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:12 PM   #832
ajmo!

She played Morita in February.
This week she played FC on indoor clay against Slovakia.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:14 PM   #833
country flag SERVivor

sorry I got my facts messed up. Still, a good chance tomorrow.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:14 PM   #834
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

At least she didn't get Petrova. Phew...

Regardless, it's already a good week for Mirjana, with three wins against some tough opponents. It's a meager 20 ranking points but she'll get almost 5,000 euros for her efforts.

Still, a win tomorrow would be phenomenal. She has been ranked ~100 for so long, and so many times she has needed just one more win for a rankings break-through, and hasn't been able to do it.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:20 PM   #835
ajmo!

I hope good Mirjana shows up tomorrow. First match of the tournament, all eyes on Mirjana.. She has the game to beat Vesnina, but Elena is much like Mirjana-hot and cold. But she has more consistency, and less power. it will be interesting
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:28 PM   #836
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Thought it was worth updating this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Can Mirjana end the WTA year in the top 100?

She was close the previous three years but didn't quite make it:
2012: 108
2011: 116
2010: 105

In terms of ranking points, this year, with 10 tournaments played, Mirjana is just ahead of 2012 (11 tournaments) and well ahead of 2011 and 2010:

2013 ... 191 points
Sydney ... 1
Australian Open ... 5
Midland ... 36
Memphis ... 6
Florianopolis ... 1
Indian Wells ... 80
Miami ... 1
Osprey ... 1
Charleston ... 40
Stuttgart ... 20

2012 ... 180 points
Brisbane ... 1
Sydney ... 8
Australian Open ... 40
Midland ... 18
Memphis ... 1
Indian Wells ... 1
Nassau ... 20
Miami ... 20
Osprey ... 1
Charleston ... 52
Dothan ... 18

2011 ... 36 points
Auckland ... 6
Sydney ... 1
Australian Open ... 5
Indian Wells ... 20
Nassau ... 1
Miami ... 1
Charleston ... 1
Stuttgart ... 1

2010 ... 83 points
Plantation ... 8
Lutz ... 8
Rancho Mirage ... 8
Clearwater ... 0
Fort Walton Beach ... 0
Pelham ... 8
Jackson ... 50
Osprey ... 1
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 08:39 PM   #837
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Mirjana! Elena could be tricky though, she's been in decent form so far this year.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 09:18 PM   #838
country flag volume3d

volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of

Tomorrow first match on CC, cant wait to see her play

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 08:52 AM   #839
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future

if anyone is struggling for feeds, you should be able to get one from here ! http://www.streamhunter.eu/tennis-li...ing-video.html
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 11:39 AM   #840
ajmo!

Good news that doubles will also be on stream.