Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 24th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #721
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

Have u seen Osprey Q-draw? This is crazy, q-draw for a 50k.
Singles Qualifying Draw

(1)Sharon Fichman (CAN) v Jill Craybas (USA)
Virginie Razzano (FRA) v Julia Glushko (ISR)
Irena Pavlovic (FRA) v Arantxa Parra-Santonja (ESP)
(5)Eva Birnerova (CZE) v (wc)Jennifer Elie (USA)

(2)Michelle Larcher De Brito (POR) v Alison Riske (USA)
Mariana Duque-Marino (COL) v Kurumi Nara (JPN)
Ashleigh Barty (AUS) v Kathrin Woerle (GER)
(6)Nastassja Burnett (ITA) v Florencia Molinero (ARG)

(3)Claire Feuerstein (FRA) v Tereza Mrdeza (CRO)
Veronica Cepede Royg (PAR) v (wc)Caroline B. Dailey (USA)
(wc)Jennifer Brady (USA) v Johanna Konta (GBR)
(7)Jessica Pegula (USA) v Yuliya Beygelzimer (UKR)

(4)Paula Ormaechea (ARG) v Valeria Solovyeva (RUS)
Madison Brengle (USA) v (wc)Sanaz Marand (USA)
(wc)Mari Osaka (JPN) v Catalina Castano (COL)
(8)Laura Pous-Tio (ESP) v (wc)Allie Kiick (USA)
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #722
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Still recovering from doubles, I feel they could have done huge damage in this tournament. And if you look that Mirjana won Midland then in Memphis R1 lost to team that got to final, in Florianapolis R2 same thing, in IW again in R2 she faces a team that goes to final after beating Mirjana and her partner. Also, they were even with Hsieh and Peng that are among top doubles teams (last weak def. Errani/Vinci 62 63 and lost to Petrova Srebotnik, also in AOpen lost to Italians with a set won 60).
I have seen some clips from IW, Mirjana has improved in doubles A LOT. I just hope she gets some better result on WTA level soon.
She and Zheng would be hell of a team on grass, really.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #723
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

Where is she playing next ?

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #724
ajmo!

Osprey.

Mirjana Lucic-Baroni (CRO) v Marta Sirotkina (RUS)
(2)Andrea Hlavackova (CZE) v (wc)Chiara Scholl (USA)

Last edited by ajmo! : Mar 25th, 2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #725
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Pretty good draw at Osprey. Sirotkina has played exactly one match on clay in the last twelve months. Hlavackova is not particularly good on clay. Mirjana owns Scholl in their previous mathes. Cadantu is overated ranking wise. I believe Johansson is legitimately tough on clay. In short, I think Mirjana should get at least to the QF.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #726
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
Pretty good draw at Osprey. Sirotkina has played exactly one match on clay in the last twelve months. Hlavackova is not particularly good on clay. Mirjana owns Scholl in their previous mathes. Cadantu is overated ranking wise. I believe Johansson is legitimately tough on clay. In short, I think Mirjana should get at least to the QF.
Two weeks ago I would have shared your optimism but after that nightmare against Zhang I wouldn't be confident about her winning a set against anyone in the draw. Hopefully that was just a hangover from the Wickmayer loss and she'll be back to the player she was 3 weeks ago.
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #727
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

^^my feelings exactly. before the miami match, i would have put her as one of the favorites in the draw. now i'm convinced she'll lose to everyone hopefully she proves me wrong
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #728
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

I can't find any livescore links for this tournament. Bet365 isn't showing any nor the ITF site or flashscore.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #729
country flag SERVivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdelaney View Post
Two weeks ago I would have shared your optimism but after that nightmare against Zhang I wouldn't be confident about her winning a set against anyone in the draw. Hopefully that was just a hangover from the Wickmayer loss and she'll be back to the player she was 3 weeks ago.
Yea, I basically threw out the Zhang match and went with overall recent performance of her and potential opponents. I too hope the Zhang fiasco was an aberration.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #730
ajmo!

Maybe she was just partying to much, after all she had great week in IW and it was her B-day, Plus, there are many things that can go wrong (even just for a day) with your health and so on. I'm very optimstic with the set and the half she and Zhen played in doubles. I mean, they were winning over 60% of points on return and 100% on second( you can't do that against a decent team without good game of ground and at the net) for a set and a half. I feel good about this tournament, and yes, I expect QF or SF.

Mirjana's 4 out of MD in Charleston. Can she again stay 1 out like last year in Wimbledon, Carlsbad, Dallas, Beijing(Q) and this year Memphis? Hope not because Q-draw will be strong.

Last edited by ajmo! : Mar 26th, 2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #731
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
I feel good about this tournament, and yes, I expect QF or SF.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #732
ajmo!

Don't get why would anybody be so surprised. She's surely having better year than Hlavackova and Sirotkina, one tournament doesn't mean much.
Lets just see Andrea:
lost in Shenzen to Zakopalova 16 16, In Melbourne to Vekic 16 26, in Sydney to Cepelova 63 16 46, Paris to Fuerstein 36 46, Doha - Petrova 26 36, Memphis lost to Watson 62 06 36, Indian Wells lost to Kuza 16 36 and in Miami lost to Duval 67 46.
She only beat worst Pliskova and Oudin (in 3 sets!)
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #733
country flag SERVivor

Match is over by now or near end. It's a joke that Osprey has no livescore links anywhere. It's a 50k with a very good field for a 50k.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #734
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future

Perhaps we could all make a prediction ?
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #735
country flag SERVivor

she lost 6-2 6-1 according to the Osprey tennisforum page. Mark, you apparently were right on about your feelings about her form. I was wrong unfortuanetly