Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 44 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #646
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
If Mirjana is first alt at Osprey it must be an insanely deep draw!
Mirjana is first out of MD, not first alt.
She will be in MD for sure.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #647
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

^Likely she'll be there, then. I concur with Ajmo, though in the sense she would get a break before Europe.

Depending on how the next 3 weeks go, she may not feel the pressure to play it (let's hope!)

Today or tomorrow she is 31 and in the best fitness of her life. Well done, Miki! Stay the course, keep the focus, and keep this coach/gameplan!

GL against YW tomorrow and also in dubs. Go for it!
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #648
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Just saw the Osprey list: !!!

Easily a strong 100K or WTA 125 field.

Well, a lot of those players live and train in the vicinity and it will give local tennis fans a great chance to see some fairly high-level competition. Then again, there are few in the Osprey community/vicinity who lack the means to get to any elite tournament they might wish to attend.

It's a very ~nice~ neighborhood.
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #649
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Tsurenko (Q) beat Shvedova (31)

Come on, Mirjana, you too can cause the upset!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #650
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
And happy bday Miki!!!
Tomorrow!
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #651
country flag networthy

Tomorrow's schedule is out. Only singles for Mirjana: first match on C6.

Good luck. Go get your birthday present!
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #652
country flag mikireturns

Wow. Winning a title for the first time in 3 years has apparently energized Jelena Jankovic.

She just handed Kuzie a bagel.

That bodes well for her playing-attitude in dubs with Mirjana.

She wants $$$ to pay our outlandish (pun intended) California property taxes on that nice house she built in San Diego ;-).

Good luck tomorrow, Mirjana. BIG match.
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #653
country flag mikireturns

Jankovic found a way to lose to Sveta 7-5 in the third after feeding her a first set bagel.

JJ being a bit of a flake, I'd worry she might discover a sudden "injury" and blow town, especially since she isn't playing dubs again with Miki til Sunday.

BUT, the tournament awarded them a wild card into the draw, so I'm sure she feels EXTRA obligated and eager to go deep in the dubs draw.

Looks like they are going to get Petrova and Srebotnik, who are inching past Safarova/Pavulchenkova ...
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 02:13 AM   #654
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

I don't pretend to know Jankovic's psyche, but she seems a little bit aloof and self-centered. It's just a vibe I get watching her. She kind of gives off an air of entitlement. This leads me to guess she doesn't give an F about a doubles wild card and Miki now has no chance of getting to the third round in doubles.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 02:17 AM   #655
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

but...back to the singles match tomorrow against Wickmayer. I think it depends, as someone has already pointed out, which Wickmayer shows up. I hope its the inconsistent and mentally weak Wickmayer I've seen on a few occasions, one of which being against Co Co Vandeweghe last summer in California.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #656
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Petrova/Srebotnik are big favorites anyway.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #657
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Mirjana won her Indian Wells R1 match !

Seems like she is finally finding her form. Now upset Wickmayer

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #658
country flag jela_dokic

jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light

Happy B-Day Mirjana!!! Go out and get the Win!!! ♥

Jelena Dokic
Angelique Kerber
Mirjana Lucic

Sabine Lisicki, Elena Baltacha, Julia Goerges
jela_dokic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #659
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

It's her birthday today?? Happy birthday lady!!! So much love from Canada Celebrate with a win today please!!
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #660
country flag mikireturns

Aw, sh$t. I was playing tennis myself this morning and could not follow the scores (no phones allowed :-(

The stats tell us this match was not winnable because her first serve was a wreck. I'm glad she made such an obvious impression off the ground in that first set. Bummer. Even when she (presumably) took off the pace and landed more 1st serves in the third set, she made even less of an impact, but by that time it appears Wickmayer had gotten her number in terms of exploiting Miki's wonky service production.

Disappointed for Miki. This was clearly winnable if she had been having a strong day on serve. But, woulda coulda shoulda.

Doesn't matter now. She had a VERY admirable week of singles success at one of the biggest events on the globe, made oodles of cash, is still in the doubles, knows she belongs in all these main draws AND ... gets to try her hand at it all over again next week with Miami qualifying!

I gotta believe she's feeling a lot more eager to hit Miami than she was the last two years.

Hope she does something special for her birthday tonight. Go to Old Town LaQuinta, Miki. Have a margarita at the Hog's Breath ... But only one!