Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 41 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 6th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #601
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

Awesome! I didn't think it would be that easy

That's 140 points and $17,000 for the team
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 6th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #602
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Juicy 140 points for top 100. Hope she got confidence for tomorrow because she needs win badly.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #603
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Juicy 140 points for top 100.
Even top 90 possibly

When was the last time she was top 100 in doubles?
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #604
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Even top 90 possibly

When was the last time she was top 100 in doubles?
Not since 1999/2000, though I may be mistaken.

Hope she is fired-up, focused, and fierce tomorrow against Parmentier.

GL, Mirjana!
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 12:29 AM   #605
country flag networthy

Quote:
Even top 90 possibly
And with lots of room for improvement. She's not defending any doubles points until Wimbledon and her five worst results are 5, 1, 1, 1 and 0
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #606
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Arrabuena-Vecino (sic) just kicked Sesil down to size. Poor Sesil -- 13 DFs, no aces.

Grace Min is killing D-Lino. Some unexpected things out there.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #607
country flag mikireturns

Lucic-B vs Parm, 2nd match on Court 8. Matches start at 11AM~
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #608
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Well anybody can beat sesil
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #609
ajmo!

Quote:
But it was terribly close, and with a scoreline: 75 06 76(7). Parmentier won three games more than Mirjana
In palermo yes. Lucic was down 67 60 40 and won. Simone reported her scream when she broke back was heard in hole sicily.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #610
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

ha, i remember that. that was a really big win.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 02:07 AM   #611
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
Arrabuena-Vecino (sic) just kicked Sesil down to size. Poor Sesil -- 13 DFs, no aces.

Grace Min is killing D-Lino. Some unexpected things out there.
Grace Min has been pretty impressive. She's one to watch. Usually, a few qualifiers pull upsets in these tournaments as they are match tough. I think Mirjana can do the same tomorrow. She is listed as a favorite on some sites.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 02:24 AM   #612
country flag networthy

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I'm very encouraged by Mirjana's two Q singles wins and one MD doubles win this week and, more broadly, by her generally higher level of play this year (even if she has very little to show for it).

I wonder if we'll finally this year be seeing the imminent breakthrough that mikireturns has been predicting for years
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #613
country flag mikireturns

Quote:
Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I'm very encouraged by Mirjana's two Q singles wins and one MD doubles win this week and, more broadly, by her generally higher level of play this year (even if she has very little to show for it).

I wonder if we'll finally this year be seeing the imminent breakthrough that mikireturns has been predicting for years
Fair enough. I guess if I keep predicting it "for years" eventually it will become "imminent".

The irony is not lost on me, rest assured. I do wonder, too, though. I think so much of her chances have hinged on the fact that she has had uneven support. Not talking her family, who are very supportive and care so much for her, but financially and strategically.

Her talent is huge, but it's mercurial, and talent like that requires a very experienced, world-class coach/personality to tease-out the inner champion, and ... we must not forget that Mirjana is a champion; she has that pride.

There is no doubt her game has bumped-up a notch this year. Some draws have conspired against her (even look at Burdette, who Miki had on the ropes in Midland -- even she is opening eyes at Indian Wells) but now is time to put the well earned confidence to work and win a MD WTA match because she has earned this berth.

Lotsa luck to her. And then some.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 06:47 AM   #614
country flag networthy

So far Mirjana has pocketed a few cents short of $19,500 in Indian Wells ($11,000 in singles + $16,993/2 in doubles).

Hopefully such tangible rewards for her efforts will only motivate Mirjana further.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #615
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

already a good week, but it's time to go a step further...