Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #481
country flag 10SGUMP

10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

Can Venus stand any further in on Lucic's first serve?
10SGUMP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #482
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Well 3-6. Much better than last time they played. She just needs to make a few less DFs and UES (like usual)
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #483
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10SGUMP View Post
Can Venus stand any further in on Lucic's first serve?
Yeah, Lucic should go out wide when Venus does this.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #484
country flag SERVivor

damn shes getting killed now
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #485
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Mentally ... She just doesn't have it. Doesn't have that special "something." For a player with her weapons, this is a beatable Venus today ... Or at least a "three set Venus."

Oh, Mirjana. Game points are not things by which to be terrified out of your wits.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #486
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Ugh. 5-0 against a Venus who is really rusty.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #487
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future

I remember the US Open match when Elise Burgin said "Lucic can't do anything to mix it up because she is totally one dimensional" so even when she gets a glimpse of a chance e.g. 15-30 second serve. she will overhit a forehand and the chance has gone and sadly it's no different these days. I was hoping she might catch Venus cold and unfit but that hasn't been the case however I'd rather watch this than the collapses against Cepelova. This amount of unforced errors would probably cause her to lose to just about anyone in the draw so she may as well lose to Venus
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #488
country flag mikireturns

Well, a small moral victory for Miki with a gutsy break, but gosh ... this match could've been so ... so ...
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #489
country flag SERVivor

2-5. guga just showed up. Lucic is so streaky.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #490
country flag mikireturns

I think Ajmo called it 3 and 2? We'll see if he's right. Miki = Baffling.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #491
country flag SERVivor

where the hell was this kind of grit and focus earler in the match. LOL
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #492
country flag mikireturns

This late "push" notwithstanding, I think she really needs to head back to 50K and 25K events and learn how to win matches again. Otherwise, she is wasting her time by trying to make an impact at WTA and Slam level.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #493
country flag SERVivor

she fought hard to get back to 3-5. Glad she didn't fold up and lose the second set 6-0. She showed flashes she's just so streaky.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #494
country flag mikireturns

She needs some confidence wins ... She needs them bad. I don't see her making any headway in the tough Indian Wells and Miami draws. Not with this mental level.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #495
country flag mikireturns

Yes, it was nice to see some late-match grit, but she needs to beat-up on some girls and close some matches. Anyone can have a "flash" against anyone. Mirjana needs wins. She's worked too hard not to see some Top 100 results and ... Today was really the Mirjana we've seen since 2010. Super-fit but going nowhere, mentally. So much of her play made no sense.

I wonder if it really is lousy scheduling. Really, she ought to be playing a lot of 50Ks. The losses against Cepelova tell me she just isn't going to do anything in tour-level events until she gets some confidence rolling.

GL in doubles. Oh boy.